Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Nobody told me is just another lie (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=96410)

Pete F. 04-20-2020 10:15 AM

Nobody told me is just another lie

From the WaPo

More than a dozen U.S. researchers, physicians and public health experts, many of them from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, were working full time at the Geneva headquarters of the World Health Organization as the novel coronavirus emerged late last year and transmitted real-time information about its discovery and spread in China to the Trump administration, according to U.S. and international officials.

A number of CDC staff members are regularly detailed to work at the WHO in Geneva as part of a rotation that has operated for years. Senior Trump-appointed health officials also consulted regularly at the highest levels with the WHO as the crisis unfolded, the officials said.

The presence of so many U.S. officials undercuts President Trump’s assertion that the WHO’s failure to communicate the extent of the threat, born of a desire to protect China, is largely responsible for the rapid spread of the virus in the United States.

Sea Dangles 04-20-2020 02:48 PM

Isn’t that something
🍔
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Nebe 04-20-2020 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1191311)
Isn’t that something
🍔

It is something.

detbuch 04-20-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1191302)
From the WaPo

More than a dozen U.S. researchers, physicians and public health experts, many of them from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, were working full time at the Geneva headquarters of the World Health Organization as the novel coronavirus emerged late last year and transmitted real-time information about its discovery and spread in China to the Trump administration, according to U.S. and international officials.

A number of CDC staff members are regularly detailed to work at the WHO in Geneva as part of a rotation that has operated for years. Senior Trump-appointed health officials also consulted regularly at the highest levels with the WHO as the crisis unfolded, the officials said.

The presence of so many U.S. officials undercuts President Trump’s assertion that the WHO’s failure to communicate the extent of the threat, born of a desire to protect China, is largely responsible for the rapid spread of the virus in the United States.

Did the WHO communicate the extent of the threat differently than the head of WHO did at the time Trump refers to? The head of the WHO was parroting China's version at that time that there was no evidence of human to human transmission and that the travel ban was not necessary, that it was alarmist and racist. The message was not one of urgency, but that the coronavirus was no more dangerous than the flu.

And the CDC, which requested it, was not allowed by China to go there and help to find out what exactly was happening.

detbuch 04-20-2020 06:04 PM

Pete likes certain timelines. Doubt that he'll like this one provided by the Hudson Institute. It shows China's duplicity in covering up its culpability in spreading the virus and The WHO's complicity in covering up for China. It's long, covering the period from mid November to mid April, listing about 80 dates involving significant information in each.

It substantiates what I said in the above post and shows how China along with its running mate WHO covered up what the rest of the world needed to know to stop the virus early on, thus being the real culprits in the spread of Covid-19 to the rest of the world.

Please read it. It's an easy bullet point layout so you don't have to read excessive verbiage and doesn't take much time or effort to get through. It's VERY enlightening.

https://www.hudson.org/research/1592...virus-timeline

Nebe 04-20-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1191316)

Please read it. It's an easy bullet point layout so you don't have to read excessive verbiage and doesn't take much time or effort to get through. It's VERY enlightening.

https://www.hudson.org/research/1592...virus-timeline

They dumbed it down for the trump-tards and mental midgets who lack reading comprehension.

Pete F. 04-20-2020 07:08 PM

Who did the Trump* administration appoint to the executive board of the WHO?
And why did Art of the Deal Trump* not pressure his good friend Xi for access?

detbuch 04-20-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1191320)
They dumbed it down for the trump-tards and mental midgets who lack reading comprehension.

So did you comprehend it?

Sea Dangles 04-20-2020 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1191313)
It is something.

Yippee

Pete F. 04-20-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1191322)
Who did the Trump* administration appoint to the executive board of the WHO?

And why did Art of the Deal Trump* not pressure his good friend Xi for access?

Too hard a question?

Sea Dangles 04-20-2020 09:42 PM

Ask yourself again, Bitchslappedboy.

Nebe 04-20-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1191329)
So did you comprehend it?

I didn’t read it. Much like 94% of your posts.

detbuch 04-20-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1191340)
I didn’t read it. Much like 94% of your posts.

