Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Plugfest babies... (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=74668)

Rockfish9 11-30-2011 07:36 AM

Plugfest babies...

3 Attachment(s)
I've been working hard on my plugfest stash( and stuff I need to replace what was lost.. damaged or given away)..

anyone planning to attend plugfest is encouraged to post pictures of what they are working on here to help entice interest and maybe jump start those on the fence...

First pictures are of full sized goo-goo's 8" long... through wired.. 3 ounces made from WRC... I actualy turned these last summer as i ran short on supply.. i just got around to putting hooks on these now..... I'll be making more..( one with black body gold scale and white eye shadow for Salty dogs name on it)

next are medium goo-goo's.. a new build for me.. i wanted something a little smaller but with the same great fish catching ability... i wanted to use the same size lip, so i needed to keep the weight up...after running proto types this fall of WRC...AYC...Mahogany... Pine and Birch... I found the best, most goo-goo like action from tail weighted pine... these are 6 1/2" long and weigh in the vicinity of 2 ounces give or take... and swim ( and catch... i completly destroyed 1 prototype on bass and blues one day break tide last fall) like their big brothers...

Lastly are a trio of Darters. these 4.5 ounce.. 8' LONG.. maple big boys are bigger( heavier) than I normaly use.. where I fish.. the mouth of the river is really the only place with enough current flow to use them.. I made them to fill out my aresenal...mainly for the trip to "M" that I hope to some day make just to expereience what all the fuss is about..

Rockfish9 11-30-2011 07:42 AM

more from the nursery..

2 Attachment(s)
up next are a set of blue streak copies... made from mahogany.. tail weighted... I havent made these since flap passed... I gave him the last "brown bomber" I had made.. so I made these with the big guy in mind..I love these simple plugs.. they troll wel and cast well. and I love them in simple paint...

lastly a picture of the currently "done" group... ther will be plenty more coming in the next few weeks... I've got a bunch of Pinkney style trollers in primer and a dozen lefty remakes in 2 ounce 6" size...

saltydog 11-30-2011 07:52 AM

WOW your fast.just BEAUTIFUL I'm just getting supplies now have to make a run to M&D when Mike gets back. Ive got something for you also BUT will post picks later. thank you :shocked:
GOOD LUCK GOOD BUILDIN :uhuh:

Slipknot 11-30-2011 10:33 AM

Nice Joe :btu:
you don't sleep do you?

can I put in a request for a 2 hook shallow running darter in parrot color please? :D

The Dad Fisherman 11-30-2011 10:37 AM

Time to get down to the man cave and make some trade plugs...

Rockfish9 11-30-2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 904549)
Nice Joe :btu:
you don't sleep do you?

can I put in a request for a 2 hook shallow running darter in parrot color please? :D

Not a heck of alot...
you got it... 2 ounce 6" OK ?

blondterror 11-30-2011 11:07 AM

Nice stuff Joe... esp the big Goo Goos and the maple dartahs... I have a bunch of stuff i made over the fall... already posted... busy making other turned stuff for a church fundraiser this weekend...

Looking forward to PF in a big way..

Slipknot 11-30-2011 11:39 AM

ya ok
make 2 please
I want to put either 4x or 6x vmc 3/0 on them

Rockfish9 11-30-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 904570)
ya ok
make 2 please
I want to put either 4x or 6x vmc 3/0 on them

sure thing.. that's why they are custom..

Rockfish9 11-30-2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondterror (Post 904562)
Nice stuff Joe... esp the big Goo Goos and the maple dartahs... I have a bunch of stuff i made over the fall... already posted... busy making other turned stuff for a church fundraiser this weekend...

Looking forward to PF in a big way..

I've seen what you have been making... some real nice stuff.. good variaty as well..

ProfessorM 11-30-2011 12:27 PM

As always Joe your stuff is beautiful and I am way behind
I cleaned my cellar a little bit last nite. It's a start
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Old Man 11-30-2011 01:09 PM

...ain't run out of thread just yet ...

3 Attachment(s)
.... just remember..... 25 for a signed plug...

...mix n match ...

Old Man 11-30-2011 01:13 PM

...along with the teasers ...

2 Attachment(s)
...are some droppers ...

...and of course a few flags...

...and as you build this winter... my PM still works ...

...hook size or flags and color combinations .....

Old Man aka Bob

UserRemoved1 11-30-2011 06:15 PM

wow

Muskyslayer96 11-30-2011 06:32 PM

Rockfish9,

Those are really AWESOME:jump1:

Very well done, beautiful scale patterns!

MS

new jack 12-02-2011 07:15 PM

Those darters are sweet.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

agsurfr 12-06-2011 06:40 PM

Nice work Rockfish. I am envious, and alas, without talent.

But like I used to tell my parents when they urged me to play a musical instrument, "There has to be listeners, too"

There has to be fishers, of which I am one, also without talent.

Rockfish9 12-28-2011 09:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I added a few more to the finished pile last night...

12 Lefty knock offs 6 in old school scallop paint.. 6 in "pogey".. they have a faint gold scale.. that does not show up in the photo.. i did not want the scale to over power the shdes of purple and silver body..I let the wood grain show through and it looks almost like skin.. I'm pleased with the result.. these are the damn noisest plugs I have ever made...

also i put the finish non 12 Pinkney knock off trollers... I use these plugs alot strickly trolled on wire...these were a "go to" plug when the tide slacked off this year..

tysdad115 12-28-2011 09:44 AM

Beautiful stuff Joe, real nice.

saltydog 12-29-2011 06:54 AM

WOW

JOE---->Lefty knock offs 6 in old school scallop paint:love::love::love:

Old Man DAM you've been BUSSSSSY:uhuh:
GOOD LUCK GOOD BUILDIN

JMAC_kerel 12-29-2011 11:51 AM

Excellent work guys. Can't wait to see up close at plugfest.