Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   paid day off (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=85526)

ThrowingTimber 04-01-2014 03:56 PM

paid day off

Legit just had a guy ask for a paid day off to hit the range...

...:smash:

I did email him outside of that conversation and said. Range day? Around here we call that Sunday. :kewl:

Raider Ronnie 04-01-2014 04:44 PM

Let me guess.
His last job was for some city or state agency !

Guppy 04-01-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1037615)
Let me guess.
His last job was for some city or stage agency !

Nooooo,, he'd never have left
( not all )

tysdad115 04-01-2014 06:08 PM

Paid range days? I'm in if you'll pay for rounds too!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

FishermanTim 04-02-2014 09:57 AM

Tell him you'll trade that for an unpaid weekend day, you know to balance things out!

Besides the "entitlement" mentality of city/state leeches, maybe he comes from a wealthy family and thinks that every day should be a paid day off?:smash::smash::smash:

The Dad Fisherman 04-02-2014 02:18 PM

Does he have vacation time to use? or was he just asking to cover him while he hit the range....

Big Difference......didn't think there were certain reasons that you were or weren't allowed to take your own vacation days off for.

But if he is just looking for you to cover him....thats a serious WTF.

FishermanTim 04-02-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowingTimber (Post 1037612)
Legit just had a guy ask for a paid day off to hit the range...

...:smash:

I did email him outside of that conversation and said. Range day? Around here we call that Sunday. :kewl:

The way it's posted here, he's asking to take a vacation day.
If he means something else he needs to explain it in WRITING so you can document it for your records.
(You know how some people conveniently forget all the "free" vacation days they take when you call them on it?)

ThrowingTimber 04-02-2014 03:01 PM

its not my call either way, it appears he cc'd our entire division... On his request. We're having a field day with it.

The Dad Fisherman 04-02-2014 03:01 PM

so if its a vacation day....whats the big deal?

ThrowingTimber 04-02-2014 03:07 PM

We're allowed paid days for training: like in the type of stuff we do, nerd stuff.

He's pushing the definition of "training"

The Dad Fisherman 04-02-2014 03:14 PM

So this isn't vacation...this is him angling for a mental health day at the company's expense.....you may now carry on with the WTF moment :hihi:

GregW 04-02-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1037721)
The way it's posted here, he's asking to take a vacation day.
If he means something else he needs to explain it in WRITING so you can document it for your records.
(You know how some people conveniently forget all the "free" vacation days they take when you call them on it?)

It is kind of a two way street. Most salaried employees also don't get additional time off, even when they work 60+ hour weeks, and work weekends.

ThrowingTimber 04-02-2014 04:00 PM

He was just using the word "training" very freely, pushing to see how far he could go...

We get paid days off for job related "training." I'd be "training" like a mf'er from may to november if this guy got approved.

nightfighter 04-02-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysdad115 (Post 1037621)
Paid range days? I'm in if you'll pay for rounds too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowingTimber (Post 1037739)
He was just using the word "training" very freely, pushing to see how far he could go...

We get paid days off for job related "training." I'd be "training" like a mf'er from may to november if this guy got approved.

I used to have a job that had that as a requirement.... Haven't been to the range in a while. Actually have a couple I haven't even shot with yet...:smash: I need another safe too, if anyone has suggestions or deals to be had....

Swimmer 04-02-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrowingTimber (Post 1037739)

We get paid days off for job related "training." I'd be "training" like a mf'er from may to november if this guy got vtapproved.

I think this guy thought he was closer to you than what he actually is. What if he asked to make an ayc run to Uxbridge, how would that request been received?