Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Trump the great (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93792)

wdmso 06-04-2018 05:59 AM

Trump the great

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44348991.

This is the issue I have with the fan boys and Trumps base. They would have no issues if he did pardon himself . seems Moderate independents and dems see this as a problem . But the republicans just look at the ground afraid to do their job.. it’s funny to see people sell their soul for a few extra bucks in their pay check . While the Fox is f$&&king up the hen house

scottw 06-04-2018 06:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1143858)

This is the issue I have with the fan boys and Trumps base. They would have no issues if he did pardon himself . seems Moderate independents and dems see this as a problem . But the republicans just look at the ground afraid to do their job.. it’s funny to see people sell their soul for a few extra bucks in their pay check . While the Fox is f$&&king up the hen house

do you live in England?

Pete F. 06-04-2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1143859)
do you live in England?

Day drinking again?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

scottw 06-04-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1143863)
Day drinking again?

no....he's constantly referencing the BBC....just wondering...should probably check to see if that's on Spence's list of approved sources

The Dad Fisherman 06-04-2018 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1143864)
no....he's constantly referencing the BBC....just wondering...should probably check to see if that's on Spence's list of approved sources

Well, He did bounce it against Al-Jazeera to verify its consistency.

Jim in CT 06-04-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1143858)

So unemployment being at a 50 year low, you dismiss as "a few extra bucks in their pay check "? Apple paying $38 billion in taxes on repatriated money, and adding 20,000 new jobs Do you know where your salary, and all public employee salaries, come from? Other people's paychecks. The more people who are working, the better off you are.

How is Trump destroying the henhouse, exactly? Who is worse off today than they were 2 years ago, and how, exactly?

He's a jerk who needs to be watched, no question. He's not destroying the Republic.

wdmso 06-04-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1143868)
So unemployment being at a 50 year low, you dismiss as "a few extra bucks in their pay check "? Apple paying $38 billion in taxes on repatriated money, and adding 20,000 new jobs Do you know where your salary, and all public employee salaries, come from? Other people's paychecks. The more people who are working, the better off you are.

How is Trump destroying the henhouse, exactly? Who is worse off today than they were 2 years ago, and how, exactly?

He's a jerk who needs to be watched, no question. He's not destroying the Republic.

Trump: I have 'absolute right' to pardon myself

keep your head in the sand

detbuch 06-04-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1143872)

I believe he said that according to legal experts he has the absolute right to do so. He also said why would he since he has not done anything wrong. And the idea of self pardon is being discussed in the media. He puts in his two cents, or two billion, whatever.

If the Constitution gives the President the power, how is that destroying the Republic? If the Congress can impeach him, how is that destroying the Republic?

JohnR 06-04-2018 09:05 AM

All depends on who's OX being gored.

The same discussions come out about Pardons and Impeachments and have since Andrew Johnson. Nothing new.

Jim in CT 06-04-2018 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1143872)

What has the investigation, this far, turned up against him? Not a whole lot.

If he does in fact pardon himself, let's talk. All he did, is say that he has the authority to do so.

My head isn't in the sand, yours is underneath a tin foil hat. If he is charged with anything, and then pardons himself, then we can talk. Until then, you are sounding the alarm about something he hasn't come close to doing yet.

DZ 06-04-2018 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
;)

spence 06-04-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1143876)
What has the investigation, this far, turned up against him? Not a whole lot.

Um, that's because the investigators haven't issued any findings there Jim.

But even with what we know outside of the investigation we do know the campaign was certainly trying to collude with Russia and it's increasingly looking like they covered it up. How successful, how widespread and what Trump's role was has yet to become clear.

Jim in CT 06-04-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1143897)
Um, that's because the investigators haven't issued any findings there Jim.

But even with what we know outside of the investigation we do know the campaign was certainly trying to collude with Russia and it's increasingly looking like they covered it up. How successful, how widespread and what Trump's role was has yet to become clear.

