Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Save the Date - Surf Day 2022! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=97770)

jc10 11-13-2021 06:02 AM

Save the Date - Surf Day 2022!

1 Attachment(s)
Surf Day 2022(Used and New Fishing Gear Sale)

The Narragansett Surfcasters will hold its annual Surf Day on Saturday, January 15, 2022 from 9:00am - 1:00pm at the Narragansett Community Center, 53 Mumford Road, Narragansett. Due to the tremendous interest already for this event, we'll be expanding our offerings of great used and new fishing equipment to at least thirty-five vendors on two floors. In addition, as always, Marty Wencek will have one of his award-winning antique plug collections on display, and we'll have our homemade chowder and clam cakes and much more delicious food. The $5 contribution at the door helps to support the club's activities such as Kid's Fishing Day, Disabled Veterans Fishing Outing and Holiday Gift Cards to needy families. Great way to kick off the winter season!

Guppy 11-13-2021 07:16 AM

It’s a good one… thanks

Got Stripers 11-13-2021 04:44 PM

Any tables left and cost pm if any left

Got Stripers 11-14-2021 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc10 (Post 1217724)

The Narragansett Surfcasters will hold its annual Surf Day on Saturday, January 15, 2022 from 9:00am - 1:00pm at the Narragansett Community Center, 53 Mumford Road, Narragansett. Due to the tremendous interest already for this event, we'll be expanding our offerings of great used and new fishing equipment to at least thirty-five vendors on two floors. In addition, as always, Marty Wencek will have one of his award-winning antique plug collections on display, and we'll have our homemade chowder and clam cakes and much more delicious food. The $5 contribution at the door helps to support the club's activities such as Kid's Fishing Day, Disabled Veterans Fishing Outing and Holiday Gift Cards to needy families. Great way to kick off the winter season!

Got your pm and responded, love to grab a table if one becomes available, lots of Ledge Runner Baits in left over inventory.

Got Stripers 11-29-2021 08:42 AM

Looks like I have a table, will be bringing a ton of left over inventory, along with a lot of freshwater tackle I just don't use any longer. Hope to see some of my old SB buddies that day.

Guppy 11-29-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1218487)
Looks like I have a table, will be bringing a ton of left over inventory, along with a lot of freshwater tackle I just don't use any longer. Hope to see some of my old SB buddies that day.

Haven’t mist a one,,, c u there ….

Clammer 11-29-2021 07:08 PM

hey Bob .we could do Hooters after :ss:

Got Stripers 11-29-2021 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clammer (Post 1218525)

Be fun to get a bunch together for wings and breasts.

Clammer 11-29-2021 10:30 PM

went last week . the food was really good ><><

Guppy 11-30-2021 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clammer (Post 1218525)

Interested…. :gu:

Got Stripers 12-16-2021 02:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my table, half is Ledge Runner Baits, everything from 3" jerk baits to 13" mega jerks, tons of the good colors especially in the 7" split tails, 9 & 13" jerk baits. The other half is left over freshwater bass tackle from my old tournament days, one box full of basically new plugs and the other boxes full of plastic (none of which I poured at the time). My hope is to sell the freshwater plastic boxes full, make me an offer on the entire box. Couple old reels and misc. stuff.

Got Stripers 12-22-2021 09:03 AM

Well count me out, in order to keep peace at home (wife is wigging out about me going) I'm bagging out. Still have tons of plastic I'm selling at 2008 pricing if anyone needs a restock. Covid go the FFFFFF away.

piemma 12-22-2021 03:10 PM

I'm going this year. Like I need anything! But I haven't been in years.

Linesider82 12-22-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1219321)
Here is my table, half is Ledge Runner Baits, everything from 3" jerk baits to 13" mega jerks, tons of the good colors especially in the 7" split tails, 9 & 13" jerk baits. The other half is left over freshwater bass tackle from my old tournament days, one box full of basically new plugs and the other boxes full of plastic (none of which I poured at the time). My hope is to sell the freshwater plastic boxes full, make me an offer on the entire box. Couple old reels and misc. stuff.

