Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Not an April Fools Joke (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94951)

JohnR 04-01-2019 07:43 AM

Not an April Fools Joke

Just saw in the news this morning. Creepy Uncle Joe

Quote:

I felt him get closer to me from behind. He leaned further in and inhaled my hair. I was mortified. I thought to myself, “I didn’t wash my hair today and the vice-president of the United States is smelling it. And also, what in the actual #^&#^&#^&#^&? Why is the vice-president of the United States smelling my hair?” He proceeded to plant a big slow kiss on the back of my head. My brain couldn’t process what was happening. I was embarrassed. I was shocked. I was confused. There is a Spanish saying, “tragame tierra,” it means, “earth, swallow me whole.” I couldn’t move and I couldn’t say anything. I wanted nothing more than to get Biden away from me. My name was called and I was never happier to get on stage in front of an audience.
https://www.thecut.com/2019/03/an-aw...joe-biden.html

The Dad Fisherman 04-01-2019 09:44 AM

https://i.imgur.com/DNYo7zr.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DNFJEq8X0AAWds9.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Do6VKOsUUAA3WNl.jpg

Nebe 04-01-2019 09:56 AM

The fool is the one who is outraged by this but defends trump for doing worse.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 04-01-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1164891)

another kind of fool, is the one who says duringbthe Kavanaugh hearings that all women are to be believed, but who then ignores these claims because Biden is a democrat.

Nebe 04-01-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1164893)
another kind of fool, is the one who says duringbthe Kavanaugh hearings that all women are to be believed, but who then ignores these claims because Biden is a democrat.

Sure.

detbuch 04-01-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1164891)

I'm not outraged by this. It's nothing new and was never considered a problem by his Democrat supporters in all the times it happened before. Rather suspicious that the Dems are trying to nail him now. They probably want someone else to be the candidate.

But it is interesting that Biden said this about Trump at a U. of Miami Speech: "“A guy who ended up becoming our national leader said, ‘I can grab a woman anywhere, and she likes it . . . They asked me if I’d like to debate this gentleman, and I said ‘no.’ I said, ‘If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.’ ”

Jim in CT 04-01-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1164896)
I'm not outraged by this. It's nothing new and was never considered a problem by his Democrat supporters in all the times it happened before. Rather suspicious that the Dems are trying to nail him now. They probably want someone else to be the candidate.

But it is interesting that Biden said this about Trump at a U. of Miami Speech: "“A guy who ended up becoming our national leader said, ‘I can grab a woman anywhere, and she likes it . . . They asked me if I’d like to debate this gentleman, and I said ‘no.’ I said, ‘If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.’ ”

it’s funny, i think Biden would be tough to beat, but i’m sure
many at the DNC don’t want an old white guy.

The Dad Fisherman 04-01-2019 11:21 AM

Quote:

Where's Alyssa Milano when you need her :hihi:

Jim in CT 04-01-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1164898)
Where's Alyssa Milano when you need her :hihi:

probably not at a MENSA meeting. we can cross that off the list.

wdmso 04-01-2019 02:38 PM

Mr Biden kissed her on the back of her head

You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

Both are wrong but are on different planets

But here we going again Conservatives thinking they are the same thing :kewl:

wdmso 04-01-2019 02:40 PM

Quote:

whos says she is lying? or ignoring it happened ?

The Dad Fisherman 04-01-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1164912)

You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

....aaaannnnnnd TRUMP!!

Didn't see that coming :rolleyes:

detbuch 04-01-2019 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1164916)
....aaaannnnnnd TRUMP!!

Didn't see that coming :rolleyes:

Actually, Nebe brought Trump into the conversation.

detbuch 04-01-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1164912)

Why must they be the same? And there are numerous photos of Biden touching and kissing without asking, and I suppose he figured, a la Trump, they all let him do it--yeah, right. Not much in the way of photos of Trump doing so. Some locker room talk which may have been more bravado than real.

The irony is Biden wanting to beat up someone while he has for years been touching and kissing without permission, and, if this latest complaint is meaningful, making the women and little girls uncomfortable to say the least.

JohnR 04-01-2019 09:41 PM

I bet every time Uncle Joe puts each hand on a shoulder, moved in close, and sniffs her hair - EVERY HR manager in America stops breathing. What the hundreds of photos that show Joe doing what Joe does would be the post of NOT what to do in your corporate Harassment training.

Jim in CT 04-02-2019 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1164935)
I bet every time Uncle Joe puts each hand on a shoulder, moved in close, and sniffs her hair - EVERY HR manager in America stops breathing. What the hundreds of photos that show Joe doing what Joe does would be the post of NOT what to do in your corporate Harassment training.

but Biden has a get out of jail free card, he is entitled to the “that’s just Joe being Joe” defense.

Is there a single man here, who wouldn’t be enraged if Biden did these things to our wives and daughters? Even Spence might have a toxic masculinity impulse, and feel compelled to shove Biden’s nose out of his wife’s hair.

i’m not saying that Trump is any better, or Bill Clinton. But how about both sides establish a set of rules for what’s disqualifying behavior, and we apply those rules equally to both sides? that’s all i’m asking for. that would be nice.
And it’s asking way, way too much.

wdmso 04-02-2019 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1164938)
but Biden has a get out of jail free card, he is entitled to the “that’s just Joe being Joe” defense.

Is there a single man here, who wouldn’t be enraged if Biden did these things to our wives and daughters? Even Spence might have a toxic masculinity impulse, and feel compelled to shove Biden’s nose out of his wife’s hair.

i’m not saying that Trump is any better, or Bill Clinton. But how about both sides establish a set of rules for what’s disqualifying behavior, and we apply those rules equally to both sides? that’s all i’m asking for. that would be nice.
And it’s asking way, way too much.

asking both sides establish a set of rules for what’s disqualifying behavior, and we apply those rules equally to both sides?

after the fact the horse is out of the Barn ... ? that's my issue with the right its ignored until well someone else does it

I am all for not looking at things that happened decades ago thru the lens of what's acceptable. and what is not, by today standards.. but rather thru the lens of the Time when it occurred....(unless its a crime)

JohnR 04-02-2019 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1164941)
that's my issue with the right its ignored until well someone else does it

Bill Clinton :rotf2:

PaulS 04-02-2019 07:08 AM

That dinosour needs to learn it is not acceptable to touch someone evenif it is not sexual.
Smelling someone's hair is creepy.

The Dad Fisherman 04-02-2019 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1164942)

Jim in CT 04-02-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1164942)

Ted Kennedy and Bull Clinton. But those don’t matter.

Jim in CT 04-02-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1164941)
asking both sides establish a set of rules for what’s disqualifying behavior, and we apply those rules equally to both sides?

after the fact the horse is out of the Barn ... ? that's my issue with the right its ignored until well someone else does it

I am all for not looking at things that happened decades ago thru the lens of what's acceptable. and what is not, by today standards.. but rather thru the lens of the Time when it occurred....(unless its a crime)

hey, I’m not the one saying Biden shouldn’t run because of this. Liberals are the ones saying that, the liberals
who want someone else to be the nominee.

Pete F. 04-02-2019 11:02 AM

I think it’s pretty simple.
If you wouldn’t do it to a guy or if a guy did it to you, it would bother you, you probably shouldn’t do it.