Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Obams honor raper who glorifies cop killers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=70996)

Jim in CT 05-11-2011 07:13 PM

Obams honor raper who glorifies cop killers

So the Obama are having a gathering of "poets" to the White House, and one of the invited "poets" is some thug rapper named Common. This guy, Common, likes to rap about the glory of killing cops, and his raps have included support for not one, but two convicted cop killers, including my favorite, Abu Mumia Jamal in Philadelphia. "Common" supports these 2 cop killers, and he is an honored, invited guest at the White House.

I reiterate...Obama is a scumbag. You do not honor people who honor cop killers. This is no different than Bush honoring someone who glorified James Earl Ray, and if Bush had done that, I bet the media would have asked him some tough questions.

I cannot stand the sight of Obama, I despise everything the man stands for, the sight of him makes me sick to my stomach.

basswipe 05-11-2011 07:42 PM

Rapper who glorified NJ trooper killer invited to White House | MyCentralJersey.com | MyCentralJersey.com

She did it,she killed that trooper but because she is black and a member of a black militant group and the trooper was white it must've been a setup.Reverse those roles and make it a white person killing a black cop and lets see if whitey the entertainer gets an invite to the Whitehouse.

Can't wait to hear from our resident Obama worshippers in their support for their hero and defend this woman.

Its sickening that our president and his wife support this so called "musician".:yak6:

Btw I wonder what Reginald Denny thinks about this!

ecduzitgood 05-11-2011 08:36 PM

Maybe The Rapper Common is or will be nominated for a Noble Peace Prize.

Jim in CT 05-11-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basswipe (Post 857868)
Rapper who glorified NJ trooper killer invited to White House | MyCentralJersey.com | MyCentralJersey.com

She did it,she killed that trooper but because she is black and a member of a black militant group and the trooper was white it must've been a setup.Reverse those roles and make it a white person killing a black cop and lets see if whitey the entertainer gets an invite to the Whitehouse.

Can't wait to hear from our resident Obama worshippers in their support for their hero and defend this woman.

Its sickening that our president and his wife support this so called "musician".:yak6:

Btw I wonder what Reginald Denny thinks about this!

Same exact thing with the other cop-killer, a white-hating racist named Abu Mumia Jamal, who became a celebrity for killing a white Philly cop named Danny Faulkner. "Common" praises Abu Mumia Jamal as well...

This is pure lunacy, and it's absolutely indefensible...if Obama had any decency(and he does not), he would be honoring cops who died serving their communities, instead of honoring those who glorify cop-killers. I don't know why I'm suprised, Obama is the guy who admitted he had no idea what happened, but still said "it's fair to say the Cambridge police acted stupidly". I wonder what Spence will come up with...

ecduzitgood 05-11-2011 10:14 PM

NJ Cop killer escaped and is believed to be in Cuba

Perhaps Common was invited to the White House to show how water boarding is not needed to gather information. He will probably be announcing soon "We got her".......and buried her at sea, sorry but there are no photo's being released.:uhuh:

Raven 05-12-2011 03:52 AM

showing their "true" colors

justplugit 05-13-2011 01:46 PM

Ya but, how did he know Common's rap included killing cops when he was
invited. After all, he didn't know what Rev Wrigth preached about for 20 years,
nor Bill Ayers and his cronies were about or suddenly saying he didn't know
how bad the economy was when he took office or on and on.

Poor guy, he just didn't know. :spin:
Believe that and I'll tell ya another one. :)

zimmy 05-13-2011 07:56 PM

Some of you need to retake sophomore English :smash: Maybe you really never read the lsongs yrics?

There is no debate, whether you think he is correct or not, that he believes she was wrongly convicted and mistreated. There is absolutely nothing in the song that in any way, symbolically or specifically glorifies or justifies killing cops. You would have to be retarded to make that conclusion.

People protest what they believe to be wrongful conviction all the time. Convictions are turned over all the time. Some rappers do glorify killing cops. I never heard of this guy before, but only a moron could conclude that the song glorifies killing cops, as opposed to it's protest of what the guy believes was wrongful conviction. What a bunch of moronic garbage.

"Assata had been convicted of a murder she couldna done
Medical evidence shown she couldna shot the gun
It's time for her to see the sun from the other side
Time for her daughter to be by her mother's side"

zimmy 05-13-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 857864)
This guy, Common, likes to rap about the glory of killing cops, and his raps have included support for not one, but two convicted cop killers, including my favorite, Abu Mumia Jamal in Philadelphia. "Common" supports these 2 cop killers, and he is an honored, invited guest at the White House.

I reiterate...Obama is a scumbag. You do not honor people who honor cop killers. This is no different than Bush honoring someone who glorified James Earl Ray, and if Bush had done that, I bet the media would have asked him some tough questions.