Actually, this must be a pretty good thread--it sucked you in. And it even got you to read two of my posts in this thread alone--and respond to them. That's got to be your 6% quota for a while.

wdmso 04-21-2020 10:07 AM

seems this has been lost in the daily Trump rally

President Trump has removed the head of a group charged with overseeing the $2 trillion coronavirus package passed by Congress last month.

Fine has worked under both Republican and Democratic administrations, serving for more than a decade as the inspector general at the Department of Justice. He joined the Department of Defense's Office of Inspector General in 2015.

well see how long the new guy last or why the old guy was let go?

Nebe 04-21-2020 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1191356)
seems this has been lost in the daily Trump rally

President Trump has removed the head of a group charged with overseeing the $2 trillion coronavirus package passed by Congress last month.

Fine has worked under both Republican and Democratic administrations, serving for more than a decade as the inspector general at the Department of Justice. He joined the Department of Defense's Office of Inspector General in 2015.

well see how long the new guy last or why the old guy was let go?

The old guy was probably given the boot because he wasn’t a boot licker

Pete F. 04-21-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1191338)
Ask yourself again, Bitchslappedboy.

You’re sure you want to play this game

Sea Dangles 04-21-2020 03:41 PM

What is a liberal fool?

Exhibit A: Bitchslappedboy asking questions that get zero interest and then quoting the rhetorical bs he thinks is too challenging for anybody with enough common sense to show no interest.

PaulS 04-21-2020 03:56 PM

Then why don't you debate him like an adult. It should be fun to watch

Pete F. 04-21-2020 04:55 PM

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
It will come, I asked if he was sure.
Apparently he is.

Sea Dangles 04-21-2020 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1191382)
Then why don't you debate him like an adult. It should be fun to watch

It couldn’t possibly be more fun than I have here on a daily basis.

Sea Dangles 04-21-2020 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1191386)
Revenge is a dish best served cold.
It will come, I asked if he was sure.
Apparently he is.

Revenge implies you have been offended or scorned.
My sincere apologies Bitchslappedboy.

Sea Dangles 04-21-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1191365)
You’re sure you want to play this game

This is NOT a question Bitchslappedboy.
Liberal fool
Intellectual midge

Pete F. 04-21-2020 08:57 PM

OK, Genius
41°38'19" N

Nebe 04-21-2020 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1191398)
OK, Genius
41°38'19" N

Careful when arguing with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

Sea Dangles 04-22-2020 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1191398)
OK, Genius
41°38'19" N

It doesn’t take genius to figure out you have no clue what comprises a question. You simply lack common sense.,

Sea Dangles 04-22-2020 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1191399)
Careful when arguing with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

Back in the fray?
I won’t tell Bart.

Nebe 04-22-2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1191405)
Back in the fray?
I won’t tell Bart.

Nope. I’m being careful :rotfl:

Pete F. 09-09-2020 12:12 PM

Remember this thread from March

Something appears to have delayed the White House press briefing today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-I5dcEK_wg

detbuch 09-09-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1200466)
Remember this thread from March

Something appears to have delayed the White House press briefing today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-I5dcEK_wg

Old news. Everybody knows that Trump downplayed it, just as did the Dems and the press and the medical experts on our coronavirus response team, including Fauci and Birx. There was an admitted attempt to prevent a panic, while, in actuality, all was being done to try to keep the effects of the virus contained as much as possible.

Fauci has publicly stated he couldn't imagine seeing anyone doing more than the coronavirus response team that Trump created. And that, during those months, Trump did everything that Fauci asked him, .

Pete F. 09-09-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1200493)
Old news. Everybody knows that Trump downplayed it, just as did the Dems and the press and the medical experts on our coronavirus response team, including Fauci and Birx. There was an admitted attempt to prevent a panic, while, in actuality, all was being done to try to keep the effects of the virus contained as much as possible.

Fauci has publicly stated he couldn't imagine seeing anyone doing more than the coronavirus response team that Trump created. And that, during those months, Trump did everything that Fauci asked him, .

“I take no responsibility at all”

He really could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and you would rationalize it