Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Plugfest Entry Forms for plug contest (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=61959)

angler229 02-03-2010 10:15 PM

Plugfest Entry Forms for plug contest

2 Attachment(s)
For everyone entering a plug into the Plugfest Contests it would be greatly appreciated if you would fill out and submit a form with your entry. This way anyone looking/judging the plugs will have a better understanding of what they are looking at it. Attached are documents (in Microsoft Word) of the forms, one for Classic Plugs and another for all other categories. The blank boxes in the bottom right corner are so entries can be numbered for judging. The next post will also include examples of filled out forms, to give you an idea of what to do.

angler229 02-03-2010 10:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are examples of of Classic and General category entries. Please feel free to go into more detail and include any details about the plug you want.

a4scoot 02-04-2010 07:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Dan I added some check boxes to your form to make it easyer to select the catagory.

pbadad 02-15-2010 06:52 PM

Is there a category for restoration of plugs?

Slipknot 02-15-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbadad (Post 747620)
Is there a category for restoration of plugs?

there can be

I don't see representation of a classic either, doh :wall: that is separate

a4scoot 02-15-2010 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 747639)
there can be

I don't see representation of a classic either, doh :wall: that is separate

Here is an updated form.

BILLC 02-15-2010 09:45 PM

Can you only submit one plug? I made a flaptail but it's not my best. I wanted to enter the rookie category with my nicest work.

angler229 02-15-2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BILLC (Post 747698)
Can you only submit one plug? I made a flaptail but it's not my best. I wanted to enter the rookie category with my nicest work.

In the past you could enter 2 plugs as long as they were made for different categories, so I'm assuming that still applies this year.

Slipknot 02-16-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angler229 (Post 747710)
In the past you could enter 2 plugs as long as they were made for different categories, so I'm assuming that still applies this year.

yes

you could do three
1 classic
2 general
3 flaptail

if you wanted to

Chunkah 02-16-2010 04:13 PM

How do you folks judge the rookie plugs? Is it based more on appearance / finish / paint, or is it based on fuction (is there a way to test how they swim)? Thinking of taking the plunge and submitting one....:screwy:

angler229 02-16-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunkah (Post 747907)
How do you folks judge the rookie plugs? Is it based more on appearance / finish / paint, or is it based on fuction (is there a way to test how they swim)? Thinking of taking the plunge and submitting one....:screwy:

They are judged by everyone mostly on appearance, there is no way to swim them unless someone is building a test tank. You submit the plug in a paper bag with an entrance form to keep it anonymous. Then everyone at plugfest will have a chance to take a look and submit their choice for the best in the category. Everyone is encouraged to enter so go for it.

mfm22 02-17-2010 09:28 AM

What constitutes / requirements -rookie ?

On the classic cat. does plug need to be exact or can it have mod [eyes added as an example ]

Slipknot 02-17-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfm22 (Post 748134)

On the classic cat. does plug need to be exact or can it have mod [eyes added as an example ]

I am not one of the judges but I think subtle improvements would be fine but not sure about addition of eyes,maybe one of the judges will comment.

rookie is a new builder, first year in the contest and new at building plugs

Slipknot 02-17-2010 07:40 PM

IMPORTANT PLEASE!!!!

make a note on your form if you wish to keep your plug or donate it to the raffle!

Tagger 02-17-2010 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfm22 (Post 748134)

I'd go as close to Original as possible ,, Example ,, Eyes on the Professors Bass Aqua last year would have totally ruined it .

On the Rookie I'd say 1st year builders ,, If guys have been building for years and want to pawn themselves off as rookies ,,that's kind of lame ..

Chunkah 02-18-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tagger (Post 748420)
On the Rookie I'd say 1st year builders ,, If guys have been building for years and want to pawn themselves off as rookies ,,that's kind of lame ..

I agree. Started building last April / May, caught my first fish of the year on one of my first plugs....now I can't STOP!! (Come to think of it, any fish I caught on a plug last year was on one of mine).

Slipknot 02-18-2010 04:39 PM

please pay attention to the whole entry form
thanks

quote = "Please include a separate sheet with your name and online handle"

that means do NOT put your name on the form.

Rockfish9 02-18-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tagger (Post 748420)
I'd go as close to Original as possible ,, Example ,, Eyes on the Professors Bass Aqua last year would have totally ruined it .

I think that this is VERY important.... if the original had glass eyes, so should the remake, if the eyes were painted on so be it, the remake should be painted as well... same goes for hardware... as close as possible...

Slipknot 02-18-2010 07:21 PM

All plugs should be in a paper bag when handed over at the table

O.D. Mike 02-19-2010 02:27 PM

Plugfest

Slipknot,

Is there a pre-registration for entering plugs?

Thanks,
Mike

Slipknot 02-19-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.D. Mike (Post 748897)
Slipknot,

Thanks,
Mike

nope
just bring your entry/entries

make sure your name is on a slip of paper in the bag

Slipknot 02-22-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.D. Mike (Post 748897)
Slipknot,

Thanks,
Mike

Thanks everyone
it all went well

And next year it will go even smoother

You'll have to get your contest entries done earlier next time, because they will need to be mailed in one week(that is 7 days) before the plugfest.
With 42 entries this year, it is too much work and too time consuming to handle it the morning of plugfest. The day is too short.

So there WILL be a pre-registration next year :D

I forgot you asked this question Mike, and after plugfest I was talking with my wife and she suggested everyone mail them ahead of time. I thought that would be perfect.:uhuh:

see you all out there fishing plugs soon hopefully, if not next plugfest. :wave:

VTBasser 02-22-2010 01:03 PM

Will that mean you won't have to be present to enter? Just present to get your plug back?

Swimmer 02-18-2011 03:39 PM

i Can't open the GD file in Word to make out a plug entry form............................:wall:

Slipknot 02-18-2011 03:48 PM

don't worry about it Frank
just write it out by hand like most people did
keep it simple