Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   PlugFest/Great Way To Spend The Day! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=55397)

BigFish 02-21-2009 06:41 PM

PlugFest/Great Way To Spend The Day!

Just wanted to say that a great time was had by all today at the annual PlugFest! What a great way to spend a cold February day! To all I had the chance to speak with and spend time with thanks for a great day! To all the builders that were there....what a mind blowing array of insane work! Speaking of insane......I realized what a screwed up bunch we are when I glanced across the room and saw Dr. Numbscull holding x-rays of plugs up against the window!!!:jump1: What a great form of insanity and I enjoy every minute of it with all of you! Big thanks go out to JohnR, MikeCC, Slipknot, PNG, ThrowingTimber, Swimmer and everyone else that worked so hard to make today a fantastic experience!:uhuh:

Thanks Guys!
BigFish

ThrowingTimber 02-21-2009 06:45 PM

Thanks for all the annoucements Larry! :bgi:

Slipknot 02-21-2009 06:47 PM

Ya, it was great. Thanks to all those who helped make it happen again including you too Larry, we needed your voice and you and Frank for the help with the tix. Thanks to Danny for taking in the door cover fee :kewl:
Thanks to Mikecc and to Saltbugger for selling plug stuff.
Thanks to all who brought food and contributed. Thanks to PNG,Stifftip and all who brought stuff to show.
I hope eveyone had a good time.

Maybe the long distance award goes to Chumbucket,Patrick and NIB, you guys are awesome.

All who ebtered plugs in the contest, thank you and congrats to the winners. We'll have to do it again next year. I think we need a bigger hall.:hidin:

outnumbered 02-21-2009 06:47 PM

I second what Larry said and thank you to JohnR, MikeCC, Slipknot, PNG, ThrowingTimber, Swimmer and everyone else that worked as hard as you all did to organize this event especially with the last second change in venue. Again thanks guys it really was a fun way to spend the day.

gldnbear93 02-21-2009 06:50 PM

Yes, a huge to thanks to everyone who ahd a hand in putting on this fantastic day!

angler229 02-21-2009 06:54 PM

A huge thank you to everyone for putting this on. Got to meet a put a lot of faces to names, and swapped a few plugs, all in all can't think of a much better way to spend a day.

BigFish 02-21-2009 06:57 PM

Oh...and hats off to all the Jersey guys who made the trip up! Great seeing you all!:btu:

Backbeach Jake 02-21-2009 07:05 PM

I had a ball! Great to touch bases with you all. Some really really awesome work was shown today. I walk in and fluctuate between being inspired and being ready to give it up. But I'm nuts, so I'll just keep spinning. Thanks to all whose hard work makes this thing work. This has become one of my best days of the year, ThankYou !!

ProfessorM 02-21-2009 07:14 PM

Great to see all usual cast of characters and to meet the new faces. Thanks to all that coordinated the show. Fun was had by all.

transitdynamics 02-21-2009 07:17 PM

Good time!!! glad to meet you guys and finally put names with faces!

ecduzitgood 02-21-2009 07:20 PM

WOW sensory overload what a great time Thanks to all who put this together. Probably the best day I've had since putting the rods away. Awsome pluggage....wow!!

MAC 02-21-2009 07:21 PM

Excellent way to spend the day. Great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Special thanks to JohnR, Slipknot, Numbskull,GooGooMan,Linesider69,Scotty (the invisible one), Gloucester2, BackBeach Jake,Redneck24,Throwing Timber and The Greek.

PNG 02-21-2009 07:22 PM

A great day for sure. My how we have grown from the days of Slips shop.
Its good to be with like minded folks who understand what your trying to do.. I almost feel normal:laugha:

lurch 02-21-2009 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I only stayed for about an hours but my 7 year old son was in awe of all of the plugs. He watched one of the plug demos and I dont think he moved for 5 mins.

He wanted to buy some plug kits so I gave him 20$ and he bought a CCT popper and two salty's kits.

When we got home he was driving me nuts to put the kits together and paint them....i think he is hooked

Thanks s-b as we had a great time and I am glad I drove all the way down!

Here is a pix (bad quality) of my son watching the plug making demo

striperman36 02-21-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNG (Post 667199)
A great day for sure. My how we have grown from the days of Slips shop.
Its good to be with like minded folks who understand what your trying to do.. I almost feel normal:laugha:

It was kinda scary but really cool watching you do that offset plug.

