Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Boat Fishing & Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Mixed bag Day (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94124)

wdmso 09-03-2018 10:11 AM

Mixed bag Day

1 Attachment(s)
Took a friend out yesterday who is legally blind .. My plan was getting him on some smaller blues casting a tin which we found. he has a tendency just to winch away which wasn't an issue with the smaller blues then did some bottom fishing were he limited out 3 nice black sea bass next figured easy tube and worm for bit Marked some fish and the tube gets crushed while he has the rod with a 13lb Blue a Fantastic way to end the day...

PS one boat was getting the Blues to blast bone color doc's ... sadly I left mine at home

scottw 09-03-2018 11:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
that's a fun fish...I thought I spotted you off Newport yesterday..we started with sea bass and short fluke not seeing much on the surface anywhere other than some small bass briefly...found a cove stacked with bait and hung out for a bit...the bones found the bait eventually and pounded them through the morning tide...I ended up with bass, blues, bonito and scup on fly rod and we ended up with a cooler full of bonito...heaven for a shore guy like me...crazy to be out there on a holiday weekend and the only other boats fishing around us were two kayaks, one guy spear fishing and another casting at them and who caught his first bonito...it was hilarious to hear him screaming along with his drag...the spearfishing guy said he got one which must have been a great shot

wdmso 09-03-2018 12:29 PM

I never made past 2nd beach ,,, think most of the boats i saw stayed on the big schools of blues inside the river , at noon when i headed back it was all 30, 40ft yachts heading out .. those guys dont get up early

RIROCKHOUND 09-04-2018 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1150137)
Took a friend out yesterday who is legally blind .. My plan was getting him on some smaller blues casting a tin which we found. he has a tendency just to winch away which wasn't an issue with the smaller blues then did some bottom fishing were he limited out 3 nice black sea bass next figured easy tube and worm for bit Marked some fish and the tube gets crushed while he has the rod with a 13lb Blue a Fantastic way to end the day...

PS one boat was getting the Blues to blast bone color doc's ... sadly I left mine at home

Nice.
Did a similar thing yesterday. Took a colleague out front. Had bluefish grabbing the sea bass jigs, but nothing on top. Kept a handful of better sea bass and released a ton of other legal and shorts.
Made a couple of quick drifts on the way in for two decent fluke and a short (in this picture is a 25"). Fresh fluke is a nice bonus for this time of year.

Sea Dangles 09-04-2018 02:26 PM

They are in good Bryan.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device