Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The outdoor shower has offically been re-activated (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=76924)

Mr. Sandman 04-04-2012 02:05 PM

The outdoor shower has offically been re-activated

The outdoor bathing season has begun.

(all you city folk have no idea what your missing):jump1:

The Iceman 6 04-04-2012 02:40 PM

Huge fan of the outdoor shower Sandman.

Sea Dangles 04-04-2012 06:22 PM

Don't drop the soap.....

BigFish 04-04-2012 06:41 PM

We have one....I do not shower in the house from May to November!!! Nothing like it!! Unfortunately a winter ago a slab of frozen snow slid off our roof and destroyed it.....we will be repairing it very shortly!:uhuh:

JohnnySaxatilis 04-04-2012 07:22 PM

wheres the "like" button? outdoor showers probably the greatest invention of all time. the only thing about the one at the cottage we stay at on ACK is its kinda close to the road. You raise an arm to soap your pit, and someone waves back to you from the street!:rotf2:

Jackbass 04-04-2012 07:51 PM

Agree with the like button.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Mr. Sandman 04-04-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 931435)
We have one....I do not shower in the house from May to November!!! Nothing like it!! Unfortunately a winter ago a slab of frozen snow slid off our roof and destroyed it.....we will be repairing it very shortly!:uhuh:

I go from Easter to Thanksgiving

Night Shift 04-04-2012 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That is alll I have at my camp in Maine. I spend the last two weeks in November deer hunting up there every year and take a shower under the stars (on a good night) every night. When it is clear and cold it is not so bad. Any precip. or the slightest breeze ...not so good. But, after a long day of tracking, you've never felt cleaner and you've never felt more ALIVE when you're done.

The green bucket on the porch is the home made Army style shower that hangs on the rope over the plastic skid... Privacy courtesy of The North Maine Woods

2na 04-05-2012 08:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
the key is getting your southern exposure. With this spring I turned on my water in February and haven't taken an indoor shower yet -

ProfessorM 04-05-2012 09:08 AM

It is on the list for the cottage

Nebe 04-05-2012 09:13 AM

Best thing about the outdoor shower is you can just drive home after surfcasting and take a shower in all your gear to rinse it off.. And you can even bring your rods and reels in for a wash down.

BigFish 04-05-2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 931499)
Best thing about the outdoor shower is you can just drive home after surfcasting and take a shower in all your gear to rinse it off.. And you can even bring your rods and reels in for a wash down.

And your fish!:uhuh:

Backbeach Jake 04-05-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 931499)

!!

chief10 04-10-2012 12:54 PM

:agree:

Nebe 04-10-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake (Post 931597)

!!

have you built it yet??? :rotf2::rotf2::rotf2::rotf2:

Mr. Sandman 04-10-2012 02:27 PM

Mine has a little more luxury than that. A few years ago I tricked it up a bit....Mahogany space 5 X 7 or so L shape walk in, no door. Large rain shower head, standard shower mixing valve, single lever, an industrial style bilge light that I hooked up to a motion detector so it comes on when you walk in and goes off about 10 min after you leave. Mirror, for shaving. A load of shampoos, soaps, lotions, PI soap,hooks and a couple small shelves.
Taking a shower when it is cold is not a problem. The wind is blocked for the most part by the sides (there is some leakage but I have been out there 40mph winds in 38 deg and they were are not a problem. A couple times it was below freezing (but no wind) and it was still great.
During the summer it is great for kids/guests/dogs... but I take my shower at night... You look up at night at the stars on a cool night and it is great! You come back in and you feel fantastic. There is something about hot water on a cool night that is very refreshing. And my wife likes it because the bathroom stays clean :)

RIROCKHOUND 04-10-2012 03:16 PM

Lesson learned today.
Call any of you first before stopping by the house.... :yak5:

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

BasicPatrick 04-10-2012 11:34 PM

Opening up the yard ornaments and foign from three to eight bird feeders comes after putting the hardware back on in a couple days. Outdoor showers can not be praised enough for their spiritual and emotional healing at the end of a bad day.

2na 04-11-2012 08:15 AM

Sandman, you're preaching to the choir! Showering at night under the stars with the peepers in the background is awesome. I took one in a snow squall in March that was pretty fantastic too. these last couple of months with Venus and Saturn as a backdrop at night...

If you enlarge the pic I posted you'll see I have about the same setup - shower caddy, mirror (hard to see) and custom double head shower. Don't need a drain, everything goes into the sand. The way my cottage is set up the cottage blocks all of the cold wind, and my firewood gives enough privacy. I'm in the woods anyways ~

I've turned quite a few 'city people' on to the concept and they are all believers now. A few were shy about using it, but after that 1st shower they were down for their crime.

ProfessorM 04-11-2012 09:04 AM

Manzi's been called a peeper. Watch out.

iamskippy 04-12-2012 06:27 AM

Niiiiiiice! Always a fan of getting the boys some fresh air, esp in a outdoor shower.

Joe 04-20-2012 07:19 AM

I rented a house on Block Island for a week, two years in a row that had an outdoor shower. You can't do it in suburbia and it just feels different on an island - like it fits. It is a great thing - particularly after a night of fishing.

zacs 04-20-2012 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:nopics:

Nebe 04-20-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zacs (Post 934267)
:nopics:

You sure you want pics of me in an outdoor shower?:rotf2:

Joe 04-20-2012 12:40 PM

That young woman in the picture....If that was real life, I'd say within a week or so, there would be a freak encamped in the shrubs with his pants around his knees.

zacs 04-20-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 934303)
You sure you want pics of me in an outdoor shower?:rotf2:

no, but pics of your various gf's in there will suffice...

:devil2::devil2::devil2:

Nebe 04-20-2012 07:10 PM

They're mine!!! All mine !!!!