Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Classifieds (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Thinning the forest---rods (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=73941)

Mike P 10-20-2011 10:15 AM

Thinning the forest---rods

Let's face it, I'll probably never fish these rods again, so instead of having them take up space in my shed/basement, I'll offer them for sale. All are available for local pick-up only. They can be given a test run by meeting up with me at the Canal.

1). Lami SB 121 3M conventional. Custom built by Red Top with 5 Hardaloy guides (all guides are Fuji on all rods listed) and HD tip. No reel seat--plain cork tape handle (I can supply a Squidder with a clamp for test casting). It's an older rod, but in good shape with just normal wear. You will turn any bass alive with this rod. Honey yellow blank, red/black wraps with gold metallic trim. Asking $150.

2). Lami XRA 126 1MH conventional. This was a "pre-built" custom by CMS--ie, built by them and bought "off the rack" as-is. I believe that it has 7 Hardaloy guides. Trigger reel seat ~ 25" from the butt. Bronze/maroon wraps, with a CMS diamond butt wrap. Used heavily for one season, but I went 99% spinning and it hasn't been used for several years now. Blank in very good shape. Asking $225.

3). All Star 1209 conventional. Another pre-built CMS custom. It was sold to me by Charlie as a genuine All Star, not a Rainshadow, and I am representing it as an All Star based on that. The tip guide is loose, but I can re-glue it for test casting. Trigger seat ~ 25" up, possibly longer. Beige wraps, in typical CMS patterns w/diamond butt wrap. You can cast an engine block with this, and drag 20 pounders across the water bringing them in. I used this rod exclusively for 9" swim shads weighing 7 oz.+ so it is very lightly fished. Also asking $225.

4) All Star 1266/2 spinning. This was custom built by Mike at M&Ds, with old-school COF guides and spacing. It has 5 Hardaloy guides, starting with a 50 mm gathering guide placed on the butt section of the rod---it's a two piece. Not sure on the reel seat distance from the butt, but probably around 22-23". Red/black wraps with a diamond butt wrap, and a striper decal above the diamond wrap. Really a sharp looking rod, and very lightly fished. I used it almost exclusively to cast 3-4 oz metal. I don't know what AS rated this rod for, but it smokes 3 oz, and throws 4 very well. Asking $200.

Please feel free to post questions. Also, I have other rods that I may want to thin out, so if you have a specific application in mind, feel free to ask.

BigBo 10-20-2011 10:35 AM

Mike, the AS 1266 was rated 2-4oz as shown here on my old AS blank chart.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...tarblanks1.jpg

trevier 10-20-2011 10:38 AM

mike, how old is the 126-1mh, and do you have any other conventionals laying around that would be similar to a xra1322, looking for one for my dad, thanks matt

Mike P 10-20-2011 10:46 AM

I'm pretty sure that I bought the 126 the year that I moved back to the Cape, in 2006. I don't think that I have any graphite conventional in 11' any more, though. I'll look in the shed later. I do have a full length S-glass SSB 136 3M blank in my sister's rafters, but it's a "second". I'd hate to see someone pay to build it, and then find out that it was a "second" for a reason.

Slipknot 10-20-2011 01:04 PM

That 1266 all star is a great rod
I have one and it casts really well, also I stopped a 500 lb. seal with it and 25 lbs. drag on my Saltiga once, I thought the rod was going to snap, but it held.

good luck with the sale Mike, those are all good sticks

tysdad115 10-20-2011 01:24 PM

You like the Century that much? Nice rods you have here.

Stewie 10-20-2011 03:30 PM

Mike, How does that Allstar work pencils. I might be interested in that one. Eventually, I'm going to need a spinning rod.:rotf2:

1dozenraw 10-20-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 894722)
Mike, How does that Allstar work pencils. I might be interested in that one. Eventually, I'm going to need a spinning rod.:rotf2:

For who?

Mike P 10-20-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 894722)

It does OK with them in the Canal, but I have no idea how it would work from the beach. We could probably work a deal that involves a certain red wheeled device as part of it. ;)

Mike P 10-20-2011 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysdad115 (Post 894699)
You like the Century that much? Nice rods you have here.

I have about 30 rods. These are ones that I know I won't use again, in all likelihood.

OLD GOAT 10-21-2011 09:01 AM

Well I guess Mike P. and myself must have spilt the same fishingrod seeds in the cellar because I noticed a good crop down there myself.

O.D. Mike 10-21-2011 02:17 PM

Mike, what's the length on the 1266?

Thank you from all my friends busting my nuts via texting and voicemails!!! Sending a pm Mike

Mike P 10-21-2011 08:28 PM

10'6". ;)

It's a 2 piece, 50/50 split.

Stewie 10-22-2011 08:02 AM

If it's not gone, I'd like to try the AllStar, when are you going to be around?

Mike P 10-22-2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 895180)
If it's not gone, I'd like to try the AllStar, when are you going to be around?

Most of the weekend. OD Mike agreed to give you first crack at it. I know that you have other things going on right now to deal with, so just give me a yell when you're going to be down this way.