Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   PLUGFEST INQUIRES (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=85153)

pbadad 02-23-2014 06:58 AM

PLUGFEST INQUIRES

Is anyone doing any demos? Air brushing, offset turning, wire bending etc.

AYC, anyone have a source that can sell at Plugfest?

Like to see a working full scale plug spinner.

Lathe tool sharpening.

M & D's bringing plug building components?

I figure I put this out there since I seen no itinary on the day. In the past, we've had all of the above.

Slipknot 02-23-2014 09:27 AM

I can bring my spinners

a couple years ago Dan did a lathe chisel sharpening demo

I think Mike will be there with supplies, I have not heard he would not be

as far as AYC, not an easy thing to do, I know I have brought some when people asked and another guy did that too, but getting stuck with an over abundence when people don't come thru and actually get the stuff sucks. There are a few places that sell it, I don't think plugfest needs to be a regular spot to get your ayc unless you communicate with someone specifically ahead of time. I have not heard of anyone bringing any to sell there. I suppose you could ask mikecc.

Demos, I don't know of any specifically yet, generally guys just show what they do when asked if they have stuff, like thru drilling or whatever.

If there are any suggestions to do a demo, or volunteers , it is appreciated thanks

Eric Roach 02-23-2014 11:25 AM

This is an ethics question:

Is it kosher to bring things to sell? I have an airbrush or two, an airbrush compressor, a spray booth, dust collection fittings, etc.

I was thinking of listing the stuff in the Classifieds forum with a stipulation that I prefer the transactions occur in the parking lot of Plug Fest. This would make the most sense, but I'm not sure if anyone would consider this too forward or too much of a precedent(?)

Just wanted to make sure this was kosher first.

Thanks,

Eric

ProfessorM 02-23-2014 12:01 PM

I don't think there would be any problem with that. Just no selling of plugs but other than that I see no problem. I sell cutting tools and inserts and have purchased wood at times so I'd bring them
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Eric Roach 02-23-2014 01:12 PM

Thanks. I'll post what I have to sell in the Classifieds section tomorrow.

Swimmer 02-23-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 1032760)
I don't think there would be any problem with that. Just no selling of plugs but other than that I see no problem. I sell cutting tools and inserts and have purchased wood at times so I'd bring them

Paul, I'll be buying a cutter at the fest.

ProfessorM 02-23-2014 04:50 PM

yes Frank I actually remembered.

pbadad 02-23-2014 08:42 PM

Frank, you want to look at the wirebender?

Eric Roach 02-24-2014 08:08 AM

Paul: Could you please bring a cutter for me as well?

mikecc 02-24-2014 10:10 AM

I'll be doing a few mackerel stencils . Was thinking of bringing the air brush to paint a few.

pbadad 02-24-2014 11:59 AM

Mike, u bringing components?

ProfessorM 02-24-2014 04:54 PM

Yes I. Will bring some cutters.

N.ShoreFisher 02-24-2014 06:29 PM

I can bring mahogany blanks if anyone wants to trade. Was also thinking of bringing some fish billys for trade since I only finished 1 plug

mikecc 02-24-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbadad (Post 1032853)
Mike, u bringing components?

Yes But I am bringing limited amounts of each item. Just hate hulling it all.

N.ShoreFisher 02-27-2014 05:33 PM

Is anyone bringing plug building supplies like last year that we can buy? Like weights, screw eyes, eyes...etc?

Linesider82 02-28-2014 11:59 AM

If anyone has a grommetizer they want to sell, i'll buy it.
First time to Plugfest, can't wait.

pbadad 02-28-2014 01:53 PM

You can make it out of hard wood. Drill a .273hole for the small grommets and a .341 for the large one. A piece of 1"-1.25" hard wood dowel and a hard driver piece. Drill a hole same size as dowel OD then cut hole in half or a little above halfway. Tha's all I use or recess the grommets. Looks better IMO.