Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Just another bad day for Trump (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98313)

Got Stripers 08-26-2022 12:01 PM

Just another bad day for Trump

Boy listening to the affidavit that was made public is really not going to make Trump look like anything other than a dangerous man, who couldn’t give a sh*t about our national security and frankly I hope he gets charged to keep him from running again. I know I’ve said the Democrats would probably easily beat him again, but I’m not sure the risk of him winning is worth the risk to our national security.

Pete F. 08-26-2022 07:27 PM

It’s a safe bet right now Americans somewhere are jumping through their own #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s to try and save the lives of sources and other Americans Donald Trump put at risk (at a minimum) or actively betrayed. Mind blowing that anyone could still support the fool.

Trump will be synonymous with Judas, Benedict Arnold and Quisling.

I wonder if this will cue the Quisling chorus, with their song of how he was really great and the refrain of “but I said something bad about him”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso 08-27-2022 02:59 PM

Truth Social faces financial peril as worry about Trump’s future grows
Payment disputes and a dwindling audience have fueled doubts about the former president’s Twitter clone

Going the route of all his other scams

Got Stripers 08-27-2022 05:13 PM

I guess it’s to be expected that the right is silent on this thread, I guess student loan forgiveness, or why so many are moving to FL is more important than our national security.

scottw 08-27-2022 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
yeah that's it....

scottw 08-27-2022 06:49 PM

you said another "bad day" but it seems like it's helped him...he may get arrested, we'll have to wait and see... but even AXIOS suggests this has been a positive for trump so far....

AXIOS

Several anti-Trump GOP strategists say they're worried the FBI search put wind in Trump’s sails.

A source close to Trump says the fundraising effect has been "yuge," re-engaging donors in the biggest way since he left office.

To juice up the base, Trump's fundraising texts and emails accuse the FBI of "breaking into my home," even though agents had a search warrant.

When Trump was fading from the news cycle, Republicans were able to focus on criticisms of the left — such as COVID regulations, educational practices and accusations of media bias.

Those played to DeSantis' strengths, and even allowed him to get to Trump's right on some issues.

Since the search, Trump is once again at the center of attention. He has once again been able to align his own personal grievances with the Republican base — that a "Deep State" bureaucracy is out to get him.

Got Stripers 08-27-2022 07:07 PM

It’s not deep state out to get him it’s Americans who give a sh*t and if you don’t see the potential implications of this narcissist taking classified documents, which could put key assets lives in danger, well your…..fill in the blank_______

Pete F. 08-27-2022 07:20 PM

The big question is………

Will they try him as an adult? 🧒

scottw 08-27-2022 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1231927)
The big question is………

Will they try him as an adult? 🧒

that's pretty funny :scream:

scottw 08-27-2022 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1231925)
It’s not deep state out to get him it’s Americans who give a sh*t and if you don’t see the potential implications of this narcissist taking classified documents, which could put key assets lives in danger, well your…..fill in the blank_______

don't be shy...fill in the blank

Pete F. 08-27-2022 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1231923)
yeah that's it....

Don’t worry there’s plenty that’s not redacted, but it might not fit your delusion.

scottw 08-27-2022 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1231930)
Don’t worry there’s plenty that’s not redacted, but it might not fit your delusion.

you...calling someone delusional or a troll...is also very funny

Pete F. 08-28-2022 06:23 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Trump is now under investigation for tax fraud, election fraud, insurrection and violating the Espionage Act. And he's the Republican frontrunner for 2024

Gonna be a hell of a resume builder for the GOP, voting twice to not impeach the greatest traitor in US history, well done cowards.

scottw 08-28-2022 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1231933)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Trump is now under investigation for tax fraud, election fraud, insurrection and violating the Espionage Act. And he's the Republican frontrunner for 2024

Gonna be a hell of a resume builder for the GOP, voting twice to not impeach the greatest traitor in US history, well done cowards.

you mean "armed insurrection":btu:

hopefully, at some point, the DOJ will decide to try this through the courts instead of through complicit media leaks and in the court of public opinion....

trump should be the ONE guy you'd be happy to have run in 2024 if all you claim is true.....at that point he should be running his campaign from a jail cell...

Albie1guy 08-28-2022 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1231933)

Don’t forget he has 2 more in NY

Pete F. 08-29-2022 05:37 AM

Republicans are responding to Biden calling them “semi-fascists” by threatening Civil War if Trump is indicted. Way to make Biden’s case for him.

I vaguely recall … **every conservative ever** saying that warning of riots in response to legal law enforcement actions (even wrong ones) was entirely unacceptable.

scottw 08-29-2022 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1231985)

Republicans are responding to Biden calling them “semi-fascists” by threatening Civil War if Trump is indicted.

don't worry, they'll forget to bring the guns again.....

wdmso 08-29-2022 07:50 AM

Trump and the extreme MAGA Republicans have made their choice — to go backwards full of anger, violence, hate and division."