I cannot stand the sight of Obama, I despise everything the man stands for, the sight of him makes me sick to my stomach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 858175)
Ya but, how did he know Common's rap included killing cops

where did he glorify killing cops? He believes these people were wrongly convicted. So as big freedom types, you think someone should be banned from the whitehouse because they believe someone was wrongly convicted? That is pretty f'd up and un-American. If he rapped that cops should be killed or something similar as some rappers have then I could understand your "anger".

RIROCKHOUND 05-14-2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 858219)
If he rapped that cops should be killed or something similar as some rappers have then I could understand your "anger".

I heard he watches Law and Order SVU..... only b/c he supports ICE-T

cheferson 05-14-2011 07:40 AM

He's a "Rapper" so he has to be a negative piece of crap...

What if it was Megadeath? Some white rockers??

spence 05-14-2011 08:46 AM

Scroll down...watch video.

Daily Show Common | Jon Stewart Fox News Rap | Video | Mediaite

Note: the rap at the end is terrible.

-spence

RIROCKHOUND 05-14-2011 09:50 AM

I'm just glad he decided not to honor Dylan, after all he did write that song about Rubin Carter before the conviction was overturned, or Johnny Cash, who shot a man in Reno just to watch him die...

In the distance I hear the faint sounds of straws being grasped...

justplugit 05-14-2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 858219)
. So as big freedom types, you think someone should be banned from the whitehouse because they believe someone was wrongly convicted? .

Where did I say he should be banned? I question the wisdom of an INVITATION
to what has become a controversial issue the night before the widows
of slain police officers were to meet in Washington. But then again,
I guess he just didn't know, just like the other things I posted above that he said he
didn't know. Just have to give him another pass!

There are some good rappers out there he could have invited,
to show he's a "cool" President, to get the rapper fans votes. :)

justplugit 05-14-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 858283)
I'm just glad he decided not to honor Dylan, after all he did write that song about Rubin Carter before the conviction was overturned, or Johnny Cash, who shot a man in Reno just to watch him die...

Ya, or who was that guy that sang Who Shot the Sheriff? LOL

spence 05-14-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 858294)
I question the wisdom of an INVITATION
of slain police officers were to meet in Washington.

It seems like there's a good argument that the controversy here is largely been manufactured to exploit the narrative of Obama as supporting extreme beliefs.

From what I've read about the rappers resume, this appears pretty likely to be the case.

-spence

zimmy 05-14-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 858294)
Where did I say he should be banned? I question the wisdom of an INVITATION
of slain police officers were to meet in Washington. But then again,
I guess he just didn't know, just like the other things I posted above that he said he
didn't know. Just have to give him another pass!

There are some good rappers out there he could have invited,
to show he's a "cool" President, to get the rapper fans votes. :)

He doesn't need a pass :smash: His wife invited the guy to to a poetry reading. He has been to the white house before. I guess hatred of the pres. can cause some weird irrationality.

ecduzitgood 05-14-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 858335)
He doesn't need a pass :smash: His wife invited the guy to to a poetry reading. He has been to the white house before. I guess hatred of the pres. can cause some weird irrationality.

It sure can, the hatred of the Republicans was so bad people voted for this guy.

I can't even post many of his lyrics here because they are too offensive for this site but they are acceptable and apparently endorced by the White House, I can't even post some of his song titles without being censored.

Look for yourself:
http://www.metrolyrics.com/common-lyrics.html

spence 05-14-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

I guess hatred of the pres. can cause some weird irrationality.

And ignorance of inner city culture.

-spence

ecduzitgood 05-14-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 858276)
Scroll down...watch video.

Daily Show Common | Jon Stewart Fox News Rap | Video | Mediaite

Note: the rap at the end is terrible.

-spence

You'll have to watch him destroy Bill O'reilly on the Factor Monday:eek:
Bill O’Reilly and Jon Stewart will debate, keeping rapper Common ‘controversy’ alive - BlogPost - The Washington Post

ecduzitgood 05-14-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 858341)
And ignorance of inner city culture.

-spence

A culture we should all embrace right?

ecduzitgood 05-14-2011 04:29 PM

The person whom the rapper is supporting:
FBI — JOANNE DEBORAH CHESIMARD

spence 05-14-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 858346)
A culture we should all embrace right?

That's quite exactly not the point.

His supporters note the positive work he's done, especially speaking out against destructive behavior by city kids...you don't connect with them by singing Frank Sinatra tunes...

In the Daily Show video, the clip of Hannity deriding him promoting violence against police was pretty hilarious.

It reminded me of a new report I saw years ago of some Southern Baptists burning records they thought were Satanic...One they called out was Uriah Heep's "Demons and Wizards", one of my favorite classic albums.

Nuff said...

