Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Ice Fishing (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   What will the season bring??? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=89201)

FishermanTim 09-20-2015 12:06 PM

What will the season bring???

Will we have another epic winter?

Will we get lots of snow?
Windy?
Icy?

Maybe warm and rainy?

I'm looking for similar temps and ice thickness but with less snow!

Guppy 09-20-2015 05:55 PM

Only got out twice last year b4 knee surgery,, Hoping for a wicked freeze up

Raven 09-21-2015 03:29 PM

well i got massive acorn drop this year
wish i could remember what that means

Guppy 09-21-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 1082195)
well i got massive acorn drop this year
wish i could remember what that means

Fat squirrels

Mugz 10-01-2015 09:23 AM

Ha.....I don't remember ice fishing on clear black ice in years, until last year. Was fishing on nice clear black ice up until January 15th...when all of a sudden the heavens produced the most snow I ever want to see again. Pretty much ruined the later part of the ice fishing season for me anyways.

Guppy 10-01-2015 02:13 PM

Ya, I slept in Attleboro ( sons house) b 4 going further north last year looking for ice. Got two weekends in on some nice ice, looking to give it hell this year.. :-)

Keep me in mind, u can cut my holes! :-). LOL

FishermanTim 10-08-2015 10:00 PM

I fished last season a lot.
My last trips were in Westwood and Southern NH.
I fished on Good Friday!

I've heard reports (rumors) that we might have a warmer winter than usual. Of course these same "experts" claimed last season was going to be less than average snowfall.

I'd make sure that your shovels, snow blowers and ice melt are ready just in case!

Poncho 11-19-2015 01:07 PM

Ice ice baby do do do do do dooo do doooo
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RickBomba 12-31-2015 02:11 PM

I picked a good year to get my spine fused. I'm pretty sure there will be no Cape freeze at all. Maybe get out with the kid and fish the pond across the street. This reminds me of 2011 (FABBIT) where we randomly picked Comet Pond to have the tourney and it was one of the few places in the state with Fishable Ice the weekend after the Super Bowl.

mag minnow 01-15-2016 05:34 PM

The season starts tomorrow for me.

bobber 01-27-2016 12:27 PM

fished the local mill pond yesterday for one LMB- soon after got chased off the pond by the local PD because a homeowner thought I was gonna die by fishing on thin ice.....

timmah 10-09-2016 10:30 AM

Hbbb by yu utopia iiyyyyyy yield y TV by yhuhhh bvvgvvggvvgvggvvgvgvvggvvgvvgvvvv%c. Gnngbjunjnjnjnbh uh vvg. Itttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Otto iiiiitttttttttttty I iiiiii out uttt t tcr to it. ffff. T t y

Rockfish9 10-10-2016 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmah (Post 1110141)
Hbbb by yu utopia iiyyyyyy yield y TV by yhuhhh bvvgvvggvvgvggvvgvgvvggvvgvvgvvvv%c. Gnngbjunjnjnjnbh uh vvg. Itttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Otto iiiiitttttttttttty I iiiiii out uttt t tcr to it. ffff. T t y

I agree...:lurk:

Slipknot 10-10-2016 08:42 AM

I turned on the heat this morning for the first time

good luck to all you ice fishermen

Guppy 10-10-2016 10:29 AM

Bring it on,,,, I'm in and ready :kewl::kewl:

FishermanTim 10-10-2016 10:32 AM

If we don't get any measureable rainfall beforehand, the ice will form over shallower water and will have an affect on fishing.
Some ponds are shallow enough now, that if we have a real deep-freeze it could cause some serious "winter-kills".

If we don't get any serious rain and/or snow over the coming winter we will be in much worse condition for next year!

Rockfish9 10-10-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1110189)
I turned on the heat this morning for the first time

good luck to all you ice fishermen

Thanks Bruce... holding out on turning on the heat.... boats all wrapped up and pickled...I'll finish the season from shore...

the ponds up north are not quite as decimated as the ones down here...

My ice gear is ready.. I made a new trailer for the wheeler... my wife didn't like the idea of me driving the wheeler into the new truck because it's higher than the old one.. she's afraid I'd flip over..not make it home and she'd have to shovel the snow...

Raven 10-11-2016 06:58 AM

35 and sunny today
got a cold already
trying to set in
echinacea herb and vit C
will prevail

Raven 10-11-2016 07:06 AM

got a nice new stove
set up right in front
of furnace fresh air intake
staying cozy this winter

Guppy 10-11-2016 02:46 PM

That's a good idea right there with the air :-)
(Gup rap). :wave:

FishermanTim 12-03-2016 05:10 PM

Still hoping for some significant rainfall before ice-in.
Figure that since most, if not all waters have already turned over, the added waters wouldn't have a drastic affect on the fish.

Besides that, I'm also hoping for some good ice as early as possible and as safe as possible!

Rob Rockcrawler 12-06-2016 08:25 AM

Looking at the monthly forecast which means just about nothing we could have some ice before new years!

The Dad Fisherman 12-06-2016 11:19 AM

Got most of the gear ready, just have to throw some skis on the sled and I'm good to go. Now we just need some ice. Temps supposed to drop into the teens the next couple of nights.

BigBo 12-06-2016 12:27 PM

Getting there. It's gone already, but had a skim coating of ice on the local ponds here. :)

Sea Dangles 12-06-2016 09:34 PM

I can't wait to charge the auger

FishermanTim 12-07-2016 11:30 AM

Picked up some replacement blades for my hand augers, just in case I need to during the season.
Haven't broken out the gear just yet, but will very soon.
Have to store my kayak and drag out the flip-over from my bro's shed in NH.

I plan on making as many trips as possible and inviting some newbies along to see what it's all about!

Rockfish9 12-08-2016 10:56 AM

Big cold spell gripping the mid west headed our way... it'll moderate some but will go a long way towards making the water hard...

all the gear is ready I've already got my ticket for the rotary derby and confirmed my room... I've trapped about 400 shiners and 200 tommy cods... my worm box is full of red wigglers... I'm waiting on mother nature now..

I've added a new "weapon" to my arsenal... I bought ( an early Christmas present)and customized a utility trailer for my 4 wheeler... Nancy didn't want me driving the wheeler into the new truck bed ( it's a 3/4 ton and considerably higher than my half ton was) so it'll make life a lot easier and allow me to carry my gear easier..

Guppy 12-08-2016 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1113378)
I can't wait to charge the auger

Smart arz.... :-)

I'm looking for power, the hand power just about killed me last time I used it....

I'll be the first to admit I don't know what I'm doing out there but luv going,,, bring it on.... :laugha:

Sea Dangles 12-08-2016 05:13 PM

Gup, I am looking to dump my Jiffy if you are interested. Love the ion for my suburban as there is no gas inside the vehicle.

Guppy 12-08-2016 07:16 PM

I'm thinking....