Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Movies, Classics to Less than Normal (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Avatar (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=60716)

MarshCappa 11-30-2009 10:37 AM

Is this out yet? My 5 year old and I have been seeing the trailors and it looks really good. He's into Sci-fi but I'm not sure about the PG-13 rating. I'll probably see if first myself.

Raven 11-30-2009 11:06 AM

if and when you do JOHN

let me know how you like it....please.........thanks...Rav

The Dad Fisherman 11-30-2009 11:36 AM

I'm dying to see this movie.....comes out December 18th.....I think

Backbeach Jake 11-30-2009 12:20 PM

I watched some trailers online yesterday, looks amazing!

Raven 11-30-2009 01:16 PM

yes

but i think i want to see it...
in the IMAX theatre to truly appreciate the 3d

The Dad Fisherman 11-30-2009 05:28 PM

Oh, I'm definitely going to IMAX to see it

GattaFish 11-30-2009 07:24 PM

I think it will be pretty cool,,,,,

eastendlu 11-30-2009 08:22 PM

Most expensive movie ever made i think its around the 500 million mark so far.I saw the previews and it looks great their was an interview with James Cameron about it and he went into detail about it.

The Dad Fisherman 12-01-2009 06:22 AM

I watched a show on the making of this movie....very cool stuff. The creatures in it, although computer generated are actually actors. They performed with an array of sensors attached to them....including dozens that monitored facial expressions. They showed movie scenes next to the acors as they performed and every little facial movement is registered...very cool stuff.

Raven 12-01-2009 08:50 AM

Facial Recognition Software

facial recognition software and BIO scans
have come a long long way.... and are needed to stop terrorism

but my point is....

ya know that movie with TOM Cruise where they bust people for future events that haven't yet happened....

he's walking thru the MALL and the walls already know who he is
and are making him offers based upon his personal preferences....

that is our future....and within our lifetime,,,,talk about future shock.............
and being spammed to death,,,, this movie easily confirms this
and will be voted movie of the year i'm absolutely sure.

it'll do 500 million the first day.

BigFish 12-01-2009 06:52 PM

Looks pretty bad to me! I predict a box office disaster! I will have to take a big time pass on this one!:doh: Special effects look pretty....lousy!

Raven 12-02-2009 05:14 AM

adults don't have to like it for it to work the numbers BF
during the holiday season....and their ain't no james bond this year.

The Dad Fisherman 12-02-2009 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 727531)
Looks pretty bad to me! I predict a box office disaster! I will have to take a big time pass on this one!:doh: Special effects look pretty....lousy!

You want to wager a plug on that one :hee:

This is going to be a huge opening....and the effects look spectacular if you ask me.

Raven 12-02-2009 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 727626)

This is going to be a huge opening....and the effects look spectacular if you ask me.

it's a combination of new technology and special effects

use to be....they'd glow ball ya to check your back swing on a golf shot... or set up a video game with the technolgy

now they have advanced to facial features and there's one hundred
muscles in the face that create expression....

read the book "body language"...it's pretty cool...

i can tell what people are thinkin with astute observation because once you know the signals.... they give it away.

My OLD friend LU (gone now sadly)
would often say to me :
WILL YOU ! STOP DOING THAT!

because i'd answer his question the moment he thought THEM

and after doing it three times in a row he'd catch up to me
and realize he never asked any of them and THEN get ALL weirded out
and be lookin at me like the cheshire cat hah hA
SAYIN -> YOU BASTARD! :rotf2:

eastendlu 12-02-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

I am with The Dad Fisherman on this.I would also wager a plug on this one Larry.:uhuh:

JohnR 12-02-2009 12:53 PM

Larry - I'm with TDF too :rotf2:

JohnnyD 12-02-2009 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastendlu (Post 727706)
I am with The Dad Fisherman on this.I would also wager a plug on this one Larry.:uhuh:

Agreed. I think it's going to be quite the blockbuster hit.

