Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Muzik (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Listening right now to... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=61091)

JohnR 12-18-2009 06:33 PM

Listening right now to...

Listening right now to...

YouTube - Pink Floyd, Animals - Dogs (part 1/2)

which will be quickly followed by:

YouTube - Pink Floyd, Animals - Dogs (part 2/2)

So what are you listening to?

Nebe 12-18-2009 06:50 PM

Ohhh my favorite :)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rockport24 12-21-2009 04:30 PM

I've been rockin out to the ChickenFoot CD, it's the latest supergroup with Sammy Hager and Joe Satriani. the CD overall ain't great, but there are a few tunes I can't get enough of!

ProfessorM 12-22-2009 12:34 PM

Pat Metheny, We live Here ,album

Luv this tune

YouTube - Pat Metheny Group - To the end of the world -Live in japan

Slipknot 12-22-2009 12:43 PM

Little Feat !!!!!

YouTube - Little Feat All That You Dream

I can never get sick of them
they rock

Slipknot 12-22-2009 12:49 PM

Another but it's a little bassy, poor audio, but it's a video from the Waiting for Columbus Live album, one of the quintessential live albums of all time in my opinion.

YouTube - Little Feat Rocket In My Pocket

Bernzy 12-29-2009 09:00 PM

YouTube - ROBERT PLAN - -FREEDOM FRIES

YouTube - Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation: Shine It All Around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr2PDWruNy8

Not bad for an old man

Zeal 12-29-2009 09:11 PM

Rory Gallagher, Irish Tour 1974 and Live in Europe 1972. Can't stop listening to him.

ProfessorM 12-30-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeal (Post 735377)
Rory Gallagher, Irish Tour 1974 and Live in Europe 1972. Can't stop listening to him.

Good call, great talent

Zeal 12-30-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 735469)
Good call, great talent

FINALLY someone who knows what the hell I listen to! I get so many confused looks saying that name! You made my day Professor M :)

Bernzy 12-30-2009 01:05 PM

One of my favorites from his aptly named 2nd album...Deuce

YouTube - Rory Gallagher - I'm Not Awake Yet

tautog 12-30-2009 01:10 PM

a couple of artist who popped up on my Ipod this am.
YouTube - David Bromberg - I Like To Sleep Late In The Morning - July 23, 1975
YouTube - Mountain. Nantucket Sleighride

Zeal 12-30-2009 01:18 PM

Uli Jon Roth material today with some Michael Schenker stuff as well (though I'm picky with Schenker on his stuff).

ProfessorM 12-30-2009 02:10 PM

got 9 year old girls running amuck in the house with teeny bopper so called singers screaming on the friggin box so I am locked in my computer room listening so some soothing Miles, Kind of Blue. AHHHHH

ProfessorM 12-30-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeal (Post 735474)
FINALLY someone who knows what the hell I listen to! I get so many confused looks saying that name! You made my day Professor M :)

couple for yeah

YouTube - Rory Gallagher - A Million Miles Away Irish Tour 1974

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW0yx...eature=related

Zeal 12-30-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 735501)

Million Miles Away is one of my favorites and IMO one of his best songs he ever did.

Slammer223 01-01-2010 06:17 PM

Assorted western swing music on YouTube,Bob Wills,Vassar Clements,Asleep At The Wheel.

ProfessorM 01-01-2010 07:20 PM

the Ricky Skaggs Bruce Hornsby album they did together with other great bluegrass players. Awesome cd.
Unfortunately not very good quality on the you tube vid.'s

YouTube - Bruce Hornsby/Ricky Skaggs - Come On Out

YouTube - Bruce Hornsby and Ricky Skaggs Concert Jan 11, 2008

ProfessorM 01-01-2010 07:27 PM

Also been listening to some Doc Watson, can never get enough of the good Doctor. They sure aren't making any more Doc Watson's

Couple of classics here

YouTube - "Tennessee Stud" played by Doc Watson and Jack Lawrence

YouTube - Doc Watson - 1991 - Deep River Blues (Solo)

ProfessorM 01-01-2010 07:39 PM

Steel Pulse too lately.

