Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   aging eyesight (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95548)

Rmarsh 09-15-2019 06:09 PM

aging eyesight

I was straightening out a stack of firewood in my garage.....taking out some items that didnt belong there.....i picked up what i thought was a coil of black rope....lifted it in the air ...and then realized it was a snake :eek:
My eyesight is getting worse and i have made a couple of stupid but funny little mistakes because of it .....i wear reading glasses when i need to but when i dont i can get into trouble.

Clammer 09-15-2019 06:42 PM

#^&#^&#^&#^& adds up at some time ><>:jump:

Guppy 09-16-2019 06:42 AM

I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes,,, absolutely amazing,,, 15 min. procedure, no blinding bright lights while night driving anymore and can almost spot birds/blow ups as good as hawk eye Wayne ....
I just wish they could fix the rest of me that easy.... :laugha:

Pete F. 09-16-2019 08:39 AM

I could always see well, see grades, lines and critters.
Cataracts started 4 years ago and now the eye doc tells me it's time.
I go beginning of October for first appointment. Goal is to not have to wear glasses except for reading and be able to see a golf ball again.
We'll see. :rolleyes:

Guppy 09-16-2019 01:19 PM

Good luck
If u have new lenses put in you’ll be amazed...
Like going from 240 resolution to 1080...

Rockfish9 09-16-2019 01:40 PM

if that were me, my wife would have found me dead from a heart attack, me no likey snakes... I chase them with he weed wacker screaming like a little child.( providing I see them first).. scared to death of them... I'd rather face down a gut shot Grizzly than a garter snake... did I say I hate snakes..

I'm lucky enough to still have good night vision, but I'm up to a 9" screen on the fish finder, no room on there for 12".. Ill let you guys be the guinea pigs.:biglaugh:... I can read the little ones by day, harder each year to see the big one bye night.

Rmarsh 09-17-2019 05:00 AM

Bad vision or just a senior moment....a few weeks ago, when I wanted a cup of coffee but didn't want to brew a whole pot, I reached into the cabinet for the jar of instant. Put a spoonful and then the boiling water.......first sip and i knew something was off.
picked up the jar for a closer look....... chocolate sprinkles.:fishslap:

Rockfish9 09-17-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rmarsh (Post 1174240)
Bad vision or just a senior moment....a few weeks ago, when I wanted a cup of coffee but didn't want to brew a whole pot, I reached into the cabinet for the jar of instant. Put a spoonful and then the boiling water.......first sip and i knew something was off.

Kurig. Eliminates that problem. .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim 09-17-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

So what's the problem?
You had hot chocolate instead of coffee?

All you say if "I wanted to see if they taste like cocoa...."

Now if it were rainbow sprinkles.....

afterhours 10-05-2019 08:21 AM

Just had an eye exam 20/30 not too bad considering my age. I was hoping to find a cure for my need for readers- no such help available (*&^%$^! Nothing can be done. One of the suckages of getting older....but sure beats being on the other side of the dirt :).

piemma 10-07-2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

You had me laughing out loud!