Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   who said this? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96777)

Jim in CT 08-10-2020 04:01 PM

who said this?

who said this about Obama?

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice looking guy.”

Meaning, no one before him fit that description. Now, who made this offensive, stereotypical remark?

A. David Duke
B. Archie Bunker
C. Nathan Bedford Forest
D. Robert Byrd
E. Bull Connor
F. George Wallace
G. Joe Biden

hint...the same guy said that “poor children are just as smart as white children.”.

wdmso 08-10-2020 04:40 PM

Jim nice try seeing Obama aka the Brown Clown in conservative circles

Had him as his vice president.. for 8 years

Also you seem not to understand I can't be offended and make a fuss I can Try but I have no merit, if your not offended by a comment or suggestion that's about you as an individual ..

Comments about groups or a class of people are a different issue anyone can be offended .
Here's an example

Trump rhetoric on undocumented immigrants: 'These aren't people. These are animals.'

Jim in CT 08-10-2020 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1198585)
Jim nice try seeing Obama aka the Brown Clown in conservative circles

Had him as his vice president.. for 8 years

Also you seem not to understand I can't be offended and make a fuss I can Try but I have no merit, if your not offended by a comment or suggestion that's about you as an individual ..

Comments about groups or a class of people are a different issue anyone can be offended .
Here's an example

Trump rhetoric on undocumented immigrants: 'These aren't people. These are animals.'

lotta gibberish in there. can you translate to english?

and some lies. the animals reference was aimed at MS-13.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

detbuch 08-10-2020 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1198588)
lotta gibberish in there. can you translate to english?

and some lies. the animals reference was aimed at MS-13.

That reference being about MS-13 has been explained many times here. If he hasn't gotten it by now, probably never will. Probably doesn't want to know the truth because it will hurt his narrative. Look for him to say that it was about undocumented immigrants again. Or maybe he'll claim that MS-13 are undocumented immigrants.

It's like the "very fine people on both sides" quote, or the "I take no responsibility" quote which anti-Trumpers deliberately misuse in order to affirm their narrative, over and over.

Pete F. 08-10-2020 09:02 PM

Don’t worry boys, now Tweety is claiming that the Democrats are interfering in his election by opposing him

detbuch 08-10-2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1198594)
Don’t worry boys, now Tweety is claiming that the Democrats are interfering in his election by opposing him

As you say, this no cause for worry.

wdmso 08-11-2020 04:06 AM

oh i know he has only disparged MS 13..

And i though cherry picking was a seasonal not with you

Jim in CT 08-11-2020 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1198600)
oh i know he has only disparged MS 13..

And i though cherry picking was a seasonal not with you

when did i claim that he “only” disparaged ms-13? hearing voices again?

what i said, and i am irrefutably correct, is that this one comment - his “animals” comment - was aimed
directly at MS-13, not at all immigrants.

why do you have to lie? if the truth doesn’t paint your beliefs in a good light, instead of changing the truth, perhaps change your beliefs. or at least, get you hands on a gibberish —> english translator.