"that's because the investigators haven't issued any findings there Jim."

Ah. And is that what you were saying when Hilary had been investigated for months? Or were you calling it a witch hunt? Hmmm?

"How successful, how widespread and what Trump's role was has yet to become clear"

Agreed. So how about we let it play out?

Jim in CT 06-04-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1143875)
All depends on who's OX being gored.

That's all that matters. 80% of people change their reaction 180 degrees, depending on whose ox is getting gored.

spence 06-04-2018 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1143899)
Ah. And is that what you were saying when Hilary had been investigated for months? Or were you calling it a witch hunt? Hmmm?

The House investigation was a bit of a witch hunt but the FBI investigation seemed legit. My issues were primarily with the disinformation being generated in an attempt to discredit the future president.

Quote:

Agreed. So how about we let it play out?
I'm all for letting it play out but I'm not cool with letting the Administration and their lackys in the House attempt to derail accountability.

Trump's behavior is telling.

The Dad Fisherman 06-04-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1143905)
My issues were primarily with the disinformation being generated in an attempt to discredit the future president.

Trump????

......or Alternate Universe???

Pete F. 06-04-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1143900)
That's all that matters. 80% of people change their reaction 180 degrees, depending on whose ox is getting gored.

I have a Dilbert cartoon hanging in my office
He's doing a presentation and has a number on a screen or whiteboard
Caption: I didn't have any accurate numbers so I just made this one up.
Next frame caption: Studies have shown that accurate numbers aren't any more useful than the ones you make up
Last frame captions: How many studies have shown this?
Dilbert's last caption: Eighty seven

spence 06-04-2018 01:03 PM

Interesting strategy to slowly admit more and more guilt while claiming laughable executive powers. I haven't seen such a guilty squirm since I tried to explain away crashing my mother's car in 1987.

scottw 06-04-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1143923)
I haven't seen such a guilty squirm since I tried to explain away crashing my mother's car in 1987.

that must have been priceless....:hihi:

wdmso 06-04-2018 01:29 PM

America has a POTUS who thinks he can Pardon himself it does not matter if he does or doesn't .... the problem is people don't have an issue with him even suggesting the possibility..

they just make excuses to explain it away as a Liberal mind trick preformed by Trump

The Dad Fisherman 06-04-2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1143924)
that must have been priceless....:hihi:

I wonder if he got grounded for a month because his parents took his explanation completely out of context?

scottw 06-04-2018 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1143928)
I wonder if he got grounded for a month because his parents took his explanation completely out of context?

I bet he told them that their sources were questionable....and that they were not engaged in critical thinking, probably blamed the whole incident/accident that never happened on the vast right wing conspiracy :hihi:

Pete F. 06-04-2018 01:53 PM

Quote:

Do you think Melania is grounded because she took something out of context?

The Dad Fisherman 06-04-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1143929)
I bet he told them that their sources were questionable....and that they were not engaged in critical thinking, probably blamed the whole incident/accident that never happened on the vast right wing conspiracy :hihi:

https://i.imgur.com/rBy7Xnl.jpg

The Dad Fisherman 06-04-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1143930)
Do you think Melania is grounded because she took something out of context?

Naaaahhh....she's probably just had enough. The poor woman can't even give books to a library.

Got Stripers 06-04-2018 04:22 PM

I’m so glad the fish are biting, all my yard work is done and the greens at my golf club in Barnstable are rolling good. After a minute on this board I say WTF do I care. Going on Medicare and picking up a “somewhat affordable” supplimental insurance from Tufts and coming to the realization while I despise Trump, the economy is good, my family is healthy and I just don’t have a dog in this fight to back with gusto. If the Meuller investigation turns into something bigger than it appears at this time, then I might be adding my two cents, but right now life ain’t to bad for this independent.

Cool Beans 06-04-2018 05:06 PM

Quote:

Thank You! I got a good laugh from this.