BigFish 12-02-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

So whats the wager? Define huge?? I see no promotion for this movie going on to speak of.......I think it looks like a big budget, big profit hopeful that spun out of control cost wise and the Studio will be lucky to turn a profit. It just looks like a pile of celluloid crap to me!:yak:

Can you say..."Ishtar"?

GattaFish 12-02-2009 07:01 PM

Sorry Larry,,,,, I am going to have to jump on the TDF bad wagon too,,,, I think it will be great for that category,,,

I think it will make money,,, But Profit ,, who cares as long as it gives me the great escape for 90+ minutes,,,,

The Dad Fisherman 12-02-2009 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 727762)
So whats the wager? Define huge?? I see no promotion for this movie going on to speak of.......I think it looks like a big budget, big profit hopeful that spun out of control cost wise and the Studio will be lucky to turn a profit. It just looks like a pile of celluloid crap to me!:yak:

Can you say..."Ishtar"?

top 10 opening weekends of all time.....

BigFish 12-02-2009 08:17 PM

I checked the top 10 all time opening weekends and considering none of the Harry Potter movies made the top 10.....with all the hype they had......I will take that bet Kevin!!!:kewl: 1 plug is the bet! Hope you have something nice tucked away?!:drool:

The Dad Fisherman 12-02-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 727809)
I checked the top 10 all time opening weekends and considering none of the Harry Potter movies made the top 10.....with all the hype they had......

Yeah...but Shrek 3 did...:yak:

and its a bet.....

GattaFish 12-02-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 727823)
Yeah...but Shrek 3 did...:yak:

and its a bet.....

So if for some reason it costs you a plug I hope you have a Shrek plug to give him,,,,,,,:rotf2::rotf2:

The Dad Fisherman 12-04-2009 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 727809)
I checked the top 10 all time opening weekends and considering none of the Harry Potter movies made the top 10.....with all the hype they had......I will take that bet Kevin!!!:kewl: 1 plug is the bet! Hope you have something nice tucked away?!:drool:

Check out the Competition....:rotflmao:

These are the "Other" movies opening the same weekend as Avatar.

Did You Hear About the Morgans?
Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant are a Manhattan couple who are sent to hide in small-town Wyoming after they witness a murder.

Nine
(Limited) A film director reaches a creative and personal crisis of epic proportions while balancing the numerous women in his life.

The Young Victoria
(Limited) Emily Blunt stars in the story of the early years of Queen Victoria's rule and her legendary romance with Prince Albert.

Its almost like Hollywood is Conceding this weekend

BigFish 12-04-2009 08:10 PM

Sounds like a lame weekend across the board! I like bright colors!:rotf2:

MarshCappa 12-16-2009 10:20 PM

Everybody got their tickets? I just bought 4 for the whole family! Can't wait to see this! Did anyone catch the new commercial for LG phones? It was a projector phone and the guy showed a short clip of the movie! Sick!

PRBuzz 12-17-2009 06:11 AM

Me and a bunch of guys are planning on going. I think this movie is going to be as big as TDF says. I just tried to buy tickets for the weekend at IMAX Natick and all sold out for the weekend.

Comcast OnDemand has a 10-15 min clip about the making of the movie, the new technology will be a driver to get people there. Personally I have no clue what the story line is about.

Nebe 12-17-2009 07:14 AM

Can't wait to see avatar!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Crafty Angler 12-17-2009 09:09 AM

I dunno, I think Dad is right, personally...:uhuh:

My nieces and nephews are coming for a visit this weekend and they want to see Avatar with me since they know I'm a big sci-fi fan - to tell ya the truth I'm really looking forward to it

I did see a special on the making of the movie and I was impressed with what Cameron has done

This flick is gonna have legs - IMNSHO, I think it's gonna be a classic along the lines of the Star Wars series

GattaFish 12-17-2009 09:20 AM

I help out with a high school sports team and all the kids are talking about it.....

I can't wait to see it,,,,:uhuh::uhuh::uhuh: