Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Hello... Hello!.... Hello!! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=86512)

Fly Rod 08-10-2014 09:08 AM

Hello... Hello!.... Hello!!

Where have our political solvers gone....where is spence and jim?....maybe their finger tips R to sore....Oh Well ....:)

justplugit 08-10-2014 10:15 AM

FR, there is so much stuff going on in the world I don't think anybody knows
where to start a debate on which debacle.
The only thing that remains constant is O's "day late and a dollar short."

Raven 08-10-2014 10:18 AM

I KNOW ......... lets let Michelle decide :uhuh: she's SMARTER after all

The Dad Fisherman 08-11-2014 06:02 AM

Maybe they finally figured out that arguing politics on a fishing board is about as productive as trying to Bail out the Titanic with a soup spoon.

RIROCKHOUND 08-11-2014 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1049004)
Maybe they finally figured out that arguing politics on a fishing board is about as productive as trying to Bail out the Titanic with a soup spoon.

Bingo.

Piscator 08-11-2014 03:52 PM

Maybe they are on Vacation together, in Martha's Vineyard...with everyone else.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Raven 08-12-2014 09:55 AM

i can just *see their raised glasses of Wine

Fly Rod 08-12-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 1049060)
i can just *see their raised glasses of Wine

LOL...:) :)

Jim in CT 08-12-2014 02:50 PM

Hate to disapppoint TDF, but I enjoy the jousting, just been busy. Our entire state department is a laughing stock, no idea where to begin. Obama called ISIS the "JV" a few years ago (that idiot can't get one right by accident), Louis Lerner sent emails declaring that she hated Republicans, yet no special investigator.

The dems will take a thumpin' in November. GOP keep sthe house, takes a few Senate seats, maybe not quite enough to take control.

Obanma and Hilary starting to trade jabs over 2016 (Obama said Biden would make a great president, what a joke, and Hoilary is criticizing Obama's foreign policy in Iraq from a few years ago, I guess she forgets that she was SecState at the time).

It's a joke. Our debt keeps growing, SS and Medicare have not been fixed, wages are way down.

FishermanTim 08-12-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1049004)

Make that a slotted spoon!

JohnR 08-14-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1049081)

The dems will take a thumpin' in November. GOP keep sthe house, takes a few Senate seats, maybe not quite enough to take control.

And they better do a better job or we are going from one frying pan into another frying pan.

I am actually hoping that the Dems keep the Senate and 2016 brings a R into the Whitehouse. If all D or all R we are farked. A lesson passed on by a wise old timer: the two party system is a feature, not a bug.

Exhibit A: The steaming hot mess that is Rhode Island

justplugit 08-15-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1049081)
Our entire state department is a laughing stock, no idea where to begin. Obama called ISIS the "JV" a few years ago

And there in lies the problem, Jim. Since the apology tour and the wink to Putin ,there has been one debacle after another where each has been kicked down the road letting fate take it's hand rather than having a strategy ahead of time for how things would be handled.

In the case of Isis coming over the border, there should have been a plan in affect to handle the probable problem of terrorists coming over the border into Iraq after a withdrawal date was announced. If they were bombed at that point they could have been set back in the open and stalled at least before they captured our armor left behind, and they were able to take towns where they now use civilians as shields. Now it will end up a ground war where the only thing we can hope for is arming the Kurds properly to stem the tide.
There has been no strategic planning, just wait and see, then wait to see what happens. Great strategy, joke for sure.

Raven 08-16-2014 10:58 AM

been thinkin that BIG O has an exit strategy

....somethin he'll forever be known by..........