Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   WTF is going on at the Whitehouse??? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96829)

spence 08-27-2020 07:02 PM

WTF is going on at the Whitehouse???

Seriously who is ok with this?

wdmso 08-27-2020 07:07 PM

How do you say Donald Trump in Spanish Nicolas Maduro

Why would Americans expect the POTUS to lead by example :kewl:

Got Stripers 08-27-2020 07:16 PM

It’s not the people’s house it’s his house, at least until November, it’s reality TV Trump style.

Pete F. 08-27-2020 08:58 PM

Just keep in mind
There were 673 murders in New York in 2000, the last year of Rudy Giuliani's reign.

There were 319 murders in New York last year.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 08-28-2020 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1199625)
Seriously who is ok with this?

squeeze your stress ball and take a deep breath.. it will be ok in the morning...maybe...hey, at least nobody spray painted graffiti and tried to burn the place to the ground...yet

Pete F. 08-28-2020 04:41 AM

My eight word review of his speech: Junior must have used up all the coke.

Pete F. 08-28-2020 04:49 AM

In case you’re confused about what went on at the White House last night, The Hatch Act is not a “norm” or a “tradition” - it’s a federal law that any staffer who worked on this convention has absolutely broken and can be prosecuted for.

Got Stripers 08-28-2020 05:11 AM

No chit, nothing wrong with fireworks for a campaign rally over federal land and on White House grounds, just another example of this guys attempt to reshape what government can do and past laws be damned.

Nebe 08-28-2020 06:19 AM

To put it into perspective, Republicans attempted to rake Al Gore over the coals when he once used a whitehouse phone to make a few fundraising phone calls. And yet somehow they all magically ignore the rules.
I really liked melanoma’s Eva Braun dress. All she was missing was a Luger on her hip

Pete F. 08-28-2020 07:23 AM

18 USC 610 makes it a crime to command or attempt to command (or coerce, intimidate or threaten) any federal employee to participate in political activity, like the RNC event at the WH. That statute applies to POTUS.

Jim in CT 08-28-2020 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1199644)
hey, at least nobody spray painted graffiti and tried to burn the place to the ground...yet

you spoke a bit too soon, the party of free speech, tolerance, and diversity...had a riot in DC last night. Apparently they are angry that republicans exist.

Jim in CT 08-28-2020 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1199650)
To put it into perspective, Republicans attempted to rake Al Gore over the coals when he once used a whitehouse phone to make a few fundraising phone calls. And yet somehow they all magically ignore the rules.
I really liked melanoma’s Eva Braun dress. All she was missing was a Luger on her hip

Any republican who criticized Gore but is OK with Trump, is a hypocrite. Personally, I feel that politics is so ingrained in the day-to-day job, I could care less. If the POTUS is working in the oval office, I don't expect him to leave the building and use his own personal phone every time he talks to campaign staff or a potential donor. That's not the same thing as using the SS trust fund to pay for campaign commercials.

I thought the same exact thing about Melanias dress, looked like something Castro would wear.

spence 08-28-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1199655)
you spoke a bit too soon, the party of free speech, tolerance, and diversity...had a riot in DC last night. Apparently they are angry that republicans exist.

It was bad, I heard there was chanting and dancing.

Pete F. 08-28-2020 10:20 AM

Accusing political opponents of "living in walled off compounds" while delivering a speech on White House grounds at a convention that featured the McCloskeys is an interesting strategy.

Jim in CT 08-28-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1199665)
It was bad, I heard there was chanting and dancing.

and cops getting shoved in order to get to Rand Paul, but that was an innocent omission on your part, not a deliberate misrepresentation of what happened. Right?

spence 08-28-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1199667)
and cops getting shoved in order to get to Rand Paul, but that was an innocent omission on your part, not a deliberate misrepresentation of what happened. Right?

A cop was trying to just keep people at a distance, tripped and bumped into Paul. He walked into a hotel and the protesters walked away. Big whoop. That's no riot.

Jim in CT 08-28-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1199668)
A cop was trying to just keep people at a distance, tripped and bumped into Paul. He walked into a hotel and the protesters walked away. Big whoop. That's no riot.

Paul says the cop was shoved. Please show me the evidence you have, to say he tripped. I'm surprised you didn't say he tripped while reading his skinhead magazine.

