Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Weekend Plans (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=88840)

JohnR 07-17-2015 07:57 AM

Weekend Plans

Pick up the The Kid™ from Camp after 3 GLORIOUS weeks

(#*$#@! Work

So what's up for the weekend?

Rockfish9 07-17-2015 08:23 AM

Fishing tonight while the boss lady goes to Foxwoods with her daughter...

tomorrow/Sunday back working on the house...residing painting.. the end is near..

fishrick 07-17-2015 08:32 AM

Golf tonight with lady of the house, then dinner, fishing tomorrow from the boat for BSB and Fluke with 15 yo son (fist time he is out this year), then a retirement party on the shore tomorrow night...Clean up cars and boat on Sunday....at least that's the "plan"....

RickBomba 07-17-2015 08:49 AM

Stock up house with stuff for the next three weeks or so.

Cleaned up and put away all of the fishing stuff for next year.

Getting ready to spend 3 days in MGH starting Tuesday, then hopefully home by Thursday.

Have fun everybody! I'll be away from keyboards for a while.

Love,
Rick

5/0 07-17-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickBomba (Post 1077063)
Stock up house with stuff for the next three weeks or so.

Cleaned up and put away all of the fishing stuff for next year.

Getting ready to spend 3 days in MGH starting Tuesday, then hopefully home by Thursday.

Have fun everybody! I'll be away from keyboards for a while.

Love,
Rick

Best of luck Brotha have a speedy recovery!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Sea Dangles 07-17-2015 09:39 AM

Good Luck Ricky,I hope you put the gear to good use

DZ 07-17-2015 10:02 AM

Fish tonight and some brews tomorrow - anyone else going?
http://craftbrewraces.com/newport/

massbassman 07-17-2015 12:45 PM

Sneaking in one last fishing trip before taking the next month off, to take care of my wife. Having a double mastectomy on Wed. in her ongoing battle with breast cancer. We are praying it hasn't traveled to her Lymph Nodes when they remove them, and hope to avoid radiation. Poor kid's been through the ringer.
Having dinner Sat. with my older boys and grandchildren. Sun. getting a few things done around the house and trying to relax.
Good luck Rick Bomba!

Rockport24 07-17-2015 01:56 PM

T&P's to your wife bassman

RickBomba 07-17-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1077066)
Good Luck Ricky,I hope you put the gear to good use

Not the big game stuff. I did manage some big topwater fish on pretty light tackle with #^&#^&#^&#^&y, though. I did also manage to lose the first nice rod that I ever bought (back in 1996). It was a 8 foot Fenwick that started life as a 9 footer. I put it in the rod holder, moved the boat about 1/4 mile, looked back and it was gone. I thought #^&#^&#^&#^&y was playing a trick on me.

And t&p to bassman's wife.

stripermaineiac 07-17-2015 02:10 PM

Recover from 5 days of fishin the Ditch an the area around it. Great time an loads of great fishermen there. The fish even showed too. Thursday evewn gave us a nice chance to talk to the guy from enviromental enforsement as they checked everyones liscence LOL.

piemma 07-17-2015 02:28 PM

T&P for the bassman's wife. I am doing NOTHING all weekend.
Played golf for the 1st time in 2 years this am. Shot a 45 for 9 @ Crystal Lake CC.

Nebe 07-17-2015 03:30 PM

Fishing must be slow if Paul is playing golf!

tattoobob 07-17-2015 04:09 PM

Good Luck Ricky, and Bassman I am praying for your wife

I plan on working on the camper tomorrow hopefully for a quick turn around

Sunday I hope to stay poolside all day my tan is fading

I have only fished twice in May due to family maters, I hope to start sometime late this month thru the fall wish me luck

5/0 07-17-2015 05:08 PM

Dave I wish you both well and I will say a prayer for your family on Wednesday morning.
Stay tough Buddy.

As for me
I'm burnt out so I plan on taking some off time and plan fishing,eating (strap the food bag on), relaxing, laughing, kayaking and boozing for a bit to decompress and re boot the batterys.
Funny how every time I reach into the cooler I can catch a Keeper!!!

Enjoy boys.

5/0 signing out!

massbassman 07-17-2015 06:57 PM

Thanks Bobby, and thank you all, for the prayers and well wishes. It means alot to us. I hope you all enjoy the weekend.

thefishingfreak 07-17-2015 08:01 PM

Good luck to your wife I hope it all works out.
I'll be tuna fishing all weekend staring at balloons

Linesider82 07-18-2015 12:48 AM

Rick I wish you the very best in your surgery. Dave same for your wife. My prayers and thoughts are with you both.

I was at an MMA fight tonight, and the funny part was that there was a speech by Silvester Stallone that got me inspired, about fighting the good fight. Super corny I know, but it's true. Fight for what makes you happy and enjoy your life.

Praying for my Uncle Saad, he is a great person who left Iraq many moons ago to make a better life. He is likely done here, over 100 days in a coma and I'm certain my aunt Paula is broke. Insurance is kicking him out of hospice (he is breathing on his own). He had a massive stroke and hit his head on the fall. #^&#^&#^&#^&ing guy holds on and it's killing him and his family. Get a lawyer if you have to go through something like this.... It won't stop the pain but there is comfort in knowing someone is fighting insurance companies for your loved one and for you.

Niece turns 4 tomorrow, going to her BD party to get my token "Uncle Matt" so much excitement in that phrase. What a good gift to me.

Tight lines you S-Bers

bart 07-18-2015 09:55 PM

Best wishes to those dealing with some tough times...