Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   We still miss "Flaptail" 8 years today! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93020)

BigFish 11-14-2017 11:51 AM

We still miss "Flaptail" 8 years today!

Today is the 8th anniversary of Steve's passing. The years are just melting away and "Flaptails" loss is as evident today as it was 8 years ago. He was a great guy and a good friend and he is missed. RIP Steve.

Rockfish9 11-14-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 1131687)
Today is the 8th anniversary of Steve's passing. The years are just melting away and "Flaptails" loss is as evident today as it was 8 years ago. He was a great guy and a good friend and he is missed. RIP Steve.

agreed!

JohnR 11-14-2017 12:16 PM

Yes. Some losses are harder than others. This one counts.

:ss:

afterhours 11-14-2017 04:06 PM

Wow.. 8 years. RIP Stunning in Neoprene.

Nebe 11-14-2017 04:40 PM

Never really got to know him in person but I sure do miss him.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slipknot 11-14-2017 05:38 PM

Think of him often as many do and much like others who have passed on , he is one of the people I still learn from. RIP Steve

Dave Peros 11-14-2017 07:12 PM

Thanks Larry for reminding us about the loss of a good person who passed way too soon. Eight years have gone by and it still doesn't seem real.

RickBomba 11-15-2017 10:08 AM

I never really talked to Steve, but I used to see him all the time. He was always the guy I was going to talk to tomorrow. Then I ran out of tomorrows. That whole beach crew is fading fast....RIP Steve.

vineyardblues 11-19-2017 08:18 AM

Steve was a great person who had interest in a lot of people and a lot of things
From reading his reports in otw to plugfest etc Steve is missed dearly
Steve was a wealth of info towards fishing and lures , he would talk about freshwater up in the Worcester hills or Stripers on the Cape or how bassmaster dressed 😎. Miss him in the lure world for sure.

Tagger 12-09-2017 03:04 PM

geeeeez was it 8yrs. .. miss Flap

Nebe 12-09-2017 05:26 PM

:(

saltfly 12-17-2017 06:21 PM

Spent that day[8th anniversary] packing the 26' U-Haul for the move back to the Cape from Rangeley Maine.Photos of Steve taken off the walls of the shop and put in the truck.Amazing how the time flies.The senior angler from Truro and I speak about Steve all the time and being with him after trout fishing at the Red Barn in Eastham eating pizza and joking for hours the day before his passing.Still unpacking boxes and just got on line today.The new shop will be up and running in a couple of weeks with Steve will be there[picture] in the TinCan slipping up on the beach at Sandy Neck with the Professor &I for lunch after a morning casting to rolling fish on the Barnstable/Dennis flats.RIP Steve.

BigFish 12-18-2017 06:44 AM

Why moving back?

saltfly 12-18-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 1133653)
Why moving back?

It's a combination of things that mounted as we lived there[5 yrs.].Foremost was Barbara missing family.Then the medical services were not good overall.She just couldn't get used to having a 50 mile ride one way to the pharmacy,Walmart [really the only store],and Hanafords.Also, the bugs didn't help.Personnally I liked the rural living and driving on open roads for miles and miles not seeing any vehicles.We'd have between 40-60 deer in the yard daily in the winter along with bobcats,coyotes,fox,snowshoe hares,eagles,moose,pleated woodpeckers,etc etc.I learned a lot about river,stream,& remote pond fishing.Plus tying flies down to size 22s.I did miss the ocean and walking the beaches plus the year round underfished sweetwater access on the Cape.Not to mention the mad house season in the Ditch this year.I'm heading out in a little while to fish with the senior angler from Truro right after we do a few errands.I met some really neat people in Maine and will go back to visit them and they will be coming down to fish the salt too.No regrets either way.But it's nice to be back too....

joebaggs99 12-18-2017 11:54 AM

Did he make Flaptail lures? I have a flap tail lure from a gentleman that I have been trying to figure out who it was made by?

ProfessorM 12-18-2017 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome home Bob.

ProfessorM 12-18-2017 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had this great picture framed and matted that Bob took of Steve and I in our tin boats off Sandy Neck hanging on the wall.

saltfly 12-19-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 1133708)
Welcome home Bob.

Thanks;The new "tin can" is at my sisters in Pembroke awaiting moving all the treasures to be moved out of the way in the garage and into their rightful places in the house& shop.7 minute drive to launch in Bass Hole.I'll be baaaaaaack out there.

ProfessorM 12-19-2017 12:15 PM

Awesome. Look forward to bumping into you.

hardcore from shore 12-23-2017 10:49 PM

Always enjoyed Steve when he spoke at MSBA. Know a lot of guys who agreed he was great and fished with him.. Wish I could have fished with him too. It was on my bucket list. Use this as a reminder to be the best person you can be and to fish with lot's of folks so you can not say you missed the chance. Time flies, life takes quick turns.
Bill