Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Trump the authoritarian?? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92215)

wdmso 05-03-2017 05:00 AM

Trump the authoritarian??

Donald Trump: Our country needs a good 'shutdown

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The reason for the plan negotiated between the Republicans and Democrats is that we need 60 votes in the Senate which are not there! We....
9:01 AM - 2 May 2017

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
either elect more Republican Senators in 2018 or change the rules now to 51%. Our country needs a good "shutdown" in September to fix mess!
9:07 AM - 2 May 2017

1st win 2nd hold rallies ( Trump protests) 3rd attack the media
4th attack the educated Elites 5th Change the rules .. 6th give with family members jobs their not qualified for

Jarred responsibilities 1 Middle East peace 2 Government reform/Opioid crisis management 3 Criminal justice reform 4 Liaison to Mexico: 5 Liaison to China 6 Liaison to the Muslim community

you can delegate authority but you can delegate responsibility

and some are focused on Berkley protest as a threat to our way of life ???

The Dad Fisherman 05-03-2017 06:14 AM

Read it 3 times.....still trying to figure out where you're going with this one.

Jim in CT 05-03-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1121262)
Read it 3 times.....still trying to figure out where you're going with this one.

I think he is praising Trump for a job well done.

scottw 05-03-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1121261)

leftist protests/celebrations can be a threat to your physical well being if you happen to be in the area minding your own business .... :huh:

JohnR 05-03-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Communism is a threat to our way of life. These Berkley, ANTIFA, and other Commie protests are just the Useful Idiots dancing to the strings.

Did you know ANTIFA is a descendant of Antifaschistische Aktion, an elderly Communist Anti-Nazi movement from Germany / Europe? They too, are Goosesteppers of an authoritarian bend.

I saw a post the other day that said 50 years from now, in hell, two people will be arguing: "It was the Comey Letter"... "NO! She should have gone to Wisconsin"

We have a lousy President: Trump and we don't have a lousy President: Clinton.

The Dad Fisherman 05-03-2017 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1121273)
We have a lousy President: Trump and we don't have a lousy President: Clinton.

Stated so simply, yet so many can't comprehend that :hihi:

Jim in CT 05-03-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

When one side presumes that the Constitution doesn't apply to those who disagree with them, that is a direct, existential threat to our way of life.

wdmso 05-03-2017 02:56 PM

lets pay attention to the protesters who currently have zero ability or political means to change anything

but be distracted enough to not pay attention to those who Can

JohnR 05-03-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1121303)
lets pay attention to the protesters who currently have zero ability or political means to change anything

I can't not pay attention. A lot of the people protesting are doing so on platforms directly or indirectly supported by the Democratic Party. Had a not-Hillary moderate ran I might have voted for them. Had a Rubio or similar be in at the end I would have voted for him.

In the end I voted not for Trump and not for Hillary but I sure was closer to voting Trump than Hillary. Neither were acceptable and living in RI it did not make a difference anyway.

detbuch 05-22-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1121303)

As JohnR implied, the protesters are a symptom of something much larger--a part of the "big picture" you so often tell us to pay attention to. And it is a big picture which has massive ability to change things, politically and socially. The so-called "protesters" are part of and a symptom of that fundamental transformation you're not noticing. Maybe that's because you apparently choose to pay attention to, or are only capable of paying attention to, one thing at a time. And, I suppose, you choose to pay attention only to that which interests you or supports whatever you want to believe.

But even if you are not paying attention to the fundamental transformation that has Progressively been happening, how do you miss that there is a difference between legitimate protest and the shutting down of someone else's ability and right to speak?

And how do you miss that shutting down the ability to speak is a powerful method and means to implement a political agenda?

detbuch 07-17-2017 10:30 AM

Oh no, Snopes . . . really?

http://www.snopes.com/2017/07/12/trump-lies/