Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Kayaking (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Labor Day Weekend "Scramble"??? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=73067)

BigFish 08-30-2011 07:59 PM

Labor Day Weekend "Scramble"???

Just talking with "Kenny"......thinking Saturday morning might be great for a "Scramble"???? I will check tides and such to see where might be a good spot! Are any of you "Yak Rats" interested????? Come on guys!!!!:gh:

ecduzitgood 08-31-2011 06:06 AM

Wish I could but have to work Fri., Sat and Sun overnight security :(. Stay safe and good luck.

BigFish 08-31-2011 04:20 PM

Details later tonight! Kenny you in??:uhuh: Steady Eddie/Tagger???

BigFish 08-31-2011 05:34 PM

Duxbury or Hull???? Thoughts??

The Dad Fisherman 08-31-2011 07:30 PM

Hey Larry, Me and Tagger are gonna head out Friday night and do some night time yakking in Hull if anyone else is interested....

BigFish 08-31-2011 07:36 PM

Thanks Kev......love to go but I don't have it in me right now. Good luck to you guys though!:uhuh:

blondterror 08-31-2011 09:22 PM

I would join you Larry but I am in Maine this weekend...

BigFish 09-01-2011 06:58 PM

Seas 3-5 Friday night....4-6 Saturday! Looks like canal fishing or freshwater yakking for me!

FishermanTim 09-06-2011 11:58 AM

I spent the weekend up in NH on the NE shores of Winnipesaukee.
Took out the yak on Sunday and although I didn't catch a lot of fish, I did catch some real beasts.
Sunday I got a 3-4 lb. largemouth and a 5+ lb. smallmouth and got to see a lot of pickerel near-misses.

Monday my brother took us out on his pontoon boat for a little tubing and fishing (not at the same time).
While the kids and other adults used dillies to get perch and sunnies I used rubber worms and got 1-2 lb. bass.

And then the skies opened up.........

Boy, driving home last night was quite an adventure.
From Exit 22 (rte 93) to the tolls on Everett Turnpike (Rte 3) it was pouring and I mean POURING the entire distance!

Now I can relax, and when this day is done I will not have to think about work until NEXT Friday!!!!!

Rockport24 09-06-2011 01:47 PM

A 5lb smallie is a damn nice fish dood!

I stayed out of the kayak this weekend because the wind was up!

FishermanTim 09-06-2011 02:46 PM

It was funny because the weather forecast during the week called for "a chance of rain/thunder" for the whole weekend yet it only rained late Sunday night and Monday afternoon. Saturday and Sunday daytime? I have the sunburnt legs to prove how wrong they were! (not too burnt, as I came back in to shore once the fog burnt off.)

Now I just need to pick where and when I will be going for the next 9 days!!!!! There will be some fresh and some salt and hopefully a couple days of both (wind will be the deciding factor).