Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Obamas children's book (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=67386)

RIJIMMY 11-16-2010 12:48 PM

Obamas children's book

I think I'll get this for my daughter for Christmas, this seems pretty cool and yes, I am serious.

Obama's new children's book hits shelvesBy the CNN Wire StaffNovember 16, 2010 2:12 a.m. EST
The book "celebrates the characteristics that unite all Americans," according to publisher Random House.STORY HIGHLIGHTS
The book celebrates 13 "groundbreaking" Americans
Random House says the manuscript was completed before the president took office
The first run of the book will include 500,000 copies
Proceeds will be donated to the children of fallen and disabled soldiers
Washington (CNN) -- Half a million copies of a new children's book by President Obama hit the shelves Tuesday.

First daughters Sasha and Malia inspired the president to write "Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters," publisher Random House said.

The publisher describes Obama's latest book as "a moving tribute to thirteen groundbreaking Americans and the ideals that have shaped our nation -- from the artistry of Georgia O'Keeffe, to the courage of Jackie Robinson, to the patriotism of George Washington."

buckman 11-16-2010 03:02 PM

I can't wait to see President Clinton in "Hangover II" Sad....so sad:confused:

As for President Obama's book..."Proceeds will be donated to the children of fallen and disabled soldiers" He gets a big Thank you from me.

RIJIMMY 11-16-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 811316)
I can't wait to see President Clinton in "Hangover II" Sad....so sad:confused:

I heard he comes out of a car trunk naked

FishermanTim 11-16-2010 04:15 PM

So, in effect, he was writing this book when he was a senator?
That would possibly explain his non-votes and no-shows in senate.

Maybe his next book, in conjuction with Deval Patrick could be a play off of Hillary Clinton's "It takes a village to raise a child" and could call it "It takes an idiot to raid a village." :biglaugh:

RIROCKHOUND 11-16-2010 06:57 PM

Seriously.
we find a way to criticize this?

Buckman has it right, it is going to families of fallen/disabled soldiers. good for him.

scottw 11-16-2010 08:00 PM

maybe he's finally found something that he's good at, and without a teleprompter...go figure?...wait....I bet the kids wrote it for him:uhuh:

I don't support the president, but I support the mission...... of this book if the money is going to help ..."Proceeds will be donated to the children of fallen and disabled soldiers"