Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ol' School Fishing for Dummies slide-card (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=98981)

bloocrab 09-20-2023 08:19 PM

Ol' School Fishing for Dummies slide-card

1 Attachment(s)
Digging thru some old tackle boxes I had laying around....Love finding this old stuff, just hate that it reminds me, I'm gettin' old

This must be the old school version of fishing for dummies...:rotf3:

bloocrab 09-20-2023 08:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Most of these records have been broken I'm sure...

PaulS 09-20-2023 09:26 PM

That is cool. I've never seen anything like that before.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Mike P 09-21-2023 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloocrab (Post 1242409)
Most of these records have been broken I'm sure...

I think George Perry's LMB record still stands, although someone in Japan tied it awhile back. Some guys came close to breaking it out in CA, but I think the extended drought has hurt fishing in the reservoirs.

bloocrab 09-21-2023 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"Largest big mouth bass ever caught
Official Largemouth World Record: George Perry's Undefeated Bass. On June 2nd, 1932, George Perry caught the current world record bass out of Lake Montgomery, an oxbow lake off the Ocmulgee River in southern Georgia. The fish (the whopper) weighed 22 pounds, 4 ounces"

What a WHOPPER!!

bloocrab 09-21-2023 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
"Japanese angler Manabu Kurita shocked the fishing world in 2009 when he joined Crupi and Perry in the 22-pound club. Fishing on Lake Biwa, in central Japan, with a live bluegill, he caught the 22-pound 4.96-ounce largemouth that now shares the all-tackle record with Perry.

IGFA recognized Kurita’s catch after supplementing its usual certification process with a polygraph test administered by Japanese authorities. Though the fish weighed .96 ounces more than Perry’s, IGFA regulations require that new world records weighing 25 pounds or less must weigh at least 2 ounces more than the standing record to claim the title—which is why the record remains a tie."

Hmmmm....not sure how I feel about that.

Mike P 09-22-2023 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloocrab (Post 1242420)
"Japanese angler Manabu Kurita shocked the fishing world in 2009 when he joined Crupi and Perry in the 22-pound club. Fishing on Lake Biwa, in central Japan, with a live bluegill, he caught the 22-pound 4.96-ounce largemouth that now shares the all-tackle record with Perry.

IGFA recognized Kurita’s catch after supplementing its usual certification process with a polygraph test administered by Japanese authorities. Though the fish weighed .96 ounces more than Perry’s, IGFA regulations require that new world records weighing 25 pounds or less must weigh at least 2 ounces more than the standing record to claim the title—which is why the record remains a tie."

Hmmmm....not sure how I feel about that.

That's been the rule for a long time. I think the margin has to be even bigger for fish over 25, which is why Charlie Cinto and Stetzko shared the state record in MA. I think Tony's fish was marginally bigger, but not by enough to break the record.

And with slot limits for the foreseeable future, that record seems safe now.