Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Potus says the stock market is just taking a little pause. (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94364)

Got Stripers 10-30-2018 01:47 PM

Potus says the stock market is just taking a little pause.

Over a years worth of gains wiped out and he calls that a little pause, what I lost in a year would pay my bills for two years, little pause my arse.

Sea Dangles 10-30-2018 03:55 PM

Trumps fault,let him hear it. He had nothing to do with the gains and the losses are his doing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 10-30-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1154300)
Over a years worth of gains wiped out and he calls that a little pause, what I lost in a year would pay my bills for two years, little pause my arse.

you sound greedy...

RIROCKHOUND 10-30-2018 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1154322)
Trumps fault,let him hear it. He had nothing to do with the gains and the losses are his doing.

Not his fault. But he can't trumpet the gains as his policies and not expect to hear about it when it goes down.....

scottw 10-30-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1154328)
Not his fault. But he can't trumpet the gains as his policies and not expect to hear about it when it goes down.....

did he trumpet he doesn't expect to hear about it when it goes down?

Got Stripers 10-30-2018 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1154328)

Exactly, he has been taking full credit for the stock market since elected, now after its lost over a year of gains, it’s just a pause. Not only that, he warns that the only way to get it rolling again is to vote republican. He is so full if it.

scottw 10-30-2018 04:58 PM

did you see what he did there? "trump"et...pretty clever that guy :laugha:

Jim in CT 10-30-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1154322)

EXACTLY. The gains were Obamas, the losses are Trumps.

Jim in CT 10-30-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1154330)
Exactly, he has been taking full credit for the stock market since elected, now after its lost over a year of gains, it’s just a pause. Not only that, he warns that the only way to get it rolling again is to vote republican. He is so full if it.

You evaluate him, based on how the market did from the day h got sworn in, until the present. Not just the last 2 weeks.

It's a blip GS, nothing more. Our fundamentals are very solid, this wasn't a reaction to a housing bubble or a tech bubble. For people who put money in regularly like every paycheck, the dips are a good thing, a very good thing.

Got Stripers 10-30-2018 08:42 PM

Clearly you didn’t get my point, Trumps takes FULL credit for the market, which is BS and you know it. That’s why I say he is full of it, he takes full credit and minimizes loosing a full years gains. He is in control of the market just as much as you and I are, but certainly you calling it a blip is expected.

Nebe 10-30-2018 09:22 PM

His tarrif war sure hasn’t helped stock prices. All the tariffs are really doing is funding his tax cut for the 1%

Jim in CT 10-30-2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1154337)
Clearly you didn’t get my point, Trumps takes FULL credit for the market, which is BS and you know it. That’s why I say he is full of it, he takes full credit and minimizes loosing a full years gains. He is in control of the market just as much as you and I are, but certainly you calling it a blip is expected.

That is a valid point, he will say tht ups are because of him, but the dips are not his doing. You are correct.

scottw 10-31-2018 02:38 AM

Obama is still taking credit and he's not even president any more...and I know he won't take any of the blame

Jim in CT 10-31-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1154338)
His tarrif war sure hasn’t helped stock prices. Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The tariff war has not, at least as yet, helped stock prices. But the market is up nicely since he became POTUS, that is fact.

Jim in CT 10-31-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1154345)
Obama is still taking credit and he's not even president any more...and I know he won't take any of the blame

It was Obama's economy until 2 weeks ago. Because shut up, that's why.

PRBuzz 11-01-2018 06:45 AM

Just wait 3-4 months, all markets will be at all time highs again ;)

The Dad Fisherman 11-01-2018 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This thread started on Tuesday, as of today, over 1000 pts recovered.

Jim in CT 11-01-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1154467)
This thread started on Tuesday, as of today, over 1000 pts recovered.

Yeah but that 1,000 point recovery is because of Obama.

Pete F. 11-01-2018 01:11 PM

For the last time: Trump inherited a good economy, and he hasn’t made it better
:splat::lasso:

:hidin:

Jim in CT 11-01-2018 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1154473)
For the last time: Trump inherited a good economy, and he hasn’t made it better
:splat::lasso:

:hidin:

so when obama said we all needed to get used to gdp growth of 2.5% or so, and trump has trounced that, how do you explain? wait, i know!!! obama was too humble to brag about the economic genius he is, so he didn’t want to brag that thanks to him, gdp growth would exceed 3.5% after he was gone.

