Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Computers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FireFox (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=66252)

PRBuzz 09-20-2010 07:39 AM

FireFox

Anyone else experience a lot of crashes using FireFox? I'm seriously considering moving to Chrome. Had Chrome loaded for a while just was use to using FF but know it is more of a pain, always crashing....:confused:

iamskippy 09-20-2010 09:10 AM

if you are using vista there are a ton of bugs still. xp and 7 dnt have to many issue, however, chrome or safari are far superior now imho.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRBuzz 09-20-2010 09:24 AM

I had FireFox working fine under Vistax64, now upgraded to Win7x64.

iamskippy 09-20-2010 10:01 AM

forgot to mention the upgrades. fresh install of 7 rules. have ypou tried IE8, mine has been working flawless and is out performing the other's.

Raven 09-20-2010 10:52 AM

ff......

still runnin xp here... :wall:- slow - seems like-
but no crashin of FF to speak of

i was watching HULU yesterday,,,, right
that new show Nikita ..... i wanted to see it
and even though i have FIOS
that flick was stopping and hesitating often

WTF ? so i go to see what else was running with "whats running"
and terminated all other unnecessary programs ect.

and it made no difference. :doh:

from what i've read tho, Microsoft is about to surpass firefox
and leave them standing still - fairly soon - > with windows 9
on the horizon.... as far as speed is concerned

basswipe 09-20-2010 03:07 PM

I'm running FF under Linux,Vista and Win7.No issues.Outperforms IE8 on the Windows machines.Not a big fan of Chrome as I hate its layout and it has caused both Vista and 7 to crash.

Give the latest FF version 3.6.10 a try if you haven't already.

PRBuzz 09-20-2010 03:40 PM

I was up to 3.6.10 and same issues: REMOVED! I've been using FF for over 2 years but this is not necessarily a loyalty game. Chrome gets 1st shot then IE8, both installed and running.

basswipe 09-20-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 796181)
forgot to mention the upgrades. fresh install of 7 rules. have ypou tried IE8, mine has been working flawless and is out performing the other's.

I agree.Upgrades under any OS are problematic at best and downright disastrous at worst.Backup user profiles/directories on a seperate partition and do a clean install is what I do.Unfortunately a clean install of Windows runs big $.

iamskippy 09-20-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRBuzz (Post 796260)
I was up to 3.6.10 and same issues: REMOVED! I've been using FF for over 2 years but this is not necessarily a loyalty game. Chrome gets 1st shot then IE8, both installed and running.

good luck! let me know how you make out. may i also mention a nice program called cleanup. clears a ton or crap with out doing damage. if you need a link i can link it when i get home just hit me up!

PRBuzz 09-20-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 796272)
I agree.Upgrades under any OS are problematic at best and downright disastrous at worst.Backup user profiles/directories on a seperate partition and do a clean install is what I do.Unfortunately a clean install of Windows runs big $.

I upgraded 6 months ago to Win7 (clean install with hard drive formatting), only the last 6-8 weeks has FF been acting up. I regularly clean/scan the computer for junk!

derf 09-21-2010 06:33 AM

i was having a few probs with ff .
deleted it and did a clean new install .
all is good again :)