Recommended

2022 ELECTION
Crist picks Miami teachers union leader as running mate
Biden said he respects "conservative Republicans" and not "MAGA Republicans." The president has for months linked a majority of the GOP to Trump as many have defended the former president and embraced his ideology.

"The MAGA Republicans don’t just threaten our personal rights and economic security,” Biden said. "They’re a threat to our very democracy. They refuse to accept the will of the people. They embrace political violence. They don’t believe in democracy."

Of course Republicans are claiming Biden is talking about all republicans. But clearly that’s not the case .

I’ve said it since Trump was elected he and his faithful are the real threat to the nation

scottw 08-29-2022 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1231989)

I’ve said it since Trump was elected he and his faithful are the real threat to the nation

need to get those re-education camps going.....

wdmso 08-29-2022 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1231990)
need to get those re-education camps going.....

the only people cool with your re education camps are the MAGA universe

don't be fooled

wdmso 08-29-2022 03:30 PM

Sen. Lindsey Graham said if Trump is prosecuted for mishandling classified information, 'there will be riots in the streets'

Grahams a coward these documents were not mishandled they were TAKEN and Trump refused to return them for 2 years

Someone should Show Graham how email works of course comparing Hillary email issues with Trump's physical boxes of classified documents

scottw 08-29-2022 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1232016)

these documents were not mishandled they were TAKEN and Trump refused to return them for 2 years

this is correct...trump strangled two secret service people and commandeered the presidential limo and loaded it with nuclear secrets and drove them to maralago and hid them in melania's panties drawer.....

Pete F. 08-29-2022 08:48 PM

Actually we were somewheres around Helsinki teetering on collusion when the Treason really kicked in….

Got Stripers 08-30-2022 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1232019)
this is correct...trump strangled two secret service people and commandeered the presidential limo and loaded it with nuclear secrets and drove them to maralago and hid them in melania's panties drawer.....

Do you ever actually post a real opinion on the subject, do you really think Trump had a legal right to take these, then refuse to return them, then lie stating they all had been returned or are we just going to get one liners.

scottw 08-30-2022 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1232040)
Do you ever actually post a real opinion on the subject, .

yes....regarding the rest, I'll wait for more info...you are happy to convict without a trial someone you hate....that's fine...I've said that if he's done what you and the others claim, they should arrest him...maybe that is coming...funny how that whole nuclear secrets thing has gone away....we'll see

Pete F. 08-30-2022 05:42 AM

A Russian spy who posed as a “Rothschild” and used a fake ID — had untethered access to Mar-a-Lago; the same hotel where Trump illegally stored classified documents. She also played a round of golf with Trump and Lindsey Graham.

scottw 08-30-2022 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1232042)
A Russian spy who posed as a “Rothschild” and used a fake ID — had untethered access to Mar-a-Lago; the same hotel where Trump illegally stored classified documents. She also played a round of golf with Trump and Lindsey Graham.

isn't there secret service at mar-a-lago?....and will they have to go to jail with trump when he goes to jail?

Pete F. 08-30-2022 06:41 AM

Actually the secret service will have to protect Trump in jail

Pete F. 08-30-2022 07:26 AM

After the U.S. Secret Service Promised the House January 6 Committee It Would Compel Employees—Foremost Among Them Tony Ornato—to Testify Comprehensively About What They Saw Trump Do on January 6, Ornato Quits the Service to Avoid Testifying

Got Stripers 08-30-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1232041)
yes....regarding the rest, I'll wait for more info...you are happy to convict without a trial someone you hate....that's fine...I've said that if he's done what you and the others claim, they should arrest him...maybe that is coming...funny how that whole nuclear secrets thing has gone away....we'll see

Wow that’s funny, you think we have formed an opinion based on what others “claim”, that’s a classic Trump defender dodge. I’m pretty sure we have based our opinion on what facts the DOJ has made public. It’s NOT disputed he took a lot of highly classified documents. It’s NOT disputed the NARA asked for over a year repeated to get them back. It’s NOT disputed Trumps lawyer told the DOJ all had been returned. It’s NOT disputed the FBI found lots of classified documents, so Trump and his lawyers lied. Its pretty easy to either agree with those facts, or put your conspiracy theory hat on to suggest it’s deep state again, what may be up for dispute is whether the DOJ has the fortitude to charge a former president. In my opinion (see how easy that is) the DOJ doesn’t have much choice, it’s either the rule of law applies to all, or it allows for future discretions.