Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Plugfest 2012 wrap up (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=76372)

nightfighter 03-03-2012 06:06 PM

Plugfest 2012 wrap up

That was fun. I enjoyed the entire day. Seeing friends, old and new, swapping stuff, talking shop, learning. Great day!

I think Ted, the Greek got the long distance award, having come up from Philadelphia area. Top award was won by one of our longer living Marines, and was well deserved. Loaded up on hardware, as Mike and Barb were well stocked. And Felicia came from college, as she didn't want to miss a Plugfest. Can't mention all of you, but I came home with a great collection of plugs,rubber, cod jigs, wood stock, and master blanks. Thank you all for participating. Your skills are truly impressive. I am thankful for the friendships in this community and your generousity with information and plugs.
JohnR and Bruce. You have a really good thing going here with the site and this event. Thank you for taking the lead on this. I will be back!

PNG 03-03-2012 06:12 PM

Right on Ross. Good venue, good people, good time thanks to all

GattaFish 03-03-2012 06:31 PM

I got there just in time to get raffle tickets, see some peeps, and take home a few things,,,,,,, thanks again everyone,,,, nice job...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

numbskull 03-03-2012 06:41 PM

So much fun. So many good people, and Paul and Eddy were there, too.

ProfessorM 03-03-2012 06:46 PM

you going to take that Eddie

tattoobob 03-03-2012 06:47 PM

It was a great time, thanks S-B

ProfessorM 03-03-2012 06:53 PM

Fun was had by all. Thanks to Bruce and John for all the work. I think this venue was very comfortable and roomy. All the workmanship was impressive. Come on spring.

Gremlin 03-03-2012 07:15 PM

Always a good time at this event. People are great, lots of ideas. Dittos on the "Thanks for putting this on" Great Job.

nightfighter 03-03-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GattaFish (Post 924931)
I got there just in time to get raffle tickets, see some peeps, and take home a few things,,,,,,, thanks again everyone,,,, nice job...

Are you kidding me????? Missed each other......You were my #1 target to ho....:rotf2:

Swimmer 03-03-2012 08:00 PM

I think this venue deserves a second look next year, no doubt. As everyone else said good time, good people, very little planning, no meetings, which meant no pissing contest(just joking) , made for an awesome event.

Its kind of like having a plug flash mob with food.

blondterror 03-03-2012 08:17 PM

Great day... fun to see alll the talented plugmakers, trade plugs, and stock up on supplies from M&D's, plus the food was great too

Mojo7 03-03-2012 08:48 PM

This was my first plugfest and I was really impressed with the craftsmanship. Seeing the pictures of these plugs on-line just isn't the same as seeing them up close. Thanks to JohnR, Slipknot and all the guys that helped put this together I cannot wait till next years plugfest. Being a newbie thanks to all the guys that swapped with me.

Sgt Striper 03-03-2012 09:08 PM

:nopics:

mikecc 03-03-2012 09:17 PM

Glad to see all of you again we had a great time hope to see you again at TFCTFN. Thank You again for your support. .Now I can't wait to fish the plugs we got today.

Tburg 03-03-2012 09:23 PM

Great time today... 1st plug fest for me ... allot of very good builders...Got me eager to get back into it... My kids had a good time and came out of there with a good starter collection....Thank guys....

JohnR 03-03-2012 09:30 PM

Great time! More follow up tomorrow ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swimmer (Post 924950)
Its kind of like have a plug flash mob with food.

:rotf2:

Tagger 03-03-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 924935)
you going to take that Eddie

felt like a bump on a log not having anything built... Very inspiring show though and lit a fire under me as I painted a bunch of stuff when I got home .;.,Tinker toys were great . Good to see a lot of peeps . Also missed a lot of peeps . Grouchy old fart Steve,, Bad Larry ,, always Flap to mention a few . You guys work hard ,, thanks Slip you work real hard . Paul if I don't see you we'll see you at Zappa :uhuh:

The Dad Fisherman 03-03-2012 11:53 PM

hardcore from shore 03-04-2012 12:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bill had a great time. He enjoyed chatting with all and I could see him eying the paint jobs. I expect to see some interesting things next time I see him. Ron McKee's comments to him about the break lines and contrasts between colors had him thinking. As usual he enjoyed seeing Blond Terror and his work. He was impresssed (as I was) about how everbody's game continues to move up a notch or more every year. Really looking to this upcoming season and pictures of fish on people's own wood.
Thanks to Slip and John and everyone else who helped put this great event together.
Bill (the younger)

sks 03-04-2012 06:53 AM

Ditto

Good time, glad I may it down and got to see everyone again. I like the place it was held, plenty of room. Thanks to everyone who help to put it together. Hope to see ya all later during the season.

GregW 03-04-2012 07:05 AM

First off, thanks to
John and Slip for putting it together.
I had a fantastic time. I was amazed by the work, the friendliness , and the generosity of everyone. Thanks.

pbadad 03-04-2012 08:12 AM

Off the wall is all I can say to those creations. Enjoyed talking plugs and fishing. venue was spacious and allowed easy viewing. Thanks to Bruce and John for your tireless effort. Have a great fishing season all!

Back Beach 03-04-2012 08:33 AM

Best venue yet. Plenty of room and good location. The spicy chicken wings rocked. Props to the chef.

JMAC_kerel 03-04-2012 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 924978)

There were lots of pics taken. Hopefully some will be posted soon.

I was a good time and I always pick up new and useful info talking plugs/fishing with so many knowledgeable guys.

I did snap a pic when I got home of all the plugs (and tails!) I traded for. Nice work and thanks everyone.
Attachment 51061

Mojo7 03-04-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Back Beach (Post 924996)
Best venue yet. Plenty of room and good location. The spicy chicken wings rocked. Props to the chef.

Thanks!

Hot Rod 03-04-2012 09:28 AM

plug fest

Thanks to all for a great time. I learned a great deal and the information from the guys is priceless. The guys painting plugs gave great insight in supplies, tools and technique. Once I start finishing some of my new plugs I'll be sending those people some to try and evaluate. Thanks to Mike for all the ideas on novilty plugs and design. Sorry I didn't get to try the food because I was so busy on the floor learning my new obsession I lost track of time.

Slipknot 03-04-2012 09:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had a great time also
I am just now saving and naming pictures and I just got to Muskyslayers plug, and realized i was supposed to save his contest plug and send it back. I don't know who got his raffle plug jitterbug but sorry about that muskyslayer. :(
a lot going on yesterday
I'll post more pictures soon

Slipknot 03-04-2012 09:32 AM

HotRod, I was hoping to meet you
sorry I missed you

Muskyslayer96 03-04-2012 09:39 AM

Bruce,

No problem at all, If it was raffled off and went to a good home and to help out the S-B site, that's the least I can do for all the information, help, and friends I've gained here. :uhuh:
I hope the builders who won the Jitterbug and Flaptail enjoy them as much as I did making them. Wish I could have joined you guys!!

Best, and good luck this spring!!

MS

GregW 03-04-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 925006)
I had a great time also
I am just now saving and naming pictures and I just got to Muskyslayers plug, and realized i was supposed to save his contest plug and send it back. I don't know who got his raffle plug jitterbug but sorry about that muskyslayer. :(
a lot going on yesterday
I'll post more pictures soon

Bruce,
I won it in the raffle and can send it back if someone provides me with an address.