Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   The Pandemic of 1917 Ended WW2 (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96780)

RickBomba 08-11-2020 09:19 AM

The Pandemic of 1917 Ended WW2

That line was almost as good as when he talked about planes in the Battle of Logan Airport during the Revolutionary War.

Pete F. 08-11-2020 09:34 AM

He is declining daily. Did you see how slow he was to respond when Secret Service came to him. His gait is terrible! He is very unsteady on his feet. I really don't know why Kellyanne keeps putting in front of the camera. She is a smart woman, she sees the shape he is in. Pitiful

Pete F. 08-11-2020 10:33 AM

"George Washington would have had a hard time beating me before the plague came in,"President Trump tells Hugh Hewitt.

Jim in CT 08-11-2020 11:21 AM

it’s an unbelievably stupid thing to say.

is it worse than Biden guaranteeing that cancer will be cured if he gets elected?

when you focus on all the bad things one candidate does, and you ignore all the bad things the other candidate does, i admit that paints a lopsided picture. but is it an honest picture?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT 08-11-2020 11:26 AM

it’s an unbelievably stupid thing to say.

is it worse than Biden guaranteeing that cancer will be cured if he gets elected?

when you focus on all the bad things one candidate does, and you ignore all the bad things the other candidate does, i admit that paints a lopsided picture. but is it an honest picture?

wdmso 08-11-2020 11:28 AM

The US is weighing new rules that would temporarily bar US citizens and legal residents from entering the US to control a surge in coronavirus cases.

But we cant get Trump to have a federal mask mandate

Jim in CT 08-11-2020 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1198637)
The US is weighing new rules that would temporarily bar US citizens and legal residents from entering the US to control a surge in coronavirus cases.

But we cant get Trump to have a federal mask mandate

newsflash...international travel is a federal issue. wearing masks can easily be accomplished by the states. trump has advised wearing masks.

RickBomba 08-11-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1198638)
newsflash...international travel is a federal issue. wearing masks can easily be accomplished by the states. trump has advised wearing masks.

“The buck stops here.”
-Harry Truman

“Nobody likes me.”
-DJT

Wonder why?

detbuch 08-11-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickBomba (Post 1198641)
“The buck stops here.”
-Harry Truman

“Nobody likes me.”
-DJT

Wonder why?

"If you have haters, you must be doing something right"

Pete F. 08-11-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1198647)
"If you have haters, you must be doing something right"

Put that quote in context and you'll see that it really fits Tweety

In an interview to promote a new restaurant he’s opening, Haynesworth told the Knoxville News that he sees all the criticism he takes as a positive sign.

“When you’re successful a lot of people are going to come after you. . . . A lot of people call it haters,” Haynesworth said. “If you’ve got haters, that means you’re doing something right.”

Of course, there may be other reasons for people to dislike Haynesworth. Like stepping on an opponent’s helmetless head while wearing cleats. Or inappropriately touching a waitress. Or seriously injuring someone while driving recklessly. Or giving up on his team during games. Or showing up to training camp out of shape.

Or maybe Haynesworth is right, and everyone just hates him because he’s successful.

Jim in CT 08-11-2020 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickBomba (Post 1198641)
“The buck stops here.”
-Harry Truman

“Nobody likes me.”
-DJT

Wonder why?

So even in things that aren't the responsibility of the POTUS, the buck stops with him?

tin foil hat time.

detbuch 08-11-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1198650)
Put that quote in context and you'll see that it really fits Tweety

In an interview to promote a new restaurant he’s opening, Haynesworth told the Knoxville News that he sees all the criticism he takes as a positive sign.

“When you’re successful a lot of people are going to come after you. . . . A lot of people call it haters,” Haynesworth said. “If you’ve got haters, that means you’re doing something right.”

Of course, there may be other reasons for people to dislike Haynesworth. Like stepping on an opponent’s helmetless head while wearing cleats. Or inappropriately touching a waitress. Or seriously injuring someone while driving recklessly. Or giving up on his team during games. Or showing up to training camp out of shape.

Or maybe Haynesworth is right, and everyone just hates him because he’s successful.

Probably.

spence 08-11-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1198653)
So even in things that aren't the responsibility of the POTUS, the buck stops with him?

tin foil hat time.

That's leadership.

RickBomba 08-12-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1198653)

tin foil hat time.

The buck has never stopped with Trumbo.

Story of his life.
Deny
Deny
Deny

Hehehe

Got Stripers 08-12-2020 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickBomba (Post 1198765)
The buck has never stopped with Trumbo.

Story of his life.
Deny
Deny
Deny

Hehehe

It’s more like
Obama
Obama
Obama

RickBomba 08-12-2020 06:10 PM