No lengths you won't go to. None.

Jim in CT 08-28-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

If it's no big whoop, why do you have to distort what happened?

Pete F. 08-28-2020 10:40 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oprrd6c4tX4

Jim in CT 08-28-2020 11:31 AM

Quote:

video. Certainly not a riot.

Were they peaceful protesters, or a mob? Id say closer to a mob. At the 1:45 mark, look at the huge guy screaming right in a cops face from two inches away. Thats not threatening?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld_TpnRP1OI

Jim in CT 08-28-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1199672)

At the 0:28 second mark of Pete's video, the cop is very clearly shoved. Spence, you go ahead and tell us he tripped. Id like to hear you say that.

TELL US WHO TOLD YOU HE TRIPPED. Where do you get that information? Either you made it up, or you were lied to. Which is it? Because there isn't a third option.

Spence, we would all like to hear you say that the cop tripped, and that this video was doctored by the RNC.

Frigging liars...

spence 08-28-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1199681)
At the 0:28 second mark of Pete's video, the cop is very clearly shoved. Spence, you go ahead and tell us he tripped. Id like to hear you say that.

TELL US WHO TOLD YOU HE TRIPPED. Where do you get that information? Either you made it up, or you were lied to. Which is it? Because there isn't a third option.

Spence, we would all like to hear you say that the cop tripped, and that this video was doctored by the RNC.

Frigging liars...

I didn't say the cop wasn't pushed, I said he tripped when he bumped into Paul which the video clearly shows. The cops are trying to move through a group of protesters, this isn't a riot or anything even close to one.

detbuch 08-28-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Gee, the way you put it, the cops weren't even necessary. They should have just stepped aside.

Jim in CT 08-28-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1199683)
I didn't say the cop wasn't pushed, I said he tripped when he bumped into Paul which the video clearly shows. The cops are trying to move through a group of protesters, this isn't a riot or anything even close to one.

you said he tripped. He did not trip. DO any of you bother to read the nonsense you post?

spence 08-28-2020 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1199685)
Gee, the way you put it, the cops weren't even necessary. They should have just stepped aside.

I would think police would usually be present to move a high profile person through a crowd.

Pete F. 08-28-2020 12:49 PM

The ratings of Trump's acceptance speech from last night are in. Biden beat him like a drum!

Democratic - Biden - 17.5
Republican - Trump - 14.1
Mr. "I get the highest rating" is going to lose his mind! :)

spence 08-28-2020 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1199691)
The ratings of Trump's acceptance speech from last night are in. Biden beat him like a drum!

Democratic - Biden - 17.5
Republican - Trump - 14.1
Mr. "I get the highest rating" is going to lose his mind! :)

Good WaPo article today that Trump pretty much misstated every single Biden position.

detbuch 08-28-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1199688)
I would think police would usually be present to move a high profile person through a crowd.

According to Paul, the crowd wasn't merely there. It gathered around him in a threatening way when they recognized who he was and were yelling threatening things at him. And he and his wife made their way to where the police were in time to get their assistance to make it to the hotel. He saw that the crowd/mob was getting bigger and it would be wise for the police to call for back up, which never came. He actually thought that he and his wife were in danger of being killed or severely beaten.

Of course, not being there, you know better, it was just a crowd. No big deal. Just need a few cops to help get through the peaceful crowd.

wdmso 08-28-2020 01:44 PM

With rand Paul's stunt and it was a deliberate act. I'll do what Republicans do

He should have gone a different way

He should have complied with the police and went out the correct exit

Maybe you dont bring a perm to a knife fight

Do stupid things win stupid prizes

Have I missed any?

Hes all over fox he thought the mob would have killed him if wasn't for those brave police with bikes which he put in a bad spot. Hes a tool

Pete F. 08-28-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1199700)
With rand Paul's stunt and it was a deliberate act. I'll do what Republicans do

He should have gone a different way

He should have complied with the police and went out the correct exit

Maybe you dont bring a perm to a knife fight

Do stupid things win stupid prizes

Have I missed any?

Hes all over fox he thought the mob would have killed him if wasn't for those brave police with bikes which he put in a bad spot. Hes a tool

:agree: