Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Lime in Corona? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=74368)

fishbones 11-14-2011 03:06 PM

Lime in Corona?

What's your thought on this? Someone actually made fun of me for putting lime in it yesterday.

tysdad115 11-14-2011 04:09 PM

Back when I used to enjoy them, yes I liked a lime in the corona whenever possible. Maybe thats an 80's thing too John.

The Dad Fisherman 11-14-2011 04:09 PM

I got no issue with it, I do it once in awhile...as long as it tastes good tell him to pucker up and :bshake: :hihi:

fishbones 11-14-2011 04:47 PM

I think of Corona as a summer beer, but had some left in my fridge from a friends visit Saturday night (along with some lime wedges). I brought them with me to watch the Pats game yesterday and was made fun of. Not really a big deal, as everyone was busting each others chops.

What I found kind of ironic was that the guy busting on me was drinking Twisted Tea.:devil2:

PRBuzz 11-14-2011 04:52 PM

Get a real beer! Corona....:yak5: with or without lime, although I do see a lot of people use the lime.

Same question: orange in a Blue Moon? My wife's favorite.

Nebe 11-14-2011 05:22 PM

Nothing is more refreshing to me after a hot day in the glass studio than a corona with lime.. I put a fat wedge in there, put my thumb over the opening and turn it upside down while sealing in the rising air pressure for about 5 or 8 seconds, then flip the bottle right side up and slowly let go of the pressure- it squeezes all of the juice out of the lime..

Raven 11-14-2011 05:28 PM

it's because of Tequilla

doing shots of tequilla
and the corona is for washing it down with

but my main gripe with putting a lime wedge in a bottle
is getting them back out with a custom made coat hanger tool

and ya can't wait to long either...otherwise
what ya have is the most perfect fruit fly breeding chamber
known to man....

so if you have an ENEMY leave a corona with a lime wedge in it
and a half inch of beer inside his garage behind something
where he won't soon find it...to drive him absolutely CRAZY :uhuh:

basswipe 11-14-2011 05:48 PM

Corona:yak4:

No amount of fruit will make that swill taste good!

GregW 11-14-2011 06:34 PM

I don't drink Corona often, but when I do I drink them with lime.

Backbeach Jake 11-14-2011 07:07 PM

The wedge of lime keeps flys out of your beer.
Super cold Corona with a twist is a gift from God on a 90+ degree, to hot to move, day.

The Dad Fisherman 11-14-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishbones (Post 900290)
What I found kind of ironic was that the guy busting on me was drinking Twisted Tea.:devil2:

Did you send him upstairs to watch lifetime with the other gals.

That took some serious balls if you ask me. :hihi:

Jenn 11-14-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRBuzz (Post 900292)
Get a real beer! Corona....:yak5: with or without lime, although I do see a lot of people use the lime.

I would pass on the corona alltogether. I do however like a blue moon w/ orange once in a ,,,,,while! That is the only time I would have a slice of anything in my beer though....

Saltheart 11-15-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRBuzz (Post 900292)

In fact Blue Moon is a Belgian White and it has an intimate association with orange.

belgian white are made using very little hops. Instead the bitter/sweat balance is obtained by using bitter and sweet orange peels in the brewing. Also , its customary to add Coriander seeds (crushed) to the brew kettle. Crushed Coriander seeds also have a distinct orange aroma.

So adding orange to a Belgian White is in fact logical.

Now why anybody would add lime to any kind of beer is beyond me. I suppose its a matter of taste but in competitive brewing , a lime taste is avoided like the plague.

Now in Mexico , at the resort areas you see lots of Corona with lime served but in central Mexico , which is more old world Spanish , I seldom saw anyone but the Gringos (Americans) drinking Corona with lime.

Sea Dangles 11-15-2011 08:35 PM

Twisted tea-no
Corona-no
Lime in beer-no

Check your skirt at the door,it's ladies night.

fishbones 11-17-2011 09:10 PM

I'm sitting across from a guy who just got a Corona with a lime. You're right Sea Dangles, it looks a bit girlie.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

O.D. Mike 11-17-2011 10:26 PM

Lime in a corona, orange in Bluemoon, just no banannas!!!!!

Heard something new, a shot of vanilla vodka in Pumpkin ale?

JohnnySaxatilis 11-18-2011 09:48 AM

I despise limes after working at the improper bostonian this summer for a few of the plunckette nights.... i can still smell it :buds:

tysdad115 11-18-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.D. Mike (Post 901009)

Heard something new, a shot of vanilla vodka in Pumpkin ale?

Coming soon...a filter free OD hopped up on vodka. :buds:

PRBuzz 11-18-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.D. Mike (Post 901009)

So no strawberry/banana Daiquirí's!:smash: