Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Pretty quiet (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94286)

Raider Ronnie 10-05-2018 08:58 AM

Pretty quiet

It’s pretty quiet in here this morning.
All you Liberal apologist busy getting on the busses to go make some Soros $$$ and take part in the protest/riots that are for sure coming all over the country 🤔

wdmso 10-05-2018 01:42 PM

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The very rude elevator screamers are paid professionals only looking to make Senators look bad. Don’t fall for it! Also, look at all of the professionally made identical signs. Paid for by Soros and others. These are not signs made in the basement from love! #Troublemakers

9:03 AM - Oct 5, 2018
72.9K people are talking about this

you 2 must get your tin foil hats from from the same Store they only serve free thinkers

detbuch 10-05-2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1152716)
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
The very rude elevator screamers are paid professionals only looking to make Senators look bad. Don’t fall for it! Also, look at all of the professionally made identical signs. Paid for by Soros and others. These are not signs made in the basement from love! #Troublemakers

9:03 AM - Oct 5, 2018
72.9K people are talking about this

you 2 must get your tin foil hats from from the same Store they only serve free thinkers

Thanks for the public service. I don't have a twitter account. Don't follow it. Your occasional posting of Trump twitters is very entertaining. But I understand that he makes a lot more twitters than you post. Could you please post a lot more of them, maybe all of them . . . if you could. I enjoy them and would like to see them all.

Again, thank you for the service
Detbuch

PaulS 10-05-2018 07:00 PM

Actually out making money to help support those conservative states which don't carry their own weight
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Slipknot 10-05-2018 07:06 PM

Me too Paul

Because my state does not seem to represent my views of smaller government and having to earn it as opposed to big government taking care of the sheep

Slipknot 10-05-2018 07:07 PM

That is funny detbuch

PaulS 10-05-2018 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1152731)
Me too Paul

Because my state does not seem to represent my views of smaller government and having to earn it as opposed to big government taking care of the sheep

Which states more represent in your view?

wdmso 10-06-2018 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1152720)
Thanks for the public service. I don't have a twitter account. Don't follow it. Your occasional posting of Trump twitters is very entertaining. But I understand that he makes a lot more twitters than you post. Could you please post a lot more of them, maybe all of them . . . if you could. I enjoy them and would like to see them all.

Again, thank you for the service
Detbuch

you can sleep well now the the supreme court is filled .. but as someone else stated I doubt your dystopian view of the Government wont be silent for long .. PS you dont need a twitter account you just need to pay attention .... and entertaining is a sad way to describe this POTUS but for his base its all about the entertainment and the POTUS keep on promoting the conspiracy theory of the day :btu:

Sea Dangles 10-06-2018 08:27 AM

Cry me a river,lefty pukes have sore butt holes.

Nebe 10-06-2018 08:46 AM

I don’t think people understand what being a judge on the Supreme Court means. You have to be completely neutral and be willing to cast aside your bias to enterprete the word of the law or write new laws with ZERO BIAS.
I don’t think anyone here can say with a straight face that this guy will be non partisan in his decision making.

Sea Dangles 10-06-2018 09:38 AM

Is that an opinion Eben or can you point to an example where this has been the case at some point in his past judgments? I can understand why you are distressed but this fear is based on speculation it seems.

detbuch 10-06-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1152769)
I don’t think people understand what being a judge on the Supreme Court means. You have to be completely neutral and be willing to cast aside your bias to enterprete the word of the law or write new laws with ZERO BIAS.
I don’t think anyone here can say with a straight face that this guy will be non partisan in his decision making.

Are you saying that SCOTUS Justices are supposed to write new laws? How more biased can a judge get than actually creating law rather than merely applying current law? Creating law from the bench, as Progressive jurists do, is the very essence of judicial bias.

spence 10-06-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1152772)
Is that an opinion Eben or can you point to an example where this has been the case at some point in his past judgments? I can understand why you are distressed but this fear is based on speculation it seems.

I’ve read anough about his history to believe he will act as a highly partisan justice. His remarks during the testimony confirmed this under oath. Take the Ford issue off the table and this alone makes him unfit to serve. Roberts hope of maintaining an independent and credible court is now gone.

I’d note it looks like the ABA is going to reconsider his qualification rating.

detbuch 10-06-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1152763)
keep on promoting the conspiracy theory of the day :btu:

https://www.build.com/cyan-design-03...07?uid=1389685

:btu:

detbuch 10-06-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1152784)
I’ve read anough about his history to believe he will act as a highly partisan justice. His remarks during the testimony confirmed this under oath. Take the Ford issue off the table and this alone makes him unfit to serve. Roberts hope of maintaining an independent and credible court is now gone.

Must be so.

Sea Dangles 10-06-2018 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1152784)

I’d note it looks like the ABA is going to reconsider his qualification rating.

If his largest flaw is being candid about his political leanings then he should suit us fine. If you could be more specific about the alleged highly partisan examples then people would benefit from your sharing. Otherwise you sound like another butt hurt Libby.

spence 10-06-2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1152788)
If his largest flaw is being candid about his political leanings then he should suit us fine. If you could be more specific about the alleged highly partisan examples then people would benefit from your sharing. Otherwise you sound like another butt hurt Libby.

You can do your own homework. If you need an assignment like a seven year old we can go that route. You’re certianly acting like one of late.

Sea Dangles 10-06-2018 02:54 PM

Atta boyLet it all out

Raider Ronnie 10-06-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1152769)

You going to try to tell me Ruth Ginsberg is neutral ???
😜🤣

Pete F. 10-06-2018 06:56 PM

VOTE your choice
Time will tell

Slipknot 10-06-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1152737)
Which states more represent in your view?

The ones that go along with the constitution and support everyone’s rights not just certain groups, the ones that have representatives who are looking out for the people and not just rich people who are able to line their pockets, the ones that reward hard work, actual work not some pencil pushing number crunching parasite s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g off the government tete. The states that can address real world problems as difficult issues arise and not kick the can down the road or create some committees to study it for a while(forever). The one that stand for civil liberties and rule of law and do not tolerate corruption.
The ones that do not legislate from the bench by flowing the three branches of government as the constitution calls for.

scottw 10-07-2018 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

I don’t think people understand what being a judge on the Supreme Court means.

You have to be completely neutral and be willing to cast aside your bias to write new laws with ZERO BIAS.

Are you saying that SCOTUS Justices are supposed to write new laws?

there is some delicious irony there....:jester:

wdmso 10-07-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1152805)
The ones that go along with the constitution and support everyone’s rights not just certain groups, the ones that have representatives who are looking out for the people and not just rich people who are able to line their pockets, the ones that reward hard work, actual work not some pencil pushing number crunching parasite s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g off the government tete. The states that can address real world problems as difficult issues arise and not kick the can down the road or create some committees to study it for a while(forever). The one that stand for civil liberties and rule of law and do not tolerate corruption.
The ones that do not legislate from the bench by flowing the three branches of government as the constitution calls for.

all that and you didn't name one state that fit your list?

Slipknot 10-07-2018 03:50 PM

😀
That’s the point
I’m not going to do the research
I own my home here, not moving yet so not looking for conservative utopia that does not exist, YET

wdmso 10-08-2018 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1152818)
😀
That’s the point
I’m not going to do the research
I own my home here, not moving yet so not looking for conservative utopia that does not exist, YET

fair answer .....

"conservative utopia that does not exist, YET" it will never exist nor will a liberal utopia ..

JohnR 10-08-2018 07:56 AM

Kavanaugh has become the poster boy for sexual assault - even though it has not been proven.

Michael Brown was the poster boy for Hands Up Don't Shoot but it was proven in court that he did not raise his hinds in surrender screaming don't shoot. Even the DoJ reviewed the case and stated there was no evidence that happened.

Every one of you Old White Men, the Patriarchy, are the problem with all that is good in the world. Regardless of whether you do good or evil. Think about that.

Some of the left might be more correct than they think in this "Post Truth World".

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1152806)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

I don’t think people understand what being a judge on the Supreme Court means.

You have to be completely neutral and be willing to cast aside your bias to write new laws with ZERO BIAS.

Are you saying that SCOTUS Justices are supposed to write new laws?

there is some delicious irony there....:jester:

Slipknot 10-08-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1152842)
fair answer .....

"conservative utopia that does not exist, YET" it will never exist nor will a liberal utopia ..

Yep