Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Clemens found not guilty on all charges (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=78066)

Saltheart 06-18-2012 04:20 PM

Clemens found not guilty on all charges

Roger Clemens has been cleared of all charges relating to his testamony about stearoid/HGH use.

Will it make a difference to fans? Will it make a difference to MLB and his eventual entry into the HOF?

The federal government admits to spending 2 to 3 million to prosecute him unsuccessfully. My guess is it spent 10 times that. What a waste.

basswipe 06-18-2012 04:39 PM

This is the kind of crap that just makes me lose confidence in just about everything.But then again we had OJ and Casey Anthony too,hell for that matter maybe Sandusky will skate also.

ProfessorM 06-18-2012 05:03 PM

IMO I still think he is dirty and will go down as a pitcher in the steroid era where there were probably many in that boat.

BigFish 06-18-2012 05:44 PM

I know I couldn't care less.....too many other things in my life renting space in my head these days!!!!

Sea Dangles 06-18-2012 09:21 PM

Must be a lot of empty space up there still.

Raven 06-18-2012 09:56 PM

I think every American should taking performance enhancing
something.... mental or Physical...... un ban everything!

BigFish 06-19-2012 02:01 PM

Room for you SD!!! :rotf2:

Raven 06-19-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFish (Post 944893)
...too many other things in my life renting space in my head these days!!!!

is the first month free?

Squid kids Dad 06-19-2012 06:15 PM

Still dirty..Always will be

The Dad Fisherman 06-20-2012 05:29 AM

I don't think any player with the "stink" of steroids on him is making it into the HOF.....but I'll probably be wrong about that. :wall:

and he wasn't found not guilty of taking Steroids....he was found not guilty of lying under oath

BigBo 06-20-2012 05:52 AM

All a waste of $2-3 mil of tax payer money.

spence 06-20-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBo (Post 945149)
All a waste of $2-3 mil of tax payer money.

I thought it was more like 10-12?

Reading about the case it was a joke that shouldn't have ever been. The flip side is I doubt we're going to see any Fed investigations on steroids in professional sports for a looong time.

-spence

BigBo 06-20-2012 06:43 AM

It may have been more for all I know. I do know they have spent ridiculous amounts of money chasing Clemens and several others. I thought it was 2-3 mil just for the Clemens case.
Whatever the amount, they made their point a long time ago and they can stop the witch hunt now IMO.

Saltheart 06-20-2012 07:48 AM

At the time , using steroids /HGH was not prohibited in baseball. So admitting to its use had no legal repercussions. here's a guy who risked it all by testifying under oath that he didn't do it. he did not have to testify and there was no penalty for admitting the use. So why would he have stuck his neck out so far?

On the other hand , his sudden performance gain after going to Toronto makes you wonder what did he do?

Interesting set of facts. :)

As far as HOF goes , you will have to keep out almost a whole generation of the leagues best if you disqualify people for steroid use which , again , was not prohibited at the time.

Raven 06-20-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltheart (Post 945160)

his sudden performance gain after going to Toronto makes you wonder what did he do?

Better weed in Toronto :jester::rotflmao:

The Dad Fisherman 06-20-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saltheart (Post 945160)
As far as HOF goes , you will have to keep out almost a whole generation of the leagues best if you disqualify people for steroid use which , again , was not prohibited at the time.

We'll find out next year...Bonds and Clemens are both eligible for induction.

and if they weren't involved in the steroid issue they would be unanimous 1st ballot inductees with the numbers they have.

Saltheart 06-20-2012 03:25 PM

I don't think anybody says he was juicing while with the RedSox and that part of his career alone would qualify him for the HOF. I think he and all the suspected juicers get in since there was no ban against it at the time they were or were not doing it.

The Dad Fisherman 06-21-2012 04:57 AM

There are already writers who have said they will not vote for somebody who's a Juicer....

Likle I said...we'll see next year.