Trumpninherited a good economy. By almost any conceivable measure, he had made it better. only serious partisan zombies are still denying this. it ain’t perfect. but it’s better than it was.

PaulS 11-01-2018 02:02 PM

Trump primed the economy w/the tax cuts which seem to be starting to drown us in debt. Plus 1/2 % from last quarter was 1 time soy bean purchases bc of the tariffs.

RIROCKHOUND 11-01-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1154476)
Trump primed the economy w/the tax cuts which seem to be starting to drown us in debt. Plus 1/2 % from last quarter was 1 time soy bean purchases bc of the tariffs.

Stop that, you partisan zombie you.... :lama:

Jim in CT 11-01-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1154476)

ah, the drowning in debt didn’t start until january 2017. not much debt was accumulated from 2008 - 2016?

how about unemployment, specifically black employment?

can’t give trump credit for anything.

Pete F. 11-01-2018 02:59 PM

The Trump administration is bragging about the growth in the U.S. economy but things are not looking as good for the Black community: our unemployment is on the rise.

The U.S. economy grew at a rate of 4.1 percent in the second quarter and was “up from 2.2 percent in the first three months of the year,” The New York Times reported. It was the strongest quarter of growth since 2014. In addition, consumer spending increased 4 percent but private investment decreased slightly as “the housing market cooled.”

The economic growth, however, should not be expected to be long-lasting, The New York Times also reported.

“The second-quarter acceleration was widely anticipated by economists, a result of a confluence of events unlikely to recur,” the report read.

One event is mounting trade tensions that “led foreign buyers to stock up on American products before their governments imposed tariffs.” Also, a rise in government spending was linked to a budget deal that Congress passed this year.

“Federal spending rose at a 3.5 percent rate in the second quarter,” the report said. “The effects of the spending deal won’t be quite as short-lived as the trade bump, but they are likewise temporary; economists think the impact on growth will peak late this year.”

While the economy is doing better for now but this isn’t the same for the Black community. As we all know, the Black unemployment has been at an all-time low due to policies that have rolled over from the Obama administration, however, that number is slowing ticking up.

“The national unemployment rate for African Americans inched up in June to 6.5%, after hitting an all-time low of 5.9% in May,” Forbes reported.”Many African American households are worse off than they were 30 years ago.”

The Black unemployment rate is almost double the 3.5 percent unemployment rate for whites and 4.6 percent for Hispanics. About eight percent of African-American homeowners lost their properties to foreclosure from 2007 to 2009, according to estimates from the Center for Responsible Lending. Also, only 43 percent of Black people owned homes in 2017, according to an annual report from the Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University.”

Nonetheless, the facts will probably not stop Trump from spitting out myths of how he has helped the Black community.

NewsOne staff

PaulS 11-01-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1154485)
ah, the drowning in debt didn’t start until january 2017. not much debt was accumulated from 2008 - 2016?

how about unemployment, specifically black employment?

I was responding to your post praising Trump. We're talking to different time periods. One when we were recovering from the worst economic time since the Great Depression and the second when times are great. Black unemployment has been going down for many years. Good to see it's continuing to go down.

scottw 11-02-2018 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT

can’t give trump credit for anything.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1154494)
I was responding to your post praising Trump. We're talking to different time periods. One when we were recovering from the worst economic time since the Great Depression and the second when times are great.. Black unemployment has been going down for many years. Good to see it's continuing to go down.

I guess that's a no...

PaulS 11-02-2018 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1154494)
Good to see it's continuing to go down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1154514)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT

can’t give trump credit for anything.?

I guess that's a no...

Your snarkiness has started to hurt your reading comprehension.

Jim in CT 11-02-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1154533)
Your snarkiness has started to hurt your reading comprehension.

I believe you have been fair with giving Trump some credit here, which is rare for your side. It is great, of course, that it's coming down.

PaulS 11-02-2018 08:55 AM

I actually don't think any Pres. deserves as much credit/scorn for the economy. I usually say they own it after 1 year though.

wdmso 11-02-2018 03:59 PM

Trump overshadows anything a normal POTUS would get credit for ,, Because he can't keep his mouth shut he makes grandiose proposals based solely because of the midterms .. its obvious to everyone except his supporters