Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Bergdahl ! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=88107)

detbuch 03-28-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1069102)
brilliant........(edited)

L’Affaire Bergdahl Is the Quintessential Obama Fiasco

From the made-up facts to the disingenuous invocation of high-minded principle, this one has it all.
By Jonah Goldberg — March 28, 2015

Dear Reader (including our new partners in peace in Tehran),

ANATOMY OF AN OBAMA FAILURE

. . . . .

No, don’t dwell on any of that stuff, because we’re going to get a piece of paper that will probably put Iran on a path to getting a bomb rather than prevent it. But even if the terms are exactly as the White House will spin them, the agreement will still depend entirely on the good faith and trustworthiness of Iran’s rulers, who’ve been violating every international law you can think of and who chant, every week, “death to America.” I mean, what could go wrong?

That was, indeed, a brilliant piece . . . unless you support Obama uber alles. If so, you will probably squirm through every paragraph, or every sentence, or almost every word . . . if you can stand to get even a tenth of the way through it . . . more likely, after the first four or five sentences, you'd shut it down and call it batchit. After all, why would we not accept Bergdhal's apparent victimized state of mind, rather than jumping to nasty conclusions, or why constantly belittle Obama's noble efforts, or why not "depend entirely on the good faith and trustworthiness of Iran’s rulers" . . . progressive taqiyya bullchit.

scottw 03-28-2015 01:33 PM

half squirming...half laughing

spence 03-28-2015 01:56 PM

It's not squirm worthy. Anyone can wander about connecting dots real or imagined. The Right has an amazing organizational competency in this regard. Be it Feith's ability to see the connections linking Iraq to al Qaeda or the daily conspiracy theories blogged and re-blogged, then converted into Facebook memes with a random photo chosen for emotional impact.

This was my favorite line:

"Conservatives, meanwhile, not only take the blame for events not of their own making that they often worked the most assiduously against, but find themselves defending liberal misdeeds in order to defend America herself."

Really?

scottw 03-28-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1069107)
It's not squirm worthy. Anyone can wander about connecting dots real or imagined. The Right has an amazing organizational competency in this regard. Be it Feith's ability to see the connections linking Iraq to al Qaeda or the daily conspiracy theories blogged and re-blogged, then converted into Facebook memes with a random photo chosen for emotional impact.

This was my favorite line:

"Conservatives, meanwhile, not only take the blame for events not of their own making that they often worked the most assiduously against, but find themselves defending liberal misdeeds in order to defend America herself."

Really?

i think you just confirmed the article...nice job

spence 03-28-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1069113)
i think you just confirmed the article...nice job

No, not really.

Describe "half squirming...half laughing" were you touching yourself?

scottw 03-29-2015 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1069116)
No, not really.

Describe "half squirming...half laughing" were you touching yourself?

it's a little creepy that you go there...

if you read, Detbuch was referring to Obama supporter types squirming(if they made it a tenth through) as the disturbing MO of their heartthrob was so succinctly laid out and his character and nature chronicled....the laughing would be the evil kind that one might devolve to after having this all pointed out and being contented by the thought and knowledge that it continues... rather than disturbed by the damage being done

sounds like you didn't squirm...just laughed that evil laugh...."muhahahahaha"

Fly Rod 04-01-2015 02:02 PM

Bergdahl & attorney now claiming that he left his post to go to another company to complain about the goings on in his company...claims he was going to be a whistleblower....I'm sure one or two here may believe that....the administration will do anything to get this deserter off.

PaulS 04-01-2015 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Rod (Post 1069431)
Bergdahl & attorney now claiming that he left his post to go to another company to complain about the goings on in his company...claims he was going to be a whistleblower....I'm sure one or two here may believe that....the administration will do anything to get this deserter off.

I believe that what they charged him with is actually worse then desertion.

The admin. prob. didn't want to make a decision on getting him out or leaving him there - a no win either way.

Fly Rod 04-01-2015 05:16 PM

administration (whitehouse) is not suppose to influrence the military on this issue.