Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Trumps Racist and false ad airs on Sunday Night Football (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94392)

Pete F. 11-05-2018 10:33 AM

Trumps Racist and false ad airs on Sunday Night Football

If you're going to be upset with NBC, here's a good reason. Last night NBC aired Trumps blatently racist, fearmongering ad on Sunday Night Football that claimed a copkiller was let in by Democrats.
As usual, Trump is lying and implying.
But that's ok, he's just being Trump.

The video shows Luis Bracamontes, a Mexican man convicted in February of the 2014 slaying of two California deputies, declaring in court that he wanted to kill more cops, while text overlaid on the screen says, "Democrats let him into our country" and "Democrats let him stay." A review of his case, however, shows multiple interactions with both local and federal officials during Republican and Democratic administrations, as well as noted anti-immigration firebrand Joe Arpaio, former sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona.
The video has been denounced by Democrats and some Republicans as racist for comparing Bracamontes with the caravans of migrants heading toward the US from Central America. But beyond the attempt to taint a group of people with the horrific actions of one, the details of Bracamontes' story also show it's simply false to blame Democrats for his entrance into the US.
Bracamontes had been arrested, been deported and re-entered the country multiple times before the 2014 killings, under both Republican and Democratic administrations. An Immigrations and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman told our reporter in 2014 following his arrest that Bracamontes was arrested and deported twice, first in 1997 and then 2001, under the Bill Clinton and George W. Bush administrations.
The last time he was known to have entered the US from Mexico was during the Bush administration, according to records obtained by the Sacramento Bee, which covered the killing of the two deputies, who were based in the area.
Bracamontes was arrested multiple times in Maricopa County and jailed by Arpaio, who was pardoned by Trump last year after he was convicted of criminal contempt.
Bracamontes was arrested in Maricopa County on drug charges in 1996, according to county court records, and was deported by ICE in 1997, the agency said. "He was booked into the jails I run for drug-related convictions," Arpaio said in 2014, according to the Arizona Republic. "He was evidently turned over to ICE and had been deported on two occasions."
Bracamontes quickly returned to the US, and was arrested again by Arpaio in 1998, then released "for reasons unknown," the Bee reported.
Bracamontes was arrested yet again in 2001 on drug charges in Maricopa County, and was deported three days later. It's not clear when exactly he re-entered the country, but marriage records show he was back in the US by 2002. He was married in Maricopa County on Feb. 28, 2002, according to the Bee.
In a 2014 interview with National Public Radio, Arpaio expressed regret that Bracamontes had "slipped through the cracks."
"I don't know how many times he was arrested and slipped through the cracks. It's my gut feeling it wasn't just two times he's been deported," Arpaio said.

spence 11-05-2018 10:53 AM

I'm surprised NBC aired it to be honest.

I've seen a lot of political dishonesty in my life what's coming out of the GOP is getting absurd. John might get sick of the wereallgonna die'ism but listening to Trump you'd think armageddon is right around the corner.

PaulS 11-05-2018 10:55 AM

Tweet tweet (that is the sound of a whistle).

scottw 11-05-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1154788)
Tweet tweet (that is the sound of a whistle).

I knew you'd jump right in on this thread :bl:

PaulS 11-05-2018 12:22 PM

I call em like I see um.

wdmso 11-06-2018 04:19 AM

Facebook, NBC and even the president's favourite network, Fox News, announced they would stop broadcasting a 30-second ad paid for by his campaign.

Cool Beans 11-06-2018 08:35 AM

I really hate how everything is RACIST now... If Hitler was black, today it would now be racist to talk bad about him.... Sometimes people are evil and it has absolutely nothing to do with race. Does this ad say any race, as a whole, is the problem or is it referring to specific individuals? Referring to individuals as evil or bad, based on their individual actions is not racist.

Nebe 11-06-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool Beans (Post 1154840)
I really hate how everything is RACIST now... If Hitler was black, today it would now be racist to talk bad about him.... Sometimes people are evil and it has absolutely nothing to do with race. Does this ad say any race, as a whole, is the problem or is it referring to specific individuals? Referring to individuals as evil or bad, based on their individual actions is not racist.

Trump is just evil, immoral and corrupt. How’s that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Sea Dangles 11-06-2018 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1154841)

How does that differ him from the candidate you voted for?

scottw 11-06-2018 09:05 AM

Quote:

but these are assets for democrat politicians :rotf2:

JohnR 11-06-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

He is, but he is not alone.

Everyone can call everyone racist.
Everyone can call everyone evil.
Everyone can call everyone corrupt.

Have we crossed the Rubicon of decency? Where we can no longer go back? Before Wayne freaks out in his usual one side fits all :rotflmao: , BOTH sides need a restoration of decency, and frankly we need to move back to and hold firm in the Center, the overlap of moderate right and moderate left.

Sea Dangles 11-06-2018 11:26 AM

When all you do is repeat the party line you have lost the ability to have an independent thought. Vote the candidate.

Got Stripers 11-06-2018 03:00 PM

Voted early, some are democrats and some republican, as an independent I vote based on a persons record and message.

Nebe 11-06-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1154844)
He is, but he is not alone.

Everyone can call everyone racist.
Everyone can call everyone evil.
Everyone can call everyone corrupt.

Have we crossed the Rubicon of decency? Where we can no longer go back? Before Wayne freaks out in his usual one side fits all :rotflmao: , BOTH sides need a restoration of decency, and frankly we need to move back to and hold firm in the Center, the overlap of moderate right and moderate left.

BUTTERYMALES!!! Benghaaazziiii!!!!!!!’n