Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Beer & Beverage (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   any fans of Cisco brewery? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=70025)

RIJIMMY 03-24-2011 02:16 PM

any fans of Cisco brewery?

Their Moor Porter is one of my favorite beers

JohnnySaxatilis 03-24-2011 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yea. I'm lucky enough to have my parents and my brothers and their friends team up during the summer and rent a cottage in madaket for a few weeks and split the time amongst them.
They often visit the brewery on the island there..... like sometimes twice daily. (Ha) I've only been a few times, maybe 5 over the past few years, but its really cool. Like a wooden barn/bar in the middle of a farm in this little grove of trees. its wicked. And they have the vodka distillery Triple 8 there too. If anyone gets a chance, well worth visiting. The porter is their best brew fa sho.

I was so F'in hungover in that picture from the night before, 4 years ago i believe. hair of the dog trick DID NOT work that time :wall: we were sitting in the square enjoyin some wale tale pale ale i think. much better straight from the source.

spence 03-24-2011 03:21 PM

I'd like to try some of their other brews. I've had the Whale's Tale several times and was never impressed.

-spence

JohnnySaxatilis 03-24-2011 03:41 PM

I remember you sayin that during the summer you had a can right?

Straight from a keg, drunk on the location where it was brewed very recently, makes it far better than in a can thats been sitting on in shelf, no?

spence 03-24-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySaxatilis (Post 846853)
I remember you sayin that during the summer you had a can right?

Straight from a keg, drunk on the location where it was brewed very recently, makes it far better than in a can thats been sitting on in shelf, no?

Good memory.

I've had it in both cans and bottles. I thought the can was terrible and the bottle ok.

Certainly, I'd always prefer to sample a beer under ideal conditions which is usually on draught. That being said, the alum can is an ideal container for beer...perhaps better than the bottle.

I won't write them off on just that though, if I see other offerings I'll try them. Not everything is perfect all of the time.

-spence

RIJIMMY 03-30-2011 08:12 AM

try the moor porter

luds 03-30-2011 08:52 AM

They seem to be pushing the wales tail pail prett heavily. It is available at a lot of bars and resteraunts that don't feature any craft brews which is nice but overall I would agree with spence's review.

I will look for the porter.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

RIJIMMY 03-30-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luds (Post 848093)
They seem to be pushing the wales tail pail prett heavily. It is available at a lot of bars and resteraunts that don't feature any craft brews which is nice but overall I would agree with spence's review.

I will look for the porter.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

dont waste your money on the porter, if you agree with Spence on something its highly unlikely you'll agree with me on anything :uhuh:

Strike_King 03-31-2011 07:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Their barrel aged series is phenomenal. Pricey,but well worth it.

Nebe 03-31-2011 10:13 AM

I had too much tequila and Cisco's hefeweizen last night.. Love that Beer though... not as strong tasting as some others.

fishbones 03-31-2011 10:56 AM

I haven't tried the beer yet, but the 888 Vodka from the distillery is excellent.