Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Hamburger Heaven tonight :) (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=83032)

Saltheart 07-20-2013 05:57 PM

Hamburger Heaven tonight :)

Cooking hamburgers on the grill soon. Now nothing special about some charred burgers but tonight I have all the fixens. I have lettuce , tomatoes , Vidalia onion slices and sliced half sour pickles. Add a smeer of Mayo and a squirt of Ketchup and I'm having a Super Quarter Pounder Deluxe!

Don't mind me...just enjoying the little things in life. :)

milo 07-20-2013 06:16 PM

Nothing beats a good Burger
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigFish 07-20-2013 06:28 PM

Who does not love a good burger??!!! You enjoy Saltheart and make no apologies.......it sounds great!!:drool:

JamesJet 07-20-2013 09:44 PM

burger

The fixins always make it a treat dogs, burgers, whatever taking the time to have the extras is the way to go. Good stuff!

Sea Dangles 07-21-2013 08:57 AM

best cooked over an open flame!

Jenn 07-21-2013 06:14 PM

:love:

My complete fixings list varies a little from yours but I agree and appreciate this. There is nothing like having a nice grilled burger with all your favorites. A couple years ago I strated mixing just a little BBQ into the ground beef before making the patties (yum! but not too much! or they will fall apart) This year I tried mixing fresh chopped herbs in the groundmeat before making the patties and they too were delish! finely chopped onion, fresh orengano, basil, chives, lovage & parsley. and now my mouth is watering for them again! Dont have burgers too often.....

blondterror 07-21-2013 09:03 PM

I'm totally with you with the sweet onion, and fresh tomato, ketchup, and some sweet relish.... never gets old for me...

The Dad Fisherman 07-22-2013 05:11 AM

Red Onion for me....and I agree, nothing better than a good burger. When its just me and my son, we'll pick up some of that nice thick sliced deli bacon to throw on top....:drool:

Rockport24 07-22-2013 09:36 AM

Grilled burgers are the greatest! Although this weekend I did some bourbon steak tips that were unreal with that nice caramalization over the charcoal grill

Jimbo 07-22-2013 01:25 PM

I could not agree more, too. I recently bought a small Weber kettle for charcoal and it's great, but even over gas, I've come to believe the home burger with fixins beats restaurant any day. My ladies always try to coax me to go out to one of the chain places for burgers, like Ruby Tuesday, Chilis, even Longhorn or Outback where they generally come back saying they don't feel just right. I make burgers with mushrooms and swiss or bacon and chedder or onions any way and ketchup, or whatever they want, I get nary a complaint. I'm so confident in my burgers if I wasn't becoming so Howard Hughes-ish lately (also why I don't go to said chain restaurants) I'd make a burger throwdown challenge to that Bomba chef guy.

Rockport24 07-22-2013 02:07 PM

If there is a burger throwdown challenge happening I would have to be there (not to compete, but to eat) :D

onsetangler 07-22-2013 08:51 PM

Nice char medium rare with red onion, brown mustard and a thick slice of good cheddar , charcoal is key!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Fly Rod 07-23-2013 08:33 AM

UUUUUU have not had a great burger with the fixings that UUUUUU like unless UUUU buy chuck steak and have the store grind it or grind yourself..... UUUUUUU will never go back to store bought ground burger again.....:) :)