-spence

ecduzitgood 05-14-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 858358)
What? Are these lyrics or typo?
His supporters note the positive work he's done, especially speaking out against destructive behavior by city kids...you don't connect with them by singing Frank Sinatra tunes...
I don't see much for rap that is doing anything positive or easing tensions, so maybe Frank Sinatra would be a better choice.
In the Daily Show video, the clip of Hannity deriding him promoting violence against police was pretty hilarious.

It reminded me of a new report I saw years ago of some Southern Baptists burning records they thought were Satanic...One they called out was Uriah Heep's "Demons and Wizards", one of my favorite classic albums.

Nuff said...

-spence

Don't forget to watch 'The Factor Monday night', after all you are an open minded person who is very informed, right?

spence 05-14-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 858360)
I don't see much for rap that is doing anything positive or easing tensions, so maybe Frank Sinatra would be a better choice.

Don't forget to watch 'The Factor Monday night', after all you are an open minded person who is very informed, right?

From what I read he's noted as one of the most socially conscious artists across all genres along with being a serious talent. The guy is no gangsta, he'll, quite the opposite...

I used to watch O'Riley every night when his show was new. He's usually somewhat level headed but often picks the dumbest things to take a stand on...I guess what the mother ship wants...

-spence

justplugit 05-14-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Since when did questioning someone's wisdom/credability become hatred? :huh:

Jim in CT 05-14-2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zimmy (Post 858218)
Some of you need to retake sophomore English :smash: Maybe you really never read the lsongs yrics?

There is no debate, whether you think he is correct or not, that he believes she was wrongly convicted and mistreated. There is absolutely nothing in the song that in any way, symbolically or specifically glorifies or justifies killing cops. You would have to be retarded to make that conclusion.

People protest what they believe to be wrongful conviction all the time. Convictions are turned over all the time. Some rappers do glorify killing cops. I never heard of this guy before, but only a moron could conclude that the song glorifies killing cops, as opposed to it's protest of what the guy believes was wrongful conviction. What a bunch of moronic garbage.

"Assata had been convicted of a murder she couldna done
Medical evidence shown she couldna shot the gun
It's time for her to see the sun from the other side
Time for her daughter to be by her mother's side"

Zimmy -

"There is absolutely nothing in the song that in any way, symbolically or specifically glorifies or justifies killing cops. You would have to be retarded to make that conclusion. "

Zimmy, you post one quote from one lyric, and then suggest that I'm "retarded".

First, Zimmy, I have 2 nephews with Downs Syndrome. Your language is offensive and insulting, so for that, **** you and the arrogant liberal horse you rode in on...

Second, here is another lyric from this distinguished "poet"...

""Black gem in the rough
You’re rugged enough
Use your mind and nine-power, get the government touch
Them boys chat-chat on how him pop gun
I got the black strap to make the cops run
They watching me, I’m watching them
Them #^&#^&#^&#^& boys got a lock of cock in them
My people on the block got a lot of pok* in them
and when we roll together
we be rocking them to sleep
With that happening, why they messing with Saddam?
Burn a Bush cos’ for peace he no push no button"

In this lyric, this poetic genius obviously is supporting violence against cops, and he's also supporting violence against President Bush.

Zimmy, both of my nephews would know how to interpret that lyric. Perhaps you are the one who needs to re-take sophomore English.

Very liberal of you, using that langiage Zimmy. Why should I be suprised though? Your hero Obama also likes to make fun of Special Olympians, so I see you are taking after him. And you repugnant, smug, holier-than-thou liberals claim that you are trhe compassionate ones?

Jim in CT 05-14-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 858283)

In the distance I hear the faint sounds of straws being grasped...

You're another clownRockhound, a real ignoramus. In the Hurricane Carter case, there was all kinds of exculpatory (look it up in the dictionary) evidence to suggest Carter was railroaded. In the case of Abu Mumia Jamal, there is zero evidence to suggest he didn't do it. All the left has is the fact that it was a Black activist and a white cop, and for unthinking drones like that (and you and Obama) that necessarily implies that the black guy was somehow wronged.

Rockhound, get SOME FACTS, some scrap of supportiung evidence, before you accuse me of grasping at straws. I am wrong sometimes, but I usually do some research before I say someone is a scumbag.

Jim in CT 05-14-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 858386)
Since when did questioning someone's wisdom/credability become hatred? :huh:

After Obama took the oath, that line of thought became racial hatred.

In my case, however, I freely admit I hate the man...

Jim in CT 05-14-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 858358)

Nuff said...

-spence

Spence, yes, Common has done some good. He has also suggested that people kill cops, he has suggested that someone light Bush omn fire, and he suggested that 2 cop killers are innocent, with zilch to back it up.

Mr Common has a mixed resume, no? So why not invite one of the many people out there who has done just as much good, but without the questionable lyrics? The answer is, to the Obama (who sat in Rev Wrights church for 20 years and were friendly with Bill Ayers), there is nothing unseemly about Mr Common's disgusting lyrics...