Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2018 Fish Caught on Wood - Plugs that is! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93818)

Dave Peros 06-13-2018 11:21 AM

2018 Fish Caught on Wood - Plugs that is!

I realize this may be posted elsewhere in this forum, but I know it's not in the Plug Making forum, so here goes: Anyone catching on wood plugs, ones they made or bought? Lots of posts about fish on pogies, but what about plugs?
Heck, at this point, I'd even take a picture of a bass that the Professor caught on a Magic Swimmer!:jump:

Rappin Mikey 06-13-2018 12:55 PM

All mine this year have come on either plastic, rubber, or wood. Unfortunately, my river run came to an early end this year due to lack of water. I'm heading to the Cape this weekend though. Hopefully I'll have some pics of some nice fish on Salty's needles (my go to outer Cape plug)

Guppy 06-13-2018 04:29 PM

I’m trying, even using one of PM’s plugs..

numbskull 06-13-2018 07:55 PM

I'm no longer able to upload images for some reason that is beyond me.

Slipknot 07-17-2018 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another fish of many on my Numbskull darter a while back

I had a 30 pounder on a surf asylum needle but did not get a picture since I weighed it with my boga I wanted to revive it quicker.

JLH 07-17-2018 01:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a fish from earlier this year caught on a giant jointed surface swimmer that I came up with over the winter. This was the first fish that I caught on the new plug and a nice confidence booster. I've had a few other nice fish on the surface version since this one but nothing landed yet on the diving version. Before the season started I would have put money on the diver being the more productive of the two variations I built so it just goes to show that the fish have the only opinion that matters.

piemma 07-19-2018 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Peros (Post 1144499)
I realize this may be posted elsewhere in this forum, but I know it's not in the Plug Making forum, so here goes: Anyone catching on wood plugs, ones they made or bought? Lots of posts about fish on pogies, but what about plugs?
Heck, at this point, I'd even take a picture of a bass that the Professor caught on a Magic Swimmer!:jump:

Haven't fish this year but last year my 2.5oz white metal lip swimmer was killer in Narr Bay around schools of pogies. They would take it over a live pogy.

ProfessorM 07-19-2018 11:52 AM

Nice one. Congrats J.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

BigFish 07-22-2018 09:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
FishChick and I took some nice largemouth this week on the "Mayhem Minnow"!

shadow 07-25-2018 07:43 PM

Weird year very slow for one and cut back big time on my outings most years deep diving metal lips have out produced every thing including eels this year eels seem to have an edge . I did manage a 34# bass on an eel skin billy D deep pikie

pbadad 07-26-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow (Post 1147449)
Weird year very slow for one and cut back big time on my outings most years deep diving metal lips have out produced every thing including eels this year eels seem to have an edge . I did manage a 34# bass on an eel skin billy D deep pikie

That's great J. Have u fished the jointed yet? I've been fishing a couple times. Eelskin needle produce. Made a slim mid diving plug to skin. Its called "stick". Swam nice but no love yet. Designed to use a mid size eel , say 16" or so. Mind u i only been out twice .

PaulS 07-28-2018 02:22 PM

Kevin striper swiper gave me a yellow Danny he made. Had a 44 " on it this morning

pbadad 07-29-2018 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1147722)
Kevin striper swiper gave me a yellow Danny he made. Had a 44 " on it this morning

Nice going Paul. No love on the "Blood moon" east.