Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Barney Frank retiring!!! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=74633)

Jim in CT 11-28-2011 10:34 AM

Barney Frank retiring!!!

Christmas comes early this year in my house, too good to be true.

Barney Frank To Announce Retirement | Fox News

Is Sean Bielat running again?

The story seems to be that the congressional lines were re-drwan in Mass, and Frank's district lost New Bedford, and picked up some conservative areas. And rather than try an dexplain his anarchist MArxist ideology to rational people, Frank is chickening out.

Are things that swell in New Bedford that Frank got 100% of the vote there every 2 years? All those peoploe who live there, like what they see,. and don't want anything different? I don't get it.

UserRemoved 11-28-2011 11:10 AM

Bye hope the men's room stall don't hit him on the way out
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

saltfly 11-28-2011 11:41 AM

Thank you,GOD.......

Slipknot 11-28-2011 02:11 PM

I would rather he just quit right now and resign, but at least he's not running again.

RIJIMMY 11-28-2011 04:17 PM

great news.

Gary 11-28-2011 05:21 PM

Best news I've heard in years, I think I'm gonna have a party to celebrate!!!!!

striperman36 11-28-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary (Post 904189)
Best news I've heard in years, I think I'm gonna have a party to celebrate!!!!!

Don't celebrate until we find out what we get in his place...

Raven 11-28-2011 06:55 PM

maybe sanfran is his new home

ecduzitgood 11-28-2011 07:24 PM

I think he will get a vacation place for his boy toy to grow weed, probably that area in California where residents can grow.

Raven 11-28-2011 07:28 PM

all those properties went up 100 grand

spence 11-28-2011 07:51 PM

I asked a guy I know in Frank's district, who's a very successful sales executive and no liberal BTW, why people like him.

He simply responded, because he fights for the interests of his constituents.

Personally, I think the whole obsession with Barney Frank has more to do with repressed homosexual tendencies than politics.

-spence

striperman36 11-28-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 904233)
I asked a guy I know in Frank's district, who's a very successful sales executive and no liberal BTW, why people like him.

Personally, I think the whole obsession with Barney Frank has more to do with repressed homosexual tendencies than politics.

-spence

I don't think the Fannie Mae and financial crisis which he had a had in is any part a repressed feeling towards butt grabbing

spence 11-28-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striperman36 (Post 904238)
I don't think the Fannie Mae and financial crisis which he had a had in is any part a repressed feeling towards butt grabbing

He made mistakes but if you actually look at what was being proposed and by whom you'll see that the GOP narrative is severely flawed. There are plenty of posts on this subject from a year ago...

Which takes us back to the "wide stance" :hihi:

-spence

likwid 11-28-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

-spence

He's been a voracious supporter of businesses and rights in Bristol County as long as he's been in office.

He's also been a major proponent for commercial fishing and keeping New Bedford alive.

But apparently gay jokes from the bicurious are far more entertaining. :hihi:

striperman36 11-28-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 904249)
He's been a voracious supporter of businesses and rights in Bristol County as long as he's been in office.

He's also been a major proponent for commercial fishing and keeping New Bedford alive.

Spence is in the closet..

JohnR 11-28-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 904249)

I could give a rats bleep about his "orientation" but if anyone with an R (and several Ds) after their name rand across shoaled waters like Frank did they would have been cut loose. One would think Frank has a second set of rules.

In general, I don't like his policies. He is pretty quick to grab any money from things he doesn't like to buy votes. While that doesn't make him unusual from Congress.

Jim in CT 11-29-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

-spence

You are really out there in another universe. According to fanatics like you, opposition to liberal policies MUST be rooted in racism, homophobia, or some other kind of hate. You simply cannot grasp that common sense, objective fact, compassion, and historical precedent, could lead someone to disagree with you.

My problem with Frank is that right up until the subprime mortgage crisis hit, he was talking about what great investments Fannie and Freddie were. He also thought it was swell that men's room attendents were buying $400,000 houses. Whent that imploded, he blamed everybody else.

His politics hurt a lot of people.

I also refuse to believe that he lived in a condo with his boyfriend, and that the boyfriend ran a homosexual prostitution ring out of their condo, and he didn't know wnything about it?

He fighs for the rights of his constituents? That's why New Bedford is such a paradise?!

Raven 11-29-2011 07:59 AM

he was fighting for legalization which makes him a HERO in my book
but that's a whole other can of worms i'll not get into.

he's one of the few politicians that had the guts to
speak out against the feds and their policies.

striperman36 11-29-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 904304)

When did he start doing that in the 80's or just the late 90's? I think it has a lot to do with the security of his electorate.

The dude was a loose cannon,

Jim in CT 11-29-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 904304)

"he's one of the few politicians that had the guts to
speak out against the feds and their policies"

When liberal Democrats speak out against what the feds are doing, it's "gutsy". When conservatives speak out against what the feds are doing, we are called obstructionist and racist (not by you, but by lots of people). It's a tad frustrating.

RIJIMMY 11-29-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

-spence

thats crap. hes an arrogant, loud mouth blowhard that believes he is above everyone else.

ecduzitgood 11-29-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 904315)
thats crap. hes an arrogant, loud mouth blowhard that believes he is above everyone else.

I always thought he was behind everyone;)

The Dad Fisherman 11-29-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 904315)

Kinda like a Flamboyant Rex Ryan

Fly Rod 11-29-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

-spence

Apparently in the last election they didn't like him as much as in the past elections. He only got 54% of the vote in a heavy democratic district. Maybe he feels that he has a good chance of losing this time around.

Fly Rod 11-29-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 904319)
I always thought he was behind everyone;)

With his hands on their shoulders.

likwid 11-29-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Rod (Post 904335)
Apparently in the last election they didn't like him as much as in the past elections. He only got 54% of the vote in a heavy democratic district. Maybe he feels that he has a good chance of losing this time around.

That 54% cared what he did for his district, not the country.

You should care what he did for the commercial fishing in your town, other than dying tourism, its about the only thing keeping it afloat.

Fly Rod 11-30-2011 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 904432)
That 54% cared what he did for his district, not the country.

You should care what he did for the commercial fishing in your town, other than dying tourism, its about the only thing keeping it afloat.

I didn't say the country. Since they re-lined the state districts he does not have that heavy democratic base. You should give up drinking or smoking the weed while reading a post.

He was only a man of words when it came to the fishing industry, same as John Kerry, Bruce Tarr and Studds.

Tourism today is a small part of the city, we have a very good non polluting industrial base in the city.

You must also be a fan of Elizabeth Warren too. She is a product of Lubchenco the head of NOAA.

Do not forget to leave your 25 bucks when you visit our beaches. :)

likwid 11-30-2011 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Rod (Post 904470)
He was only a man of words when it came to the fishing industry, same as John Kerry, Bruce Tarr and Studds.

Pombo-Frank
Buzzards Bay oil transit rules
Commercial safety laws

More words than you've ever come forth with.

Quote:

Do not forget to leave your 25 bucks when you visit our beaches. :)
Sorry, we have village only beaches down here. Please stay away. :)

Fly Rod 11-30-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 904475)
Sorry, we have village only beaches down here. Please stay away. :)

Snob zoning.

vineyardblues 11-30-2011 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good news every day
By Mr Frank