YouTube - Steel Pulse - Steppin Out

YouTube - Steel Pulse - Uncle George

Slammer223 01-02-2010 12:45 AM

Bluegrass music is amazing.Did anyone ever go to the Bluegrass Festivals in Carver years ago?Those were some great times.I love Doc,Ricky,Tony,Sam,and all the virtuoso players.The wife and I got to see Alison Krauss and Union Station a few times live and Emmylou Harris,and Vince Gill several times.He can really pick it,not just a country balladeer.But Doc is truly wonderful.It was cruel that Merle would die first,at such a young age.My friend and I saw Vassar Clements live at the Mill Hill Club in West Yarmouth,no word of a lie.He was terrific.Most of the audience knew him from Old And In The Way,as we did.He introduced me to western swing.

Raven 01-02-2010 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeal (Post 735474)

oh no now we have two of them

ProfessorM 01-02-2010 06:08 PM

Not sure anyone is into Celtic music but i am and have been for along while. This album is really good and her voice is beautiful. Give it a chance she is really good, Allison Krauss like voice.

YouTube - Cara Dillon - Hill of Thieves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5f9e...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QCke...eature=related

Slammer223 01-03-2010 01:23 AM

Yes,Cara has a beautiful voice,and she's not too tough on the old glazzies either.I'm a sucker for Danny Boy myself.

saltfly 01-04-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 733838)
Pat Metheny, We live Here ,album

Luv this tune

YouTube - Pat Metheny Group - To the end of the world -Live in japan

Pat Methenys music is my standard when cruising the Back Beaches at night with the lights off.10 disc cd changer.

ProfessorM 01-04-2010 07:09 PM

You sir have great taste. I almost put that tune up. It really is a fantastic tune. No one out there now writes music so layered as he does. the best out there now, but that is just my opinion. Every song is a journey with him. Un surpassed talent IMO.

saltfly 01-04-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 736719)
You sir have great taste. I almost put that tune up. It really is a fantastic tune. No one out there now writes music so layered as he does. the best out there now, but that is just my opinion. Every song is a journey with him. Un surpassed talent IMO.

In the later 70s I gave Berkley School of Music a $50 donation every year and that got you a membership to "The Friends of Berkley" with that you got advance notification and best seats at a discount to ANYTHING playing.Also,at intermission there was a Members lounge that had free Beverages and Munchies.It was AWESOME.Saw Sonny Rollins,Chick Corea,The Marsalas Brothers,Pat Metheney,Etta James,Jeff Beck,and on and on for cheap and 10th row center.The crowd I hung around with when living in Braintree were "bike rockers" and I'd take a bunch of them[not to the lounge] and they were "educated" to some great musicians.For years they would talk about those nights and thanked me.Also "educated" a few women too!The program ended around 84 and I moved to the cape in 85.I've also got "educated" by you and others here.Man there's some great talent still'under the radar'.I used to listen to WERS-fm[i think] which was an Emerson college radio station and Eric in the Evening on WGBH-fm.I don't know if it's still on the air.

ProfessorM 01-04-2010 08:37 PM

god i wish I had done that. Sounds awesome. Corea is a local guy and really luv the Marsalis Bros. and harry Conick too. must have been great seeing Methney as he taught there I am pretty sure. I saw him once and want to go again but he is a man of the world and doesn't come around too often. I used to go to the Paradise a lot back years ago and see some great players up real close. The Dixie Dregs a few times, Larry Carlton, Sealevel,to name a few. There were mostly Berklee students at most of the shows. I miss doing that too. I used to listen to ERS too not sure either if it is still there, but probably is. At nite if I am not listening to my iPOD at work I listen to wgbh, Eric in the Evening, and have for years. He has educated me a lot over the years and turned me on to so much great music.

Zeal 01-05-2010 08:39 PM

Speaking of Chick Corea (sorta), I managed to see his former bandmates from Return to Forever live...Stanley Clarke and Al DiMeola with Jean Luc Ponty. It was called "Rite of Strings" about 2 years ago. Phenomenal is an understatement by a loooooooong shot.

rphud 01-08-2010 11:16 PM

This week no Pat or Steel Pulse, but

YouTube - Devo "Whip It"

and

YouTube - DEVO - Girl U want / Gates of steel