I got it on video.

tattoobob 02-21-2009 07:27 PM

A new slogan for kids

"Get Hooked on Plugs not Drugs"

nightfighter 02-21-2009 07:35 PM

Sounds like a good one. Sorry I missed it. I for one would like to see if we can somehow schedule a little better next year so that we don't have two great events conflicting as we did with Plugfest and PISC Fundraiser today. Winter is too long to have to choose between those two.....

FishNH 02-21-2009 07:54 PM

I had a great time. I'm not a builder but have wanted to try it recently. after seeing some of the awesome work that was there it really as got me to get motivated to actually giving it a try.
Thanks to the guys I got to get a few plugs from.

mikecc 02-21-2009 07:58 PM

Thanks everyone who made this happen. All who setup , took down & cleaned up.
Thanks for everyones support.

I was thinking I made a mistake moving the event to the Lions club till Bigfish, MAC & myself drove down the club road to return the tables we used. The whole first 1/2 is mud. Glad you did not wash your truck MAC :ss::hihi:

Special Thanks to Carver Lions Club for opening their doors to us on such short notice.

striperman36 02-21-2009 07:59 PM

We could have had a beachtruck mud race!!

Thank you for you and your family's effort to make this happen Mike.

PNG 02-21-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurch (Post 667200)
I only stayed for about an hours but my 7 year old son was in awe of all of the plugs. He watched one of the plug demos and I dont think he moved for 5 mins.

He wanted to buy some plug kits so I gave him 20$ and he bought a CCT popper and two salty's kits.

When we got home he was driving me nuts to put the kits together and paint them....i think he is hooked

Thanks s-b as we had a great time and I am glad I drove all the way down!

Here is a pix (bad quality) of my son watching the plug making demo

I'm so sorry I did not see him...

PM me

WoodyCT 02-21-2009 08:19 PM

Top notch all the way

Thanks to all who made Plugfest happen!:claps:

My first, but definitely not my last.

Special thanks to Numbskull for the proto-darter, Flaptail for talking flaps and Gibbs darters, Big Fish for being the sweetest giant ever, John R for running the plug contest, Salty for the goodies, and my CSA mates for easing the winter's stress with me.

Tight lines,

WoodyCT- aka Jon

brianenos80 02-21-2009 08:37 PM

Just want to thank everyone who helped put this on. This was my first one and definately wont be my last. Thank you

BS4Shore 02-21-2009 08:56 PM

Thanks to everyone, had a blast today. I was onlky going to be gone for few hours, ended up staying for 6. Had a great time seeing old friends and fondling plugs with a bunch of new friends. Some of the stuff there just blew my mind, you guys have maddd skillz.
Seeing a few of the guys from Jersey was definitely a bonus.

Just wanted to throw a big Thanks to everyone who gave me a plug today, totally not necassary but definitely appreciated...and a gigantic Thanks to all of you who made this happen.

:happy: :btu:

Tagger 02-21-2009 09:13 PM

Nice save Mike Thomas and all of plugfest crew .. You pulled it together on short notice. Some really scary talented people there . Great to see Jersey boys make the Trek . Great to get rid of Numbys valentine present .. Hope you didn't get pulled over with that thing in your car . Saw alot of fishing buds and Ditch Trolls there .. Everyone way too good to me .. How do you Hush Plugfest ? Have Larry yell "Free Plugs " .. the instant silence was funny as a bastagde .. Good seeing Mac talk plugs again ... Thanks PNG ..I'm might dump my lathe . Yo F-Mob ...

numbskull 02-21-2009 09:28 PM

I was having a good time until some pervert gave me a penis plug!

Striperknight 02-21-2009 09:28 PM

Good to see NJ was represented.:btu::btu::btu::btu:
Sorry I missed it this year. Crisis at work.

gone fishin 02-21-2009 09:42 PM

After reading the thread I am truly jealous that I missed this years plugfest. Please try and schedule these events so the don't conflict next year. I missed:drool: the chow and the company!!:fishin:

Tagger 02-21-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Striperknight (Post 667258)
Good to see NJ was represented.:btu::btu::btu::btu:
Sorry I missed it this year. Crisis at work.

Yous guys that didn't make it were missed .. NIB asked where you were specificly..

BS4Shore 02-21-2009 09:47 PM

The food was awesome also, pulled pork, eggplant parm, buffalo wings, kielbasa and beans, and a giant half sour pickle.

mm mm mmmmm

along with a ton of other delicious looking items that i did not dare mix with the batch I had brewing already...