Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Kayaking (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Spring Overnight Scramble? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=69613)

BigFish 03-04-2011 09:07 AM

Spring Overnight Scramble?

Looking for ideas for a late May/early June location to perhaps do an overnight "Scramble"? We need a location......and an area nearby to where we are yakking to camp out/stay? An ideal location would be one where we could yak and camp/stay right where we are yakking?? If you have any thoughts please chime in......this might be just a one night camp out and I would love to hear from those who think they might like to participate in this event so we know we have interest.:gh:

All that being said.....I have a friend in Wellfleet right on the harbor who owns 2 rental homes that are just a perfect location for just such a weekend trip! Angie and I have been renting these houses for about 10 years! Here is how I think it could go down......we have contacted my friends to see if we can rent both of the houses for a weekend (Friday and Saturday nights into Sunday afternoon.) I am waiting for a reply. As I said the house is right on Wellfleet Harbor and we can launch right into the harbor without leaving the house! I thought we could arrive on Friday afternoon....maybe get a trip on the harbor Friday evening? Have a nice evening dinner, hang out and have some laughs that night! Saturday morning we could either launch in the Harbor or.....travel down to Herring Cove Beach in P-Town (about a 20 minute ride from the house) and launch from there...nice easy launch which puts us right on Hatches Harbor at the tip of Race Point and we can fish along The Race all day.....does not get much better than this and Backbeach Jake/Fred can attest! Spend another fine evening Saturday night and perhaps get a quick trip out in the harbor in the am on Sunday before we pull up stakes! This place is very rustic and comfortable and cost will be minimal if we fill it up! The view from this place can't be beat and the sunsets are among the best I have ever seen! I would love to hear your thoughts on this location?? Would you be interested if I could pull the trigger on this?? I can post more details after I speak with my friends who own it!:uhuh:

BigFish 03-04-2011 09:11 AM

We are researching Memorial Day Weekend?? Would this work for most??? Or not?? Weekend of the 27th!

The Dad Fisherman 03-04-2011 09:18 AM

Memorial Day Weekend is The Plum Island Surfcasters Invitational Tournament....so I'd be out on that weekend.

But I also don't think I could make it down there on a lot of those weekends around that timeframe.

Weekend after that I got my Daughters Dance Recital..

Cutty 2 weekends after that....and I'm sure there will be a couple of campouts thrown in the mix too.....its amazing I get to fish at all sometimes.

so Long Story short...I'm probably out.:wall:

niko 03-04-2011 09:40 AM

larry - camp out on one of the boston harbor islands. i've always wanted to - maybe with the boys someday

blondterror 03-04-2011 09:45 AM

I am a definite maybe... both the cape location and the Boston harbor island idea would work for me depending on which weekend...

Nebe 03-04-2011 10:41 AM

Nomans. :hihi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigFish 03-07-2011 08:34 AM

I am going to look into the Harbor Islands.:uhuh:

Slingah 03-07-2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 842300)
I am going to look into the Harbor Islands.:uhuh:

I'll take a scouting mission over there with you soon. Ive been talking about camping & fishing there for years just haven't done it yet.
Boston Harbor Islands
http://www.bostonharborislands.com/visit-island

JohnR 03-09-2011 06:37 AM

No idea until we get closer for same reasons / schedule as TDF

I might even not have my week off to fish this year :fury::smash::wall::crying:

The Dad Fisherman 03-09-2011 07:44 AM

June is a complete wash for me....every weekend booked w/ something :wall:

kenny 03-09-2011 11:40 AM

Hey Larry, if you chose the harbor islands we could camp on Grape,Bumpkin and Lovell's .The boat will be at Hewits so I can haul the gear

BigFish 03-09-2011 11:49 AM

We are definitely going to do a Boston Harbor Island trip! Thanks Kenny! Arrgh!:rotf2:

fishbones 03-09-2011 12:07 PM

Wow, Kenny really does come on to the site! :wave:

I'm not sure how many overnite's I can do, but I'm definitely gonne try to make a couple. I'm sure it will be a blast.

BigFish 03-09-2011 12:20 PM

Kenny is nuts!!:jump1: