Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Classifieds (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Shimano Torium 20--trade for a surf rod? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=56001)

jkjnp 03-18-2009 01:41 PM

Shimano Torium 20--trade for a surf rod?

3 Attachment(s)
I have a Shimano Torium 20 that I'm considering getting rid of. Seeing as how I anticipate doing more surf fishing this year, I'd be interested in making a trade for a used surf rod.

The reel is 3 seasons old and in pretty good condition. Well maintained.

If I were to sell it I'd be looking to get $100 for it so I'd be looking for a rod with similar value...

Anyone interested?

Raider Ronnie 03-18-2009 04:32 PM

Where you located.
I want the reel.
I'm in Wrentham Ma.

freebie 03-18-2009 07:29 PM

what are you looking to do with the rod, have a couple I could trade possibly, some lamis a Tica, Tsunami, maybe a pakage deal, conv. or spinning?

jkjnp 03-18-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 674837)
Where you located.
I want the reel.
I'm in Wrentham Ma.

Ronnie- You were the first to respond, do you just want to buy the reel? I think at this point I'm looking to make a trade for a rod with similar value...

jkjnp 03-18-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebie (Post 674908)
what are you looking to do with the rod, have a couple I could trade possibly, some lamis a Tica, Tsunami, maybe a pakage deal, conv. or spinning?

Freebie,

I haven't done a lot of surf fishing in my day--mainly fished from a boat... But I'd be looking for a spinning rod. I've got Shimano Spheros that I'd throw on it. I'll likely be slinging eels and some plugs. I just moved from Providence to Boston and want to give the canal a shot...

Do you have any pictures of possibilities?

freebie 03-18-2009 07:54 PM

what size spheros? and I agree with ron getting first shot if he's offering what you want, I have 9' 2 piece lami, would be good for some plugs and eels, not sure on blank though I know it throw 2-3 oz stuff really well rod is mint will trade that if you like, if your looking for a 10' I have a couple lami's I could trade, have to check on what they are, I live in Hull if you'd like to see stuff this weekend

jkjnp 03-18-2009 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freebie (Post 674918)
what size spheros? and I agree with ron getting first shot if he's offering what you want, I have 9' 2 piece lami, would be good for some plugs and eels, not sure on blank though I know it throw 2-3 oz stuff really well rod is mint will trade that if you like, if your looking for a 10' I have a couple lami's I could trade, have to check on what they are, I live in Hull if you'd like to see stuff this weekend

Freebie,

I meant to write Stradic, not spheros. It's a 6000. I think I'd prefer a 10' rod...but to be honest I've got a lot to learn so I'm open to your opinions. I'm giving Ron a call in the am. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Jonas

freebie 03-18-2009 08:30 PM

9' or less for that reel, I use an 8000 on a 9' but a 6 fits good too, sure we can work something out if Ron doesn't
Ryan