Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Classifieds (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   WTS: Lamiglas S-glass spinning rod (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=76768)

Mike P 03-26-2012 10:23 PM

WTS: Lamiglas S-glass spinning rod

3 Attachment(s)
Rod is built on a SSB 132 2F blank, cut about 10" from the butt. Overall length ~10-1/2'. This is probably the best pencil popper blank ever made. The 2F is not an ultra fast rod, despite Lamiglas labeling it as a fast action blank. It's a parabolic rod with a lot of power in the butt section. It was also built by Bobby Tutorello, but lacks his trademark butt wrap. The blank was fished once. It's another old-school build with a mix of Perfection wire and Fuji Hardaloy guides.

Pick-up only. Will meet in SE Mass or at M&Ds. Asking $125.

Attachment 51362

Attachment 51363

Attachment 51364

mackenzie 03-27-2012 02:24 PM

I'm interested if it's still available. I could p/u this weekend at the canal. Just let me know where and when. Now if I could find a Mitchell 496 and pick up some 20 lb. stren to go on it I would be a happy guy. Dave.

Mike P 03-27-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackenzie (Post 929577)
I'm interested if it's still available. I could p/u this weekend at the canal. Just let me know where and when. Now if I could find a Mitchell 496 and pick up some 20 lb. stren to go on it I would be a happy guy. Dave.

It's available. I'm going to be going down to Long Island on Saturday for the Bruins game. Sunday afternoon will be OK. I can meet you anywhere on the Canal--I live in Bournedale. Or I can meet you at M&Ds.

piemma 03-28-2012 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackenzie (Post 929577)

Now that's retro. I just threw away a ton of 20# Stren that was 10 years old. Kept in the basement and it was still fine but there are much better monos available today.

Chunkah 03-28-2012 09:05 AM

That rod would have been perfect paired up with one of my greenie's....sorry I was late catching the post.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

mackenzie 03-28-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 929649)
It's available. I'm going to be going down to Long Island on Saturday for the Bruins game. Sunday afternoon will be OK. I can meet you anywhere on the Canal--I live in Bournedale. Or I can meet you at M&Ds.

Is the parking lot by the east end basin entrance near the fish market OK? I could get there about 1 P.M. Driving a gold Infinity SUV.

mackenzie 03-28-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 929657)
Now that's retro. I just threw away a ton of 20# Stren that was 10 years old. Kept in the basement and it was still fine but there are much better monos available today.

Too many choices for rods/reels/lines/plugs. I read all about different set-ups, actions, braid vs. mono,etc. and my eyes glaze over. Would like to get back to the set up I used in the 70's. I can catch just as few fish now as I did then. Glass rod-mono-Gibb's pencil.

Mike P 03-28-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackenzie (Post 929893)
Is the parking lot by the east end basin entrance near the fish market OK? I could get there about 1 P.M. Driving a gold Infinity SUV.

That works for me. I live basically across the Canal from there. Give me about a half hour of leeway on the time, as we usually have brunch around 12:30 on Sundays.

mackenzie 03-29-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 929922)
That works for me. I live basically across the Canal from there. Give me about a half hour of leeway on the time, as we usually have brunch around 12:30 on Sundays.

I'll see you there. Don't rush your brunch on my account. I enjoy just watching the water. Dave.

piemma 03-29-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mackenzie (Post 929894)
Too many choices for rods/reels/lines/plugs. I read all about different set-ups, actions, braid vs. mono,etc. and my eyes glaze over. Would like to get back to the set up I used in the 70's. I can catch just as few fish now as I did then. Glass rod-mono-Gibb's pencil.

Dave, if you are going to stick with mono go with Ande Back Country. It is the best on the market today. You may have to look for it though as no one advertises it.

tattoobob 03-29-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 930108)
Dave, if you are going to stick with mono go with Ande Back Country. It is the best on the market today. You may have to look for it though as no one advertises it.

I have got it twice at fisherman's headquarters

Mike P 03-29-2012 04:36 PM

Bring a reel, and you can try it out.

mackenzie 03-29-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piemma (Post 930108)

Thanks-I'll try and hunt some down.

mackenzie 03-29-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 930153)
Bring a reel, and you can try it out.

See you sunday.