Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Recommendations on a Toyota Dealer on the South Shore or in the Great Boston Area (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=81481)

luds 03-15-2013 07:06 AM

Recommendations on a Toyota Dealer on the South Shore or in the Great Boston Area

Anyone have any recommendations on a Toyota dealer they particularly like? About to retire my F150 to dump struck status and move into a Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot. Have a couple places in mind for Honda but I'm clueless on dealers for Toyota.

PRBuzz 03-15-2013 07:18 AM

Copeland in Brockton
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Sea Dangles 03-15-2013 07:47 AM

Luds,my neighbors wife is selling a highlander.....looks cherry.Let me know if you want details.

fishbones 03-15-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRBuzz (Post 989266)
Copeland in Brockton

And if you want to compare models, there's a Honda dealer next door to Copeland.

Swimmer 03-15-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRBuzz (Post 989266)
Copeland in Brockton

My wife has been very happy with her purchase and service from Copeland Toyota. I just happened to buy from Rouite 44 Toyota in Raynham and have been very pleased there.

BigBo 03-15-2013 09:36 AM

I got my first Tacoma from Copeland and was very happy with them and the deal I got. That was when they had the old dealership on Main St.
I went back there when I was ready for another and I found them not so pleasant to deal with and also not able to get as good a deal as I did at McGee in Hanover.

buckman 03-15-2013 09:57 AM

Tufankjian in Braintree. The service department is fantastic

fishsmith 03-15-2013 10:30 AM

Tufankjian in Braintree - getting in and out of that area blows but that is a nice place

McGee in Hanover is a good place, we bought a used Honda Odyssey there (the lame van kind, not the cool ORV :) )

Moses 03-15-2013 11:22 AM

Bought my 2005 Tacoma at McGee - overall good experience.

Bought my 2009 Tacoma at Boch - good price but very hectic Sales process.

I work near Boch and live near rte 44 and have service provided by both. Rte 44 has been great & very accommodating and Boch service is very convenient.

Bronko 03-15-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moses (Post 989343)
Bought my 2005 Tacoma at McGee - overall good experience.

Bought my 2009 Tacoma at Boch - good price but very hectic Sales process.

I work near Boch and live near rte 44 and have service provided by both. Rte 44 has been great & very accommodating and Boch service is very convenient.

I bought my 2009 tacoma at Boch as well. Best Price without a doubt, I really shooped around. But the usual "Let me talk with my manager" song and dance for a while. Eventually worked out.

m+mhammer 03-15-2013 05:06 PM

Recommendations on a toyota dealer

I always shop 2 or 3 dealers. Best deals I made were from boch south in north attleboro. Go for the 0% interest. I believe the trucks have it now. Good luck with it. Mike. P. S. don't be afraid to walk away. And add tour sales tax into the deal if they have the 0% interest.

GregW 03-15-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luds (Post 989264)
Anyone have any recommendations on a Toyota dealer they particularly like? About to retire my F150 to dump struck status and move into a Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot. Have a couple places in mind for Honda but I'm clueless on dealers for Toyota.

I don't have any experience with Toyota, but I am assuming you are asking about the best place to purchase a new vehicle?

I think the best approach, (if you already know the vehicle and options you want), is to contact all the local dealers via email or phone and get them to give you their best price. Email is easiest because it is quick and easy to follow up and let them know you got a better price. At that point you have them trying to beat each other's offer.

luds 03-16-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregW (Post 989439)
I don't have any experience with Toyota, but I am assuming you are asking about the best place to purchase a new vehicle?

I think the best approach, (if you already know the vehicle and options you want), is to contact all the local dealers via email or phone and get them to give you their best price. Email is easiest because it is quick and easy to follow up and let them know you got a better price. At that point you have them trying to beat each other's offer.

Thanks Everyone and Greg I definitely agree with your approach. I am going to hit a couple dealers before going down this road to test drive first because I've never been in either vehicle.

gf2020 03-20-2013 09:29 PM

Not on the South Shore but Acton Toyota in Littleton is hands down the best Toyota dealer in the Greater Boston area. I drive past 2 other Toyota dealers to do business there. Bought my 2010 Tundra and my wife's 2012 Highlander there and now looking at a used Camry for my kids. They are totally no nonsense, most deals are a straight $500 below invoice, take off any applicable rebates and away you go.

The Dad Fisherman 03-21-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gf2020 (Post 990440)
Not on the South Shore but Acton Toyota in Littleton is hands down the best Toyota dealer in the Greater Boston area. I drive past 2 other Toyota dealers to do business there. Bought my 2010 Tundra and my wife's 2012 Highlander there and now looking at a used Camry for my kids. They are totally no nonsense, most deals are a straight $500 below invoice, take off any applicable rebates and away you go.

I was just there on Saturday, getting ready to ditch the truck and looking at the Rav4's.

gf2020 03-21-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 990449)
I was just there on Saturday, getting ready to ditch the truck and looking at the Rav4's.

:kewl:

A buddy of mine who also lives in Georgetown bought his new Sequoia at Acton bcause he did not want to deal with Jaffarian or Ira.