Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Stolen VS, Ron Arra, plug bag (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92553)

doc 07-17-2017 12:19 PM

Stolen VS, Ron Arra, plug bag

Stolen from outside my office at mount auburn hospital...vs 150, 9' ron arra two piece and aquaskinz plug bag loaded...super upsetting...so please keep an eye out for me...thanks

chefchris401 07-17-2017 12:54 PM

Damn that sucks

Seems to be a lot of that happening this season

What color vs?

You know the serial number?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

afterhours 07-17-2017 01:10 PM

thieves are the worst! post vs # asap to get it out there.

doc 07-17-2017 01:31 PM

will check serial number when i get home...silver vs 150 w power handle
yeah, seriously sucks

nightfighter 07-17-2017 02:14 PM

Call security. There have to be cameras everywhere in there, Jeremy. Come by the house and pick up whatever you need to keep fishing.

doc 07-17-2017 02:24 PM

Thanks Ross. I have stuff - just pissed and as naive as it may sound disgusted that someone would do this...

MAKAI 07-17-2017 04:07 PM

Thieves should have their eyes popped out with rusty spoons.
Not much I loathe more.

Nebe 07-17-2017 04:13 PM

Wtf. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Surf Caster 07-18-2017 05:20 AM

some people have must no conscience. sorry to hear man - sucks.

JohnR 07-18-2017 07:12 AM

Damn fools. Well, there is another day of fix for some junkie

SAUERKRAUT 07-18-2017 11:39 AM

Sorry about this loss. Painful it may be, could you give some details how this theft occurred. Did the bastage cut it off a locked rack? Break a window with the outfit visible inside? Etc. So the rest of us can protect ourselves.

Many of us work our asses off, doing what we must, and in some pretty grimy places, for the privilege to hunt these great animals (striped bass) in a great natural setting. Thieves do not care; commercial bass fishermen do not understand.

doc 07-18-2017 11:45 AM

was just outside my office (a glass door) on the private grounds of a hospital, someone would have to walk up the stairwell to that glass door and take it risking being seen by my staff working just inside...only plausible explanation is someone who works at the hospital took it which is pretty disgusting and shameless...

SAUERKRAUT 07-18-2017 11:54 AM

Yeah. I'm all over the State (Quincy, N. Bedford) and beyond with tackle aboard. I have one pc. rods sticking out the window. However, I NEVER have a VSX or ZB on the outfit. Rather, an old but reliable 706Z. This is one of the reasons that I have such an outfit in my hands so often, when I have better ones in my quiver.

Again Doc, sorry about all of this.

RIsurffishing 07-18-2017 12:12 PM

Doc are you all set for gear? Have a two row plug bag and homemade plugs, cheap if you need them?

doc 07-18-2017 12:26 PM

So kind of you - I am all set. I have extra gear. Thank you for the offer. Interestingly, home-owners insurance covers this theft, minus the deductible and depreciation but there should be some coverage beyond that which I was surprised to learn

Rockport24 07-18-2017 12:37 PM

Sorry to hear Jeremy!
I would bet it was someone who works at the hospital, scumbags!

FishermanTim 07-18-2017 12:48 PM

I would go with the security camera route and have the serial number and report it to the authorities.

If it were someone from the building, it would sere them right to get canned for such a lowly act.

Sucks that you would have to go through your homeowners insurance and pay more than once for it (deduct plus higher premiums).

Zeal 07-18-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doc (Post 1125214)
So kind of you - I am all set. I have extra gear. Thank you for the offer. Interestingly, home-owners insurance covers this theft, minus the deductible and depreciation but there should be some coverage beyond that which I was surprised to learn

Am I reading this right? Home owners insurance covered stolen fishing gear???

Horrible to hear of it happening (I'm paranoid about people stealing around wherever I go) but I've never heard of that.

How did they even measure depreciation on your gear??

doc 07-18-2017 01:53 PM

awaiting what they say about depreciation as have not met w adjuster yet...was also told depreciation can be offset rcv (replacement cost value) if i indeed replace what was stolen with new equivalent gear...was all assured that this doesn't affect my premium...i was also surprised this was covered...in the beginning of the process so we shall see...

FLY-FAST 07-20-2017 09:09 PM

sorry man, that's really crummy!