Do you have any Berkeley friendzy crank baits in your collection?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Clammer 12-22-2021 03:44 PM

B/S are you kidding me .your backing out cuz your wife ??

WTF arn,y you old enough to go :wid:

Got Stripers 12-22-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clammer (Post 1219570)
B/S are you kidding me .your backing out cuz your wife ??

WTF arn,y you old enough to go :wid:

More complicated than just that, but I don’t need the aggravation to make a couple hundred dollars. The other show I’d hoped to get a table at in Westport has already canceled.

Got Stripers 12-22-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linesider82 (Post 1219569)
Do you have any Berkeley friendzy crank baits in your collection?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Can’t say for sure, I may start putting small lots of the crank baits and top water plugs up, I started today and put up all those freshwater plastic boxes up on Facebook marketplace.

Guppy 12-22-2021 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1219554)
Well count me out, in order to keep peace at home (wife is wigging out about me going) I'm bagging out. Still have tons of plastic I'm selling at 2008 pricing if anyone needs a restock. Covid go the FFFFFF away.

You know she’s probably right,,, I wouldn’t tell her that though… LOL
Had planned on contacting you about putting a couple items on your table,,, consignment?

Got Stripers 12-30-2021 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1219580)
You know she’s probably right,,, I wouldn’t tell her that though… LOL
Had planned on contacting you about putting a couple items on your table,,, consignment?

Hopefully next year things will get back to normal Ray, like to do this one and the Westport Tried and True; which was cancelled for the 2nd year.

jc10 01-01-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc10 (Post 1217724)

We have been asked to update Surf Day and we are happy to let everyone know that the show is on. We have two floors of vendor tables SOLD OUT with a great mix of new and high-quality used fishing gear...and, maybe a few surprises.
In an attempt to maintain a safe and healthy environment, we will be implementing the following controls:
1. Masks will be required indoors.
2. No food will be allowed or served indoors.
3. The number of persons allowed indoors at the same time will be
carefully monitored.
Due to the number of inquiries we are receiving, it appears that interest for the show remains high. We hope to see you there...Saturday, January 15th, Narragansett Community Center.

piemma 01-02-2022 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc10 (Post 1219948)
We have been asked to update Surf Day and we are happy to let everyone know that the show is on. We have two floors of vendor tables SOLD OUT with a great mix of new and high-quality used fishing gear...and, maybe a few surprises.
In an attempt to maintain a safe and healthy environment, we will be implementing the following controls:
1. Masks will be required indoors.
2. No food will be allowed or served indoors.
3. The number of persons allowed indoors at the same time will be
carefully monitored.
Due to the number of inquiries we are receiving, it appears that interest for the show remains high. We hope to see you there...Saturday, January 15th, Narragansett Community Center.

Alright!!! Really looking forward to this. I was one of the first members of the Narragansett Surfcasters. Great bunch of guys back in maybe 2003 or 04. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and some new ones also!

jc10 01-02-2022 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 1219952)
Alright!!! Really looking forward to this. I was one of the first members of the Narragansett Surfcasters. Great bunch of guys back in maybe 2003 or 04. Looking forward to seeing some old friends and some new ones also!

That's great! I'm sure many of your friends will be there and happy to see you also. Renewing old friendships is one of the things that makes shows like this one so much fun.

Clammer 01-12-2022 02:38 PM

I really was hoping to go .see people & talk to people

But this virus is too much . I went to one wake last week , & know of at least two others that are real sick along with 3 families that it went right thru .

I,m skipping ><:cens:

Guppy 01-12-2022 05:30 PM

Geees, I forgot all about it… not sure about a two hr drive two days in a row… maybe out west ice fish on Sunday,,,, Oh, only if I were younger! LOL