Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Illegal Mexican (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94235)

Sea Dangles 09-25-2018 05:19 PM

Illegal Mexican

Did anyone notice the story about the attack on the fishing boat off Nantucket? Another unwelcome guest of ours has imperiled hard workers.

Raider Ronnie 09-25-2018 07:57 PM

Nothing to see here, just move along and wait for the next female sexual assault victim to crawl out from the Soros rock.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe 09-25-2018 08:44 PM

Bad hombres everywhere !

Got Stripers 09-25-2018 09:00 PM

We highly educated people know it’s only those damn illegals killing, raping and stealing.

wdmso 09-26-2018 04:01 AM

guy kills wife in mansfield shoots her in the face starts manhunt But since he was born here it changes things ?

UK tourist killed in robbery attempt guess he should have stayed Home

Sea Dangles 09-26-2018 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1151932)
We highly educated people know it’s only those damn illegals killing, raping and steeling.

Educated people don’t write steeling.

Sea Dangles 09-26-2018 05:44 AM

Wayne,we deported this person once already for his crimes but he got back somehow. Don’t you think a wall would have saved a life? His shipmates just wanted to fish.

RIROCKHOUND 09-26-2018 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1151948)
Wayne,we deported this person once already for his crimes but he got back somehow. Don’t you think a wall would have saved a life? His shipmates just wanted to fish.

Who hired him? What will be the penalty for that?

This is a microcosm of the larger issue.

The main reason no one in government is serious about this, is both sides see some benefit from this issue. Politically it is a football for both sides, and big agriculture and other industries don't want to see the issue pushed too far to remove their labor pool.

Sea Dangles 09-26-2018 06:03 AM

The penalty for hiring this person may end up with more consequences than the killing itself.

scottw 09-26-2018 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1151949)
Who hired him? What will be the penalty for that?

This is a microcosm of the larger issue.

The main reason no one in government is serious about this, is both sides see some benefit from this issue. Politically it is a football for both sides, and big agriculture and other industries don't want to see the issue pushed too far to remove their labor pool.

so you think it's the employer's fault that he snuck back in to the country after being deported and committed murder?

if the democrats aren't going to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants/immigration....why should employers?

RIROCKHOUND 09-26-2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1151952)
so you think it's the employer's fault that he snuck back in to the country after being deported and committed murder?

if the democrats aren't going to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants/immigration....why should employers?

I think it is the employers fault if they hired him as an illegal. He didn’t swim to the f-ing boat to kill the guy.

scottw 09-26-2018 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1151953)
I think it is the employers fault if they hired him as an illegal. He didn’t swim to the f-ing boat to kill the guy.

that's stupid

I think it's the democrats fault for encouraging an atmosphere where people feel they can cross the border illegally even after being deported and find work with employers who put him on the boat

RIROCKHOUND 09-26-2018 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1151954)
that's stupid

It is stupid that employers should have to verify an employee’s status?

To be clear, I am not blaming the employer for the murder, but for hiring him as an illegal...

Got Stripers 09-26-2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1151947)
Educated people don’t write steeling.

And petty people don’t appreciate I’m on a tablet without cheaters on, but good for you taking the high road.

scottw 09-26-2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1151955)

this is racist

scottw 09-26-2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

are you denying undocumented citizens the right to work and support their families???

RIROCKHOUND 09-26-2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1151957)
this is racist

Stop trolling. Go chase some allies.

scottw 09-26-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1151959)
Stop trolling. Go chase some allies.

I love you too :cheers:

RIROCKHOUND 09-26-2018 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1151958)
are you denying undocumented citizens the right to work and support their families???

I am in favor of a path forward with work visas. This sounds like a cash deal for the crew member under the table for the boat...

I am also pointing out the immense hypocrisy that exists about this issue.

Nebe 09-26-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1151948)

You are smoking crack if you think a wall will keep these people out. Sure it will keep some out , but the people that will benefit the most are the contractors that build it.

JohnR 09-26-2018 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1151949)

But Trump Admin is pushing for stricter enforcement of immigration (BTW - something that might have prevented this guy coming back)

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1151954)
I think it's the democrats fault for encouraging an atmosphere where people feel they can cross the border illegally even after being deported and find work with employers who put him on the boat

^^^

Quote:

In places that have E-Verify, yes. Strange that Progressives keep fighting or removing those provisions

Sea Dangles 09-26-2018 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1151962)
You are smoking crack if you think a wall will keep these people out. Sure it will keep some out , but the people that will benefit the most are the contractors that build it.

So should I close my eyes and wish them back to Mexico?

Perhaps just wait for them to observe the laws.....

Sea Dangles 09-26-2018 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1151956)
And petty people don’t appreciate I’m on a tablet without cheaters on, but good for you taking the high road.

Just pointing out the irony of your statement. Ha, I am lost without my cheeters.

DZ 09-26-2018 07:41 AM

Mass is only Mandatory E-Verify for state agencies.
If it was mandatory for all employers he may have been caught before this.

JohnR 09-26-2018 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DZ (Post 1151969)
Mass is only Mandatory E-Verify for state agencies.
If it was mandatory for all employers he may have been caught before this.

Good thing all those politicians got E-Verify's back

RIROCKHOUND 09-26-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1151965)
In places that have E-Verify, yes. Strange that Progressives keep fighting or removing those provisions

And I can disagree with them on this, and think e-Verify should be phased in as mandatory.

spence 09-26-2018 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1151965)

I think the answer needs to be comprehensive reform, not more band-aids.

scottw 09-26-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND (Post 1151961)

I am in favor of a path forward with work visas. ...

I'm sure that everyone currently here illegally as well as all of those planning to come here illegally in would support you on this

Pete F. 09-26-2018 09:47 AM

Do you think any of the illegal workers prefer the current non system to being able to go to the border, present their work visa, get on a bus or drive their car, work for a while, go home to visit and come back.
They don't come here because they can't find work here, they can find it.
The other question is why corporate america employs cheap immigrant labor.
You could look at the dairy industry where we have more and more large farms that need cheap labor to make their model work because we don't control prices, meanwhile Canada sets a dairy price and small farms can be profitable, they don't have to bring in cheap workers.
Farmers have relocated to Canada from the US because they can have a profitable small farm.
Meanwhile in the US we have fewer and larger farms but no fewer cows.

detbuch 09-26-2018 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1151982)
Do you think any of the illegal workers prefer the current non system to being able to go to the border, present their work visa, get on a bus or drive their car, work for a while, go home to visit and come back.
They don't come here because they can't find work here, they can find it.
The other question is why corporate america employs cheap immigrant labor.
You could look at the dairy industry where we have more and more large farms that need cheap labor to make their model work because we don't control prices, meanwhile Canada sets a dairy price and small farms can be profitable, they don't have to bring in cheap workers.
Farmers have relocated to Canada from the US because they can have a profitable small farm.
Meanwhile in the US we have fewer and larger farms but no fewer cows.

Price controls lead to higher prices. Canadians pay more for milk and dairy products than Americans. Price control also depends on high tariffs against foreign dairy products. The Tariffs not only eliminate the competition which could severely hurt Canadian dairy farmers, but they constrict the quantity and variety of dairy products, including cheese able to be sold to Canadian consumers. And the small Canadian farms have actually greatly decreased. The Canadian dairy cartel protects its existing members from competition, so the idea that American dairy farmers can easily move their farms to Canada is not viable for many. Both American and Canadian small dairy farmers have lost numbers to larger mechanized producers who are the greater threat to the small farms.

So if you think price controls and tariffs rather than free market are the way to go, be prepared for high prices, limited quantity and variety and lack of competition. Which all, of course, lead to the larger, more efficient farm models--you know, the corporatist model that you don't like.

Here's a negative Canadian view:
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/w...and-cheese-867