Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   16 WAYS TO BE A GOOD LIBERAL (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=36028)

Karl F 11-13-2006 07:02 PM

16 WAYS TO BE A GOOD LIBERAL

stripersnipr 11-13-2006 08:12 PM

:humpty:

Swimmer 11-13-2006 08:16 PM

Karl this is too balanced it will never go over well to certain people here.

Skip N 11-14-2006 12:47 AM

:rotf2:

slapshot 11-14-2006 07:50 AM

I have a question related to number 5.

Last year it was Bush's fault that we were having so many hurricanes. His aggregious policies against the environment were causing global warming and we were getting what we paid for because we voted for him.

This year is radically different. There really haven't been any hurricanes (season isn't over I guess). But how did Bush manage to change policy so drastically and fix the environment in one short season without anybody really noticing?

afterhours 11-14-2006 08:19 AM

very good karl

Mr. Sandman 11-15-2006 07:00 AM

Right on! my brotha!!

Bronko 11-15-2006 08:06 AM

:laugha: :humpty:

RIJIMMY 11-16-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshot (Post 433453)

But how did Bush manage to change policy so drastically and fix the environment in one short season without anybody really noticing?

The same way Bush was able to fix ALL the voting irregularities, minority issues, and voting machine problems. No reports in the 2006 elections, has nothing to do with the DEm victory

spence 11-16-2006 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 433912)
No reports in the 2006 elections, has nothing to do with the DEm victory

Actually there were a lot of reports of problems.

-spence

stripersnipr 11-16-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 433913)
Actually there were a lot of reports of problems.

-spence

Lots of reports, little whining.

spence 11-16-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 433918)
Lots of reports, little whining.

Even that's not true. A number of districts are planning on throwing out their new equipment.

The notion that there's no whining because the dems won is pretty silly.

-spence

stripersnipr 11-16-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 433921)
Even that's not true. A number of districts are planning on throwing out their new equipment.

-spence

Get serious...........no comparison in the shrill factor between this election vs. Democratic losses.

JoeP 11-16-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 433921)

-spence

Jeff:

Re-read what just came off your keyboard and tell me that even you believe what you said...

spence 11-16-2006 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeP (Post 433926)
Jeff:

Re-read what just came off your keyboard and tell me that even you believe what you said...

Completely...

I wasn't a close race. If it was close and the GOP could have maintained control they would have sued retired poll workers to get the job done.

-spence

Skip N 11-16-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 433924)
Get serious...........no comparison in the shrill factor between this election vs. Democratic losses.

Yep, if the Dems lost you know damn well Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be all over the place bitching an whining, but with the Dem victory they are amazingly silent. Isnt it amazing that when the Dems win, the elections are totally perfect?! No blacks and minorities being disinfranchised. Its truly amazing! :rotfl:

spence 11-16-2006 12:43 PM

People are disenfranchised every election, you just don't know about it.

If there's a close race, then people look at the issues more closely and it's gets national press.

But considering this was a blowout, there isn't the national focus. It doesn't mean that local districts aren't working on local issues.

-spence

Skip N 11-16-2006 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 433935)
People are disenfranchised every election, you just don't know about it.

If there's a close race, then people look at the issues more closely and it's gets national press.

But considering this was a blowout, there isn't the national focus. It doesn't mean that local districts aren't working on local issues.

-spence

Blowout? There were 3 or 4 Senate races alone that were razor thin. But the Dems won, so they looked the other way and didnt play the disinfranchised card.

If they truly cared about people not being disinfranchised, they would go after anyone who believed had a case. But they dont, they only make a big stink when they get thier asses kicked. If they win, they turn the other cheek and look away.

hypocrytes? I think so.

spence 11-16-2006 01:44 PM

You guys just can't deal with the fact that the Dems fronted candidates the people liked better than the rubber stampers.

When you fall, you fall hard.

-spence

stripersnipr 11-16-2006 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 433961)
You guys just can't deal with the fact that the Dems fronted candidates the people liked better than the rubber stampers.

-spence

Without whining.

Skip N 11-16-2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 433961)

-spence

We lost. Its over. We've moved on. Turn the tables on the winning partys and we'd still be having recount after recount. And Al Sharpton and Jessee Jackson would be doing thier usual thing. But you guys win, and the elections are perfect!

But you guys just dont see what a bunch of hypocrytes you are!

Its so freakin funny!!:rotfl:

spence 11-16-2006 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 433968)
Without whining.

Oh PLHUUUUEEESSSEEEE :laughs:

-spence

Skitterpop 11-16-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshot (Post 433453)

Last year it was Bush's fault that we were having so many hurricanes. His aggregious policies against the environment were causing global warming and we were getting what we paid for because we voted for him.

This year is radically different. There really haven't been any hurricanes (season isn't over I guess). But how did Bush manage to change policy so drastically and fix the environment in one short season without anybody really noticing?

Fix the environment??????? :rotfl: He was the figurehead for the change all the progressive laws about protecting the environment.... and he lead the charge to mining, gas & oil exploration, and lumbering vast areas of once protected lands..... good god...his group was raping and pillaging the weary planet.

spence 11-16-2006 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skitterpop (Post 433978)
good god...his group was raping and pillaging the weary planet.

IS

-spence

Skitterpop 11-16-2006 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 433980)
IS

-spence

Agreed.... my pain carried me beyond the now