Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Sports Talk - Title Town (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   AFC Championship game (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=87613)

nightfighter 01-17-2015 06:40 PM

AFC Championship game

Thoughts and musings as we wait for game time.....

I hope Bruce, Joe, and anyone else headed to the game have their wet weather gear and sou'wester ready to go. I'd be wearing my waders if I were going, for sure. Too bad such a big game has to be played in the forecasted conditions.

The NFL has had 1 o'clock games followed by 4 o'clock games for how long?????? And for the championships we go to 3:05 and 6:40??? And the west coast game is on first???? Just stupid. Greedy and stupid.

What's up with Brady's right eye?

Enjoy it folks. We've been here before, but getting here isn't easy. And this could, could be the last time we see this QB/coach duo get to this stage of the tournament. These are the good times.

I'm not a fan of Dez Bryant, but he was robbed. The officials did their job, though... The rule, as written sucks. NFL needs to review their rules.

Ray Lewis is still a thug. I turn the channel when he is on. What he said about Brady was ignorant. So I should not be surprised. Maybe the network that hired him will take note...

The haters are going to hate....

Raider Ronnie 01-17-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1061899)
Thoughts and musings as we wait for game time.....

I hope Bruce, Joe, and anyone else headed to the game have their wet weather gear and sou'wester ready to go. I'd be wearing my waders if I were going, for sure. Too bad such a big game has to be played in the forecasted conditions.

The NFL has had 1 o'clock games followed by 4 o'clock games for how long?????? And for the championships we go to 3:05 and 6:40??? And the west coast game is on first???? Just stupid. Greedy and stupid.

What's up with Brady's right eye?

Enjoy it folks. We've been here before, but getting here isn't easy. And this could, could be the last time we see this QB/coach duo get to this stage of the tournament. These are the good times.

I'm not a fan of Dez Bryant, but he was robbed. The officials did their job, though... The rule, as written sucks. NFL needs to review their rules.

Ray Lewis is still a thug. I turn the channel when he is on. What he said about Brady was ignorant. So I should not be surprised. Maybe the network that hired him will take note...

The haters are going to hate....

That stupid rule that cost the Cowboys that touchdown will be changed if not at this winters meetings next, just like the tuck rule.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spinncognito 01-18-2015 10:09 AM

The nasty weather adds to the excitement of the game!

Raider Ronnie 01-18-2015 10:57 AM

Wouldn't it be ironic if the game came down to Adam Vinatieri field goal in the nasty weather :-)

Slipknot 01-18-2015 02:05 PM

My worst fear Ronnie
Don't say that

Going to be a great game

I'm supposed to meet up with Bob 5/0 for a beer

Go Pats

Raven 01-18-2015 05:41 PM

ALRIGHTY THEN

thanks for opening SLIP :wave:

yeah it doesn't get any better than this...

1 Hour to kick -off

iamskippy 01-18-2015 06:24 PM

Go Colts!

Liv2Fish 01-18-2015 07:46 PM

:yak6::pats:
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 1061952)
Go Colts!

nightfighter 01-18-2015 08:40 PM

Brady out rushing Luck.... who woulda thunk?????

Raven 01-18-2015 09:15 PM

we're goin to the Super bowl :happy:

Jackbass 01-19-2015 08:26 AM

Was that a game? Looked more like the practice squad against the starters

Dick Durand 01-19-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackbass (Post 1061968)
Was that a game? Looked more like the practice squad against the starters

Good to see the Pats dominate, but the game certainly lacked the excitement of the Ravens match. On the other hand Seattle-GreenBay provided some suspense. The Super Bowl should be quite a contest.

Slipknot 01-19-2015 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
On to Seattle

or Arizona
or Seahawks

SUPERBOWL!!!!

my voice is shot
that was one big party last night, the fans were LOUD and lubed up for sure

I saw many in the 4th quarter with shirts off, even women

Guy down in front with a mask and snorkel on, appropriate

I thought Indy would give us more of a game

I made some new friends