Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   StriperTalk! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can I get a good deal on a last minute Cape Cod home rental? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=91811)

Jim in CT 02-06-2017 02:55 PM

Can I get a good deal on a last minute Cape Cod home rental?

So we usually go camping for a week in Eastham in June. It has been great, thanks in part to all the great tips I get here.

Well, my mother-in-law recently mentioned that while she is happy we like camping, she misses vacationing with us. Since she is NOT staying in a little camper with us, I was thinking of renting a 4/5 bedroom house in that area.

I looked at the usual websites, and there are a ton of houses available in mid/late June. Problem is, I don't know when school will get out because of snow days. I'd like to get out there as early as possible.

If I want until April to book, I am wondering if I can leverage a good deal by finding a homeowner who realizes that it's either me renting the house for less than the posted rate, or the house sits vacant for the week.

Anyone ever done that? Wondering what my chances are. I will likely try it regardless, just wondering if anyone has any insight.

JohnR 02-06-2017 07:07 PM

No insider knowledge but I expect there will still be stuff available - just not sure you will save a lot...

Jim in CT 02-07-2017 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1116438)
No insider knowledge but I expect there will still be stuff available - just not sure you will save a lot...

Thanks.

There is a TON of inventory, lots of nice 4br houses. Hoping that if I email 10 owners, a month before the trip, and offer each $500 - $750 less than posted rate, that someone will take a reduced rent rather than letting it sit vacant. They're still making money, right? Hoping to save enough to pay for a trip on the Beth Ann to live line macks with my kids.

WESTPORTMAFIA 02-07-2017 08:24 PM

Check home away if you haven't already. Email from there. Do it now and don't wait until last minute. We found a house in Bradenton FL which was owned and operated by the owner who is a realtor. She owns her multiple properties for rent with no mortgages and maintains them herself. By doing that she offers her 5 star properties for a fraction of the cost. We didn't ask for a discount because it was already 30% less than similar homes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rappin Mikey 02-09-2017 10:13 AM

I got a line on a Welfleet house in late August 1300$

Jim in CT 02-10-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rappin Mikey (Post 1116594)
I got a line on a Welfleet house in late August 1300$

Thanks e need to go late June, which is why there is a TON of inventory, which is why I am hoping I can command a very good deal.