Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   just what a racist would do (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95535)

Jim in CT 09-12-2019 06:07 AM

just what a racist would do

Trump lifts a ban on federal funding for historically black, faith based colleges.

Right out of James Earl Rays playbook, eh?

His mouth and his tweets are routinely obnoxious, offensive, with an Archie Bunker-esque style. When he’s angry, he says and tweets things that are insensitive at the very best, genuinely offensive at worst.

But why would a racist white supremacist, do this?

i’d love to see us somehow get back to the unity we had in the immediate aftermath of the post 9/11 era, where we really felt
like we were one nation under god, regardless of what we each did in the voting booth. Trumps
rhetoric doesn’t move us on that direction for sure.

But his mouth isn’t what we’re about. This is what we’re about.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...Hvsslu2QYIVPhY

Got Stripers 09-12-2019 06:51 AM

Could it be he realized his 2020 campaign needs more than just immigration to fall back on, even if the economy holds.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Sea Dangles 09-12-2019 07:23 AM

The greatest bolster to his 2020 campaign is simply the opposition.

Jim in CT 09-12-2019 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1173967)
Could it be he realized his 2020 campaign needs more than just immigration to fall back on, even if the economy holds.

GS, is this a good thing Trump did? does it help blacks, or hurt them?

PaulS 09-12-2019 08:41 AM

So if you do 1 good thing for blacks it makes you not a racist? If you do 1 racist thing, does that make you a racist?

Jim in CT 09-12-2019 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1173974)
So if you do 1 good thing for blacks it makes you not a racist? If you do 1 racist thing, does that make you a racist?

black unemployment at an all
time low, thanks in part to trump

he signed major criminal justice reform which disproportionately benefits blacks.

his tax changes included a 100% increase in the standard deduction, meaning more people pay zero taxes, which disproportionately benefits blacks.

one thing, Paul?

TDS has you, too.

PaulS 09-12-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1173980)
one thing, Paul?

TDS has you, too.

And yet you are on here more than anyone else, constantly arguing with people day in and day out - 7 days a week. Doing all you can to defend Trump (I know you don't like his foul mouth - big deal bc u constantly complain about 1 thing Hillary said). Showing hypocrisy w/all the things you used to whine about w/Obama that Trump has taken to extremes.

Why don't you complain that Trump hasn't released his transcripts (he even threatened to sue any school that does) when you used to whine about Obama not doing that.

And I have TDS - look in the mirror

Pete F. 09-12-2019 09:09 AM

Maybe he has a guilty conscience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpyGDdYGaPc

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...mments/588067/

scottw 09-12-2019 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1173974)

you worked "racist" into a post three times! nice job!...Paul Sharpton trigger word :laugha:

scottw 09-12-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1173981)

And I have TDS

yup:hihi:

PaulS 09-12-2019 09:17 AM

snarky, snarky, snarky

Jim in CT 09-12-2019 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1173988)
snarky, snarky, snarky

paul, unlike you, i can criticize Trump when it’s fair to do so, and i praise him when it’s fair to do so. i did the same exact thing with obama. shouldn’t that be the goal?

PaulS 09-12-2019 09:46 AM

But you constantly are on here discussing Trump. More than anyone. So who has TDS?

So if you are a racist and do 1 thing that benefits that group, that makes you not a racist (and vice versa)?

And what exactly did Trump do to help black unemployment? Did he have a hire a black day?

Jim in CT 09-12-2019 10:32 AM

Paul, when i brought up obamas transcripts, it was in response to liberals mocking bush and mccain for their grades.

i agree with you, let’s come
up with a common set of rules for disclosing tax returns and transcripts, and apply them evenly to all candidates.

i never cared about obamas transcripts, i don’t think college GPA says a lot about ones ability to do that job.

Jim in CT 09-12-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1173991)
But you constantly are on here discussing Trump. More than anyone. So who has TDS?

So if you are a racist and do 1 thing that benefits that group, that makes you not a racist (and vice versa)?

And what exactly did Trump do to help black unemployment? Did he have a hire a black day?

i don’t start piss about trump
anywhere near as often as pete, not even close.

who has tds? those who can’t see past their hatred of him, to see the productive things he’s done. that would include you.

trump helped unemployment for
everyone, by stimulating the economy with pro business tax cuts ( possibly too pro business), especially the cutting of corporate tax rates. remember all the companies that said they’d invest in growth? that means jobs. it may surprise you, but some of those jobs will go to blacks.

unemployment is down, wages are up. that is generally considered a good thing, even when you dont happen to like the current president. trump did some bold things, obviously they had an effect.

they also probably added significantly to our debt, and that's the other side that needs to be discussed, as it’s a serious issue.

scottw 09-12-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1173991)

does washing pickles with a grandfather clock on your head while standing in traffic cost more than a week's worth of dogfood?

PaulS 09-12-2019 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1173995)
i don’t start piss about trump
anywhere near as often as pete, not even close.

who has tds? those who can’t see past their hatred of him, to see the productive things he’s done. that would include you.Who cares about the frequency. No one is making anyone here responds. Do his posts cover items of importance? We had 8 years of taking about whether putting someone's legs on a desk or wearing a tan suit dishonors the office.

trump helped unemployment for
everyone, by stimulating the economy with pro business tax cuts ( possibly too pro business), especially the cutting of corporate tax rates. remember all the companies that said they’d invest in growth? that means jobs. it may surprise you, but some of those jobs will go to blacks.

unemployment is down, wages are up. that is generally considered a good thing, even when you dont happen to like the current president. trump did some bold things, obviously they had an effect.

they also probably added significantly to our debt, and that's the other side that needs to be discussed, as it’s a serious issue.

So it looks like he didn't do anything specific for blacks?

Jim in CT 09-12-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1174004)

now you don’t care about frequency, five minutes ago you said i post more frequently than anyone else. i’m sorry i missed the announcement that frequency mattered five minutes ago, but no longer.

Jim in CT 09-12-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

specific to blacks, meaning something that whites can’t utilize? no, he didn’t. but blacks are disproportionately (if not exclusively) benefitting from some of his programs.

i am sorry if that fact bothers you. but it’s still a fact. and it’s a fact to be proud of, isn’t it?

PaulS 09-12-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1174007)
now you don’t care about frequency, five minutes ago you said i post more frequently than anyone else. i’m sorry i missed the announcement that frequency mattered five minutes ago, but no longer.

What is wrong is the hypocrisy of you complaining about how much someone else posts when you prob. post more than anyone else?

PaulS 09-12-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1174008)
specific to blacks, meaning something that whites can’t utilize? no, he didn’t. but blacks are disproportionately (if not exclusively) benefitting from some of his programs.

i am sorry if that fact bothers you. but it’s still a fact. and it’s a fact to be proud of, isn’t it?

The fact is that you have frequently touted black unemployment and implied Trump had something to do with it but when pressed to explain what he exactly did to help out blacks can't come up with anything.

Sea Dangles 09-12-2019 01:06 PM

Trumps programs,including tax changes have spurred more employment. This means more opportunities regardless of color. The first step act directly benefits blacks also. Pay attention and become informed. The blinders are making you less so.

Sea Dangles 09-12-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1174007)

This d-bag will never acknowledge that he talks in circles. When he feels trapped he changes the goal line. Oops he just did it again.

PaulS 09-12-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1174014)
This d-bag will never acknowledge that he talks in circles. When he feels trapped he changes the goal line. Oops he just did it again.

You really are a P O S. But everyone knew that even before you started making fun of another members son's college choice

Sea Dangles 09-12-2019 02:51 PM

Sorry to interject. Go back to telling Jim he posts the most. Try to make a point that is coherent.

PaulS 09-12-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1174018)
Sorry to interject. Go back to telling Jim he posts the most. Try to make a point that is coherent.

Read some of your posts. Go back to lurking as you are just a troll who adds nothing.

The Dad Fisherman 09-12-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

THE WHITE HOUSE INITIATIVE TO PROMOTE EXCELLENCE AND INNOVATION AT HISTORICALLY BLACK COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13779

scottw 09-12-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1174018)

he only has a few marbles to play with...

Jim in CT 09-12-2019 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1174020)
THE WHITE HOUSE INITIATIVE TO PROMOTE EXCELLENCE AND INNOVATION AT HISTORICALLY BLACK COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13779

he saying that because a white kid could attend that school
and benefit, that this isn’t “for blacks”. these are the best arguments they can come
up with. it’s stunning. unless the law says “no honkeys are allowed
to benefit”, it doesn’t count.

Sea Dangles 09-12-2019 03:32 PM

Stop